This Cloud Just Keeps on Covering

Twenty

Luckily, it had been two weeks and nothing had happened. That calmed everyone down a lot. For the first few days, we were all antsy about it. Frank even made me call in sick the day after my little incident. Jon called me, making sure I was okay. He had visited the salon and Jamie said I was sick. I told him everything was fine, not wanting him to ever be sad or worried again.

Frank and I sat out on the small balcony, staring out at the passing cars. Hunter and Jaxon had gone to school that day, leaving the two of us alone. Maybe some parents would enjoy that. We didn't.

I leaned my head on Frank's shoulder. "I'm bored."

"Me too," he said, nodding.

From behind us, we heard a knock on the door. I slowly got up and walked over to it, my socks sliding on the wooden floor. At the door stood Gerard. He smiled and handed me a bag. I raised an eyebrow.

"I found you something cool," he said.

I nodded and smiled. Getting onto my tip-toes, I hugged my brother. He kissed my cheek and grinned when Frank came in.

"Hey, Frank," Gerard said.

"Hey, Gee," Frank answered.

I looked over my shoulder to Frank who was smiling sweetly. Sure, he smiled, but he looked different. His face seemed much more tired than normal. I had noticed that lately.

The three of us sat in the living room, slumping onto the couches lazily. Bella trotted over to Gerard, rubbing her head against his hand. When the kids weren't around, she made sure she got plenty of attention.

"Hey, Bells," Gerard laughed, stroking her brown fur.

Bella barked at him, her tongue hanging out of the side of her mouth. She then settled down on the rug beside his feet, resting her head on her paws. Gerard looked back over to me.

"Open it," he said, pointing at the bag.

I nodded and began opening the bag. When I saw what it was, I gasped. I pulled the black fabric out of the bag, grinning. It was my costume from my first concert with My Chemical Romance. Setting it down gingerly, I rushed over to my brother, hugging him tightly.

"Where did you find it?" Frank asked, looking at the fabric.

"It was stuffed in one of my bags. Maybe you confused your bag with my own," Gerard said.

I nodded, running my hands over the white ribs on it. It was still in great condition, but I didn't have anywhere to wear it.

So, I grabbed one of my nice black hangers and placed the dress upon it. It was a little stretched from when Frank had tried it on, but it still would fit me if I ever needed it again. Holding onto the hanger, I walked back into the living room and hung it up on a small nail in the wall. The guys smiled at it.

"It looks perfect in here," Frank said.

I grinned and sat back down, staring lovingly at the dress. I had begun to lay my head down on Frank's lap when the front door opened. Little footsteps rushed over to the couches, revealing Jaxon. He smiled at me, hugging me tightly. I pulled him up onto the couch with me, planting kisses on his cheek.

Hunter leaned over the couch and hugged me, grinning also.

"How was school?" I asked.

"Good. It was weird being in a school building," Hunter said, setting his backpack on the ground.

"What do you mean?" Frank asked.

"Well, we were all homeschooled so I had never been in a school. It was... clean."

We all laughed at Hunter explanations and moved over so he could sit down. Jaxon scurried over to Gerard, clinging onto his uncle. I swear, if there was something that little boy loved more than Frank and I, it was definitely Gerard.

"Hey, Bud," Gerard said, smiling. "How was your day?"

"Good! Melly and I got to go on the playground!" he gushed, jumping up and down.

"Melly?" I asked.

"My friend! She's right over there!" Jaxon explained, pointing to the empty spot next to Frank.

"Of course!" Gerard said, his eyes wide.

Jaxon laughed and sat down, resting his head onto Gerard's arm. Hunter laughed at his little brother, his bottle green eyes fully of joy.

"So, any cute girls?" Frank asked, winking at Hunter.

I rolled my eyes at Frank and threw my pillow over at him. Hunter laughed but nodded.

"Yeah," he answered.

Gerard, Frank and I stared at each other. "Oooh!"

Hunter rolled his eyes at our behavior and shook his head. I turned to him, lifting my legs up onto the couch Indian style. Pushing my hair behind my ears, I smiled.

"Who?" I asked.

"Jessie May," he explained.

"Sounds pretty."

"Very pretty."
♠ ♠ ♠
haha I just had to include that little ending.
Of course we had to know about Hunter's 'love-life'.
haha
enjoy!