This Cloud Just Keeps on Covering

Nine

Of course, Gerard decided he was going to stay at our apartment while his lover was away. Frank and I didn't mind, though. He was fun to have around.

Gerard tucked the black blanket over the couch cushions, biting his tongue in concentration. When the blanket didn't stay, I walked over to him, helping him pull the blanket over. He thanked me and tossed a pillow onto the couch.

"Sorry for the crappy sleeping arrangements," I said, smiling.

Gerard shook his head. "It's okay. I don't mind."

Nodding, I walked into my room. Frank was already in bed, his face buried into his many pillows. I changed into my pajamas and walked back into the living room, sweeping my fire engine hair up into a pony tail. Gerard smiled at me, getting snuggled up in his blanket.

"You sure you'll be okay? Frank and I can sleep out here and you can have the bed, if you want," I offered, sitting on the couch.

"It's fine, Sis."

I nodded and smiled at my brother. He kissed my cheek and shut his eyes, exhaling slowly. On my way out of the room, I checked to make sure the door was locked and turned out all of the lights. In my bedroom, Bella lifted her head from her paws, stopping to stare at me. I flicked off the lights and got into my bed, kissing Bella's nose.

As I reached for my iPod, Frank turned to me.

"Hello," he said, grinning sleepily.

"Hey, hey," I answered, setting the buds into my ears once more.

"So, about adopting..."

I pulled the buds from my ears at that, setting the iPod back onto my nightstand. Turning back to Frank, I put on my serious face. But, knowing that I was with the goofiest guy ever, I knew it would be away soon.

"I do wanna adopt," Frank said.

"Well, we can go visit an adoption agency soon," I said, shrugging.

Frank nodded quickly, grinning from ear to ear. "Okay."

Smiling, I kissed his cheek and laid down, shutting my eyes. And with a flick of the Sand Man's wrist, I was asleep. Okay, maybe there was no Sand Man. But that would be cool. And creepy.

The next morning, I woke up to the aroma of coffee filling the room. I slowly sat up, seeing that I was all alone. Bella and Frank were no longer in the room with me. Yawning, I sat up and stretched out my arms. I stepped off of the bed and walked into the kitchen, my feet sliding against the wooden floors.

Gerard and Frank were sitting in the kitchen, both sipping their coffee. When they saw me, they smiled and greeted me. I sat down with them, getting myself my own cup of coffee. Bela sniffed at me anxiously, hoping by some way that the coffee would spill onto the floor for her.

"So, what are we gonna do today?" Gerard asked.

Frank looked over to me, his eyes worried. I think I knew what he was thinking. So, I shook my head at him. Gerard stared at us cautiously, raising one eyebrow.

"Um, well are you gonna have a Halloween party?" I asked Gerard.

Gerard grinned. "Of course."

"Well, that's like one week away," Frank said, running a hand through his ebony hair.

"Yeah, I better get crackin' on that."

I laughed and stared at my big brother. "Crackin'?"

"Yeah, crackin'."

Laughing, I shook my head and drank some of my coffee. We had began to sit in silence again when we heard the front door open slowly. Mikey stumbled in, grinning like a fool. He ran over to us, holding a small white sheet of paper in his hands.

"What's up?" Gerard asked, setting his mug onto the counter.

"I just met the most amazing girl ever! And she gave me her number!" Mikey said, waving the piece of paper in front of us.

Frank, Gerard, and I winked at the man. "Ooooh!"

"Her name is Alicia. She's really nice, and pretty, and-" Mikey explained.

"Okay we get it! Don't drool on the floor, Mikes!" Gerard joked, smiling at his younger brother.

"Do we get to meet her?" I asked him.

Mikey shrugged. "Maybe at the Halloween party?"

I nodded and handed Mikey the rest of my coffee. He quickly inhaled it, smiling brightly at me. Sighing, I walked out of the kitchen and into the bathroom to get ready. After taking my short shower, I heard a knock on the door. I quickly dressed myself and opened the door. Gerard handed me my cell phone. I grinned when I saw it was Jamie calling.

"Hey, Girly," I said, grabbing my blow dryer from the shelf.

"Oh-my-God, guess what?" she said, her voice at it's loudest.

"What?" I asked, hoping for some good gossip.

"You can come back to work with me!" she screeched.