To the Point of Obsession

I'd like to know what's going on

"Wake up."

I mumbled something I didn't even understand and tossed around in the bed.

"I said, wake up," the voice repeated again.

"No," I once again said, turning the other way. I didn't remember why, but something told me I was mad at someone.

"Joker says if you don't wake up than he'll come in and get you," he says, shoving me.

I opened my eyes a little and saw someone I didn't recognize. "Well what do you want, freak?" I asked, moving enough to be on the other side of my bed and my back to him.

"Joker also said that he had some clothes laid out for you… for the date tonight."

I looked at him, remembering why and who I was mad at. "Well you can tell the Joker," I spat, venom tracing my words, "that if he wants me to go on the date so bad he can go himself." I noticed the guy twitching away from me.

"Okay," he mumbled turning and nearly running to the door.

I got up and looked for the clothes, finding a blue-teal zebra print top and a black tank top. Underneath it was a black pencil skirt. I rolled my eyes when I lifted it and saw a Victoria's Secret thong set.

"Like it?" the Joker's voice crooned from the door.

I turned, grabbing the tank top and throwing it on. I also pulled on the skirt, grabbing the rest of the outfit and tried to sneak past him to get to the shower. "Move," I said when he stepped in front of the door.

"Say please."

I glared and tried to sneak past him under his arm, but he caught me and pinned me to the door frame. "Let go of me."

"This is a very promising position for you, Doll."

"You mean for you?" I spat, looking away. "Can I go take a shower so I can at least go play spy for you?"

He looked at me, letting go of my arm for a second to scratch his green hair. "I don't know." He looked at me again, a weird glint in his eyes. "Maybe if you—"

I cut him off by kissing him, which surprised him enough to make him let go of me. As soon as the cuff-like hands were off me, I stopped and pushed past him and went to the bathroom, locking the door behind me.

I showered and put on the outfit, finding it actually nice. I got pulled my hair into a bun and unlocked and opened the door, jumping back in surprise. "What the fuck?" I called to the Joker, who was picking the lock. "If you wanted in, you could have asked."

"I doubt you would have opened the door."

"What did you want?" I growled.

"I needed to tell you that he's expecting you at his place at 7:00." He looked at his watch on his wrist. He gave me a piece of paper with an address on it. I assumed it was his place. "You want one of us to drive you?" he asked sincerely. "So you don't have to go back to his house?"

"No, I'll be fine," I said, walking past him to the room, where I grabbed some zebra print shoes and the wig. I got the keys to the car off the bed stand and walked out the door. "It won't be any worse than what you've done," I added, walking past the other clowns in the living room.

Bruce Wayne lived in a penthouse on the other side of town. When I walked to the building, I was met by an elderly gentleman. "You must be Delilah," he greeted when I had his attention. "Bruce wanted me to meet you before I left."

"That was nice of him," I mused, biting my lip.

"My name is Alfred," he said, holding out his hand. I grasped it and shook it, avoiding his eyes. He looked to nice to be involved with anything.

"Well, I better not keep you or Bruce waiting," I said, edging to the elevator. "It was nice to meet you."

"Likewise, Delilah," he said, walking out the door. I went to the elevator, my stomach twisting uncomfortably. I reached the top floor, where I was greeted by Bruce.

"Hi," I said as he smiled at me. "Sorry I didn't pick up, I was sleeping," I added.

"No problem. I told your brother that tonight is the best night for me, and he told me he'd tell you."

"Yeah, he did," I said, figuring my 'brother' was the Joker.

"Sorry, but we're going to have to leave now if we want to make the reservations."

"Wait, I'm supposed to be taking you out, Mr." I glanced over at him as he blushed.

"I won't go out on a first date with a girl paying the bill," he said, walking back into the elevator. "That isn't very gentlemanly."

"Yeah, I guess I'll have to pay you back somehow," I smiled, praying he wouldn't think like the Joker would have.

"I'll hold you to that, hun," he smiled, taking my hand and leading me to his Lamborghini.

My stomach jumped at the word 'hun.' For some reason, the name frightened me, more than anything anyone had done. The way he looked at me, I felt terrible. "So, where are we going?"

He said some high class Italian restaurant. "You like Italian, right?"

I nodded, looking out the window.

Bruce grabbed my hand, drawing my attention to him. "Tell me about yourself."

"Um," I stuttered and blushed. "I'm twenty-four."

He laughed. "You don't like attention do you?"

"Not particularly. I was born in Napa, California. And I moved here when I was twenty-two."

"Why would you move here?" he playfully asked.

"I'm still figuring it out," I said. "Ask me a question and I'll answer it, but I'm not an entertaining person. I swear that's like all I have."

He pulled into the Italian restaurant and went around to open my door. "What's your job?" he asked, offering me his arm.

I awkwardly took it and said, "I um," I coughed, "well, it depends on the day really, but I help around my friend Danni's shop."

"What does she do?" he asked, ignoring my hesitance.

"She has a beauty parlor. I sometimes work at the cashier."

He nodded and said his name to the Hostess, who nodded in realization. He followed her, my arm still linked into his. "Are you sure about what you want in your life?" he asked, pulling my chair out before I sat down.

"I'm not sure; I don't think I'm old enough to understand what I want yet. But enough about me, what about you?" I asked, drawing my attention away from me. I only half listened as he told me about himself. Even though I tried not to think about it, Bruce's personality drew everyone's attention to him.

"I'm tired of talking about myself," he said after being asked more about himself.

"Well, I don't like being the center of attention," I smiled, picking at the Italian Seafood Pasta dish. "I'm not an actress for a reason, Bruce. I'd rather be behind the scenes."

"Really?" he asked, taking my hand. "That beautiful face of yours shouldn't always be hidden. You look more of a movie star to me."

I blushed self consciously. He was making me feel like a little school girl, and it made me want to vomit. "I don't think you know what you're talking about." I looked at one of the TV's on the wall and dropped my jaw.

Bruce turned to look at it and had the same reaction I did. The Joker was on the television, a fake Batman with him. The sound was off, but I had a general idea of what he wanted.

"Is he being serious?" he asked a grim look on his face. I almost smiled at the irony of his question.

"He's crazy," I muttered, taking another bite of my food.

"I'll be right back," Bruce said, looking at the TV once more, getting up and asking the waitress something.

When he came back, I had finished my food and ignored the Joker's TV appearance. He wasn't going to ruin my evening with things that he'd be able to bother me with in a few hours.

"What was that about?" I asked politely as he took my arm and put a bill on the table.

"Just wondering if I could find out what the tape said. If might be helpful."

I nodded. "Thank you for the dinner and company, Bruce."

"Thank you for allowing me to take you. I had a good time." He leaned over from the driver's side of the car, kissing me on the lips. I kissed him back, sighing when he pulled away. "Back to my place?" he asked, keeping his face next to mine.

I bit my lip, but turned and smiled at him. "Yeah."

The drive to his house was silent, but comfortable. When he pulled up to the valet, he let me out and grabbed my hand, practically jogging to the elevator. When we got to the elevator, his lips were on mine before the doors could close. I wasn't sure if I liked that or if it made me uncomfortable. Once the elevator stopped and we got out to his house, I decided that I liked it.

I woke up in the middle of the night, only a sheet covering my body. I shook my head and got up. I put on the clothes, then looked for paper. I found some and wrote a note telling him I had to get home to Britney and that I had a wonderful time. I found a pin and pinned it to the pillow next to Bruce's sleeping head and walked out the door, going to my car and heading to the warehouse.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yum, Bruce Wayne.

XD

COMMENT!
And I got 7 stars, I love you guys.
:D