Status: Completed.

Like a Salt Sore Soaked in the Sea

I Missed You

Image

Amity's Point of View
My heart raced as I ran out of the door, nearly colliding with the wall of the hallway. I whipped my head around and examined the image before me. Blake was sitting against the wall, breathing heavily and staring at Dracula, hypnotized. A broken, bloody chair leg sat, curled under his equally as battered fingers. I looked passed him to see a 3-legged end table. Finally, my eyes fell upon Dracula. He looked almost sleeping- aside from the gash where his heart would be. He looked strangely peaceful. Then, I saw it. His body was decaying fast- more quickly then a human's would have. I'd never seen a vampire die.

"Blake.." I whispered, confused. He didn't flinch. He just stared blankly at Dracula as he decayed. "Blake." I repeated. He blinked. Addam took my hand from behind and whispered, "Just leave him alone for a second. I think he's just.. shocked. That's all." Reluctantly, I did as was told. He didn't look okay.

Finally, his eyes met my own. I smiled, slightly but he didn't return the smile. He dropped the leg of the end table and opened his arms for me. Gladly, I filled them, feeling his warmth. He still didn't speak but he held me. "Blake, it will be okay." I whispered and kissed his cheek. "I promise."

He hid his face him my hair and whispered, "I know." I smiled and pulled away enough o look at his face. He seemed confused but, nonetheless, happy as well. "I love you." he said and kissed me. "And I'll never let anything bad happen to you." I took the dead body not 3 feet from us as proof of that. He was my protector. He loved me. "I love you, too." I whispered.

"Okay, I hate to interrupt but-" Addam began, sarcastically sweet. "-shouldn't we be, you know, leaving?" He rolled his eyes. I laughed and pulled myself from Blake. He was right. What if Dracula's goons arrived home and weren't too pleased about their dead master?

Blake groaned but stood up. "When we get home, you better make this up to me." he whispered, huskily in my ear. I swallowed hard. Before I could ask what he had in mind, he ran. Addam looked at me and shrugged before chasing after him. I sighed. I hated running but, reluctantly, caught up with them. I grinned widely at Addam's jealous expression. I could already run faster than him and he wasn't pleased.

In a moment, we were home. Immediately, Blake grabbed me, thew me over his shoulder and began carrying me upstairs. "Oh, you know, you could have been a bit more subtle, Blake!" Addam called ans shuddered in disgust. Ignoring the initial shock at Blake's quick actions, I laughed at Addam's reaction. Blake just reached a hand behind his back and flipped him off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the lateness.