To the Point of Obsession

Well I'd never want to see you unhappy...

"What the fuck was that?" I asked once we went to the car.

"Just visiting."

"Well, it creeped them out. And why are you wearing no makeup and scar covering stuff?" I asked, crossing my arms and pouting.

"You don't like it?" he asked, taking it off. His scars were jagged and rough, and the edges were slightly pink.

I shook my head. "I already told you, you look pretty."

"Pretty's not the answer I'm looking for. And we're going to the mob now."

I nodded, noticing he was wearing most of his normal attire; he was only missing the purple coat. "What are you talking to the mob people for?"

"They need Batman gone, and I can do it for them."

"So, you want money?"

"Money isn't the answer," he said, speeding away.

"Then why do it?"

"I am so bored with doing the same kind of stuff, week after week, month after month. Part of
the reason I got you," he said nonchalantly, glancing over.

"Because you were bored? That's why I'm here?" I asked, toying with his head.

"Well," he mumbled, looking back to the road. "Kinda. I also wanted you…"

I glanced at him, seeing him blushing. "Me?"

"I know it's weird to think about, but you're different… I feel more for you—"

"More than Harley?" I asked.

"Yes." He pulled off to the side of the road, getting out, and then going to the back of the truck, pulling out his clown makeup. He went to the front and sat in the driver's seat, starting to put on the white.

"Wait," I said, before he could put the red lipstick on. He turned, and without thinking I enveloped his lips in mine. He kissed back, pulling me into him. Smiling into the kiss, I deepened it, and before long, we were in a full on make out session.

I pulled away, and giggled at his splotchy face. "I messed up your makeup."

"It was worth it," he said, smiling. He kissed my nose, and then giggled. "You're adorable."

I cocked my eyebrow and blushed. I got his white makeup and put it on him in silence. When he was done, I got out of the car and waited for him to lead me in. He stalked to an abandoned office building and walked in, going down a flight of stairs. He stopped by a door and listened.

"I will call for you if I need you. If I don't call you, don't come in," he said, once again listening to the conversation.

A few minutes later, (I honestly don't know what they were talking about) he walked in, laughing.

"Hey, what is this clown doing here?" one mobster asked, threateningly.

"Oh don't mind me, I'm doing you guys a favor," he said.

"Why don't I have one of my boys here blow your brains out the window?"

"Wanna see a magic trick? Watch the pencil… disappear." the Joker asked. I could only imagine where he was going to put the pencil to make it disappear. There was silence, and then a thud against a table. "Ta-da! It's… magic"

There was another, heavier thud, then the Joker spoke again. "What is wrong with you guys? Having your little group therapy sessions during the day? Afraid of going out at night? I know why you guys won't go out at night. The Batman. Gotham needs a better class of criminal. But that isn't possible without me. So… we kill the bat."

"How are you gonna do that? You can't even rob a bank by yourself."

"Ah… you know Dahlia Gray, right?" he asked, snapping his fingers towards the door. He whistled once, and I walked in, my hands on my hips.

"You're whistling for me now? You think I'm a dog or something?" I asked, half mad at him.

"Dog… bitch," he said, shrugging. "Same thing."

I glared at him and looked at the room. It was a few tables put together, forming a square and a TV with an Asian man on it at the end.

"Soooooooo… this is your big trick? A play toy?" one asked, looking at me skeptically. "Probably can't do anything."

"I'm not paying her until I see what she does," the 'leader' said, crossing his arms.

"She doesn't. She's probably just gonna be a little distraction," the same man from before said, rolling his eyes.

"You want me to show you what I do?" I asked, smirking, while walking toward him. I held my hand behind my back, hoping the Joker knew what I was asking for. The Joker walked behind me, pulling me close to him, pretended to whisper in my ear and slipped a pocket knife in my hand before pushing me forward.

The man nodded, walking toward me.

I took one more step and slashed his left mouth corner, causing him to fall to the floor in shock. The mobsters reacted differently. Some gasped, withdrawing from me, others looked at me like I was crazy, and some just stared.

I looked down the man and put one foot on his chest. "I would get a flower and pin it to your eyeball, but I don't have one. So… you get this." I put my weight on his chest, hearing a few pops, meaning I broke a rib or two.

The Joker laughed as I walked back.

"Okay, she's in," The leader said.

"So, what are we doing?" another asked.

"It's simple, we kill the batman," The Joker said, looking at the group.

"If it's so simple, why haven't you done it?"

"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

"How much you want?"

"Half," the Joker said, ignoring the laughter. I glanced at him and he winked.

"If we don't deal with this now, in a month, Gambol over here won't be able to get a nickel for his grandma," the Joker said, mockingly to Gambol, the leader of one mob.

"Alright! Enough with the clown!" Gambol stood up, but so did the Joker. The Joker had several bombs strapped to his coat, with a string trigger attached to his thumb.

"Here's my card… why don't you call me when you think a little more seriously?" he asked, throwing a Joker card on the table, and then motioning me to go, walking out behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was watching some Heath Ledger videos today in computers class.
And I cried. It was an epic fail on my part.

Also, sorry for the humongous gap in updates, but I'll work on it.

COMMENTS = LOVE!

READ THE NEXT CHAPTER ASAP!
PLEASE AND THANK YOU, BFFJILLS!