This Cloud Just Keeps on Covering

Twenty-Two

-Three Years Later-

Frank held onto my hand tightly as we weaved through the large crowd of parents. Jaxon held onto my hand, looking around at all of the adults. We finally found three open seats and sat down on the hard, metal seat.

After a while, the crowd all sat down, looking up at the state. A thin woman the height of a giraffe stepped out from behind the curtain. She tapped the microphone once and cleared her throat.

"Hello, and welcome to Harvest High School's Talent Show. I'm proud to have all of my students showing their talents and hope you enjoy the show," the principal said.

The parents clapped and stopped talking to their spouses. I smiled down at Jaxon, running a hand through his soft hair. He smiled back before looking over to the stage. When he saw his brother, he smiled wider.

"Ready?" Frank asked.

I nodded, my lips spreading into an endless grin. Frank kissed my cheek and looked up at the stage. Upon the raised platform were five teenagers. I instantly noticed all of Hunter's friends and smiled when I saw my son beside the microphone.

"Whenever I look back on the best days of my life, I think I saw them all on T.V. I am so homesick now for someone that I never knew. I am so homesick now for someplace I will never be," he sang, his mousy brown hair falling into his eyes.

From behind me, I heard a few girls giggle. Frank smiled. From our left, I noticed another girl laughing softly. I looked over and saw a girl with short brown hair and bright green eyes. She smiled up at Hunter, her cheeks turning a soft shade of red.

"If I could go back once again, I would change everything, yeah. If I could go back once again, I'd do it all so much better," Hunter sang, coming close to an ending.

On my right side, I heard heavy panting. Frank and I quickly turned that way to see the other guys. Gerard smiled at us, bending halfway over. Mikey looked up at the state, smiling as his nephew sang loudly.

When the teenagers had finished the song, the crowd clapped loudly. The girl on our left grinned, clapping faster than everyone around us. Gerard laughed at her enthusiasm.

"Hey, I think that's Jessie May," Gerard said, motioning over to her.

I smiled, knowing that Hunter still liked her. It had been three years, and he still talked about how pretty and kind she was. The way she stared at him made me feel that they would eventually end up together.

Being at the high school made me feel strange. I mean, I was only twenty three now. And my son was sixteen. That sounded a bit strange, but he wasn't my blood son, so it worked out.

"Wanna go congratulate him?" Frank asked me, leaning by my ear.

I nodded, standing up. Gerard walked with Jaxon, smiling widely. The two were still inseparable. I held onto Frank's hand, walking with the other four guys and my little seven year old.

Behind the stage, we noticed Hunter and his band sitting down. I hurried over to Hunter, hugging him tightly. He laughed and hugged me back.

"You did great, Hunter," I cooed.

"Thanks, Mom," Hunter chuckled.

As Hunter went to talk to the guys, I noticed two of Hunter's friend staring at me strangely. I smiled at them, introducing myself. They seemed quite surprised they I was his Mom. But, they were equally surprised that Hunter's Dad, uncles, and friends were My Chemical Romance.

"So, the famous Tessa Way is your Mom?" one of the boys asked, his blue eyes bigger than the moon.

Hunter nodded and gave me a one armed hug. "Yeah."

The boys let out small whistles of awe, still surprised that their friend was related to rockstars. They had always guessed that Hunter's last name was just a coincidence.

"Ready to head off?" I asked.

Hunter nodded. He said goodbye to his friends before escaping out of the exit with us. We all piled into our cars, heading to one certain place.

When we got there, we all got out of the cars. I held onto Frank's hand, feeling my insides crawl slightly. In front of us was my past.

My old home.

We all sat on the front porch, talking to one another brightly. Always gathered here at the old home after big occasions. We weren't sure why, but it always seemed the place.

I knew reasons why it was big for me.

The house was where I was stuck without my brother's for eighteen years. It was also the place I returned after being with them for a while. The house was where Jon and I talked out of our windows to each other, too. And most importantly, it was where I had left my Mother behind.

I hadn't ever seen her after that one night when I gathered all my bags and left with the guys. She tried to call, but we rejected her, feeling slightly pained to even speak of her. She was still displeased that her kids turned out to be rockstars. I was sure she would be even more angry to see that her grandkids were big on music, too. But, we didn't have to worry about her seeing us. She had moved away from the home that brought her too many painful memories.

We weren't sure where she was.

"Tessa, are you okay?" Frank asked, nudging my shoulder with his own.

I nodded at my husband, running a hand through my blonde hair. He smiled at me, leaning his head on my shoulder. I looked out to the sky seeing the faint outlines of the city skyscrapers. But, I turned to my brother, my friends, my sons and my husband, feeling even more depth as I stared at them.

They had all brought something into my life. My brothers had brought the close relationship of brothers and sisters. Ray and Bob provided the love for best friends and humor. My two sons had helped me mature a bit. And Frank, well, he brought one of the biggest aspects of my life.

Love.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, I'm really bummed that this is the end.
: (
This was a great story to put together and share.
Please, please, PLEASE check out my other stories if you haven't.