To the Point of Obsession

When another girls playing the game

I was never a really popular girl. I always was the weird girl that was quiet, but was talked about. The popular girls would constantly have my name etched in their mouth for some reason or another. Until I started screwing the high school star quarterback. Then, I was the most popular girl in the school, despite being only a sophomore. The popular girls had me over to their mansions and penthouses for sleepovers, and I got ready for prom at one of their houses. I remember nothing about high school except the feeling of pride when I walked into Prom hanging off the arm of the most hottest, most popular guy in school.

But, nothing compared to that feeling like waking up wrapped in the Joker's arms. He was protective of me, and I liked it. He at least pretended to care about how I felt, and I liked it. And he made me feel like I wasn't stuck in Gotham City, and I loved that.
I woke up too early for a Saturday. The sun was barely peeking over the Gotham cityscape, and the warehouse was quiet. It was way too early, but I still got up and slipped on a pair of pants I found on the floor and grabbed one of the Joker's shirts. It had been a week since Gambol was killed, and nothing that important had happened. Some plans about Batman were thrown around, but none were settled on.

I sat down in one of the comfy couches and flipped on a movie. I wasn't paying much attention to it, so I was surprised to wake up and hear the Joker's voice. I didn't get up off the couch, or even move a little.

"I told you, I don't want you to talk to me anymore." He was calm, and his voice was his 'normal voice.' He used that voice when he talked to me. I could tell he was on a phone, I could hear a female voice in the background. "I don't care, I never cared." There was a long pause. "There's someone else, Harley... Yes, her."

I opened my eyes and saw the Joker in one of the couches near the wall. He was leaning on his knees with his elbows, his head down. His makeup was nearly all off, and his hair was a mess from the night before. I snapped my eyes shut and listened more. "Harley, listen. I know that you're with him, and I'm not going to do anything about it. You just need to stop. I'm over you, and I love her, not you."

I held back a gasp when the infamous 'L' word came in to play. I stirred, faking waking up and glancing at the Joker. He was closing the phone, so I put on a questioning look and ventured a question. "Who were you talking to?"

"Doug was looking for some new people, just some of them." He didn't hesitate, but I wasn't surprised, he was so used to lying it never phased him.

I nodded, getting up. The Joker looked me up and down as I moved to his couch and sat next to him. "Are they gonna work?"

He nodded and sighed. "I wanna go somewhere."

"Where?" I asked, looking up from the paper. I had a bet with Doug that the Joker and I would be in the paper less than 10 times in a week. He was winning so far.

"Let's crash a party."
♠ ♠ ♠
OH MAH GAWD.
It's been forever.

I'm sorry this is so short, but I wrote it and this one originally together, but broke them up because it was long as fuck. (I just realized the irony as that saying.)

Well, I feel like writing, but I have finals to study for. Tomorrow will be easy as fuck. (Haha... more irony.)
I got all the bad ones out of the way today.

Well, I'm gonna update with a journal, so if you'd read that, it'd be sweet.