To the Point of Obsession

Just another modern swinger,

I got to the warehouse just as my phone read 2:30. I walked in, finding Doug sitting on the couch, some TV show on. "Hi," I smiled at him, taking off my wig that had, surprisingly stayed on through the night.

"J got worried."

"I don't want to talk about him. I'm pissed at him. But I had a great time, thanks for asking," I said, walking to the Joker and I's room. When I got in, I saw the Joker sleeping. I changed out of my clothes and into a T shirt. I got into bed, nearly screaming when the Joker was staring at me. "Goddamit."

"It's nice to see you too," he smiled, looking up. "Did you have a productive evening?"

"Define productive?"

"Did you remember what I told you?" he asked as he got up, looking at me.

I stood up as well and bit my lip. "Well I was thinking about you…"

He laughed. "While you were fucking him? Wow, you're real loyal." He came around the bed so he was in front of me. "I thought that the real meaning of me telling you that was to make you not do anything." He licked his lips, looking away. "But that is so like you. Sleeping with him on the first date? Good luck getting to the party now, I bet he didn't even like you." He stopped to examine the damage he was giving. "All you are is a piece of ass. I didn't want you to get hurt, I do care about you."

"So you hurt me yourself?" I hid any hurt feelings with anger. "He's not that terrible, and he already invited me to the party, thank you very much." I shoved him, only making him lose footing. I knew he could kill me, but I figured I might as well go all the way. I knew the hit was coming soon after I did it, but I was too upset to feel the blow. But I did hear the crack of skin against skin. I looked at him, and sat down on the bed.

"You thought about me?" he asked, moving to his side of the bed. I watched him sit down, then I sat too.

"I was wondering how you were going to execute me," I said, looking at him. He was actually less angry than I thought he would be.

"So, you did sleep with him?" he asked, turning around so his back was to me.

"Yes."

"Do you like him better than me?" he asked, softening his voice.

"I can't tell. But J, I don't think I want anything other than a job with you. No offense."

"None taken," he mumbled.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked after a few moments of silence. I was tired of staring at the back of his head.

"No."

"Then why did you –"

"Jealousy and anger are different, Doll," he said before I could finish.

"You're jealous?" I asked. "Of me or Bruce?"

"He's already stolen one girl I love, I'm not letting him take the other," he said after turning.

I sighed. "Jack-"

"I know you probably don't feel the same, but I don't care."

"You have no need to worry. You are both on opposite ends of the scale," I said, looking at him. "With him it was a job, with you it's a choice."

"Well, now that that's settled, who would you rather?" he asked, smiling.

"You." I said, getting closer to him and burrowing into his shirt. "Goodnight."

"Sweet dreams, love," he said, starting to hum something. I fell asleep, listening to him sing.

I woke up still in Jack's arms, the sunlight coming into the room. "Good morning," I said, seeing Jack awake. "Oh… what was with the video last night?" I asked, sitting up.

"Preparing Gotham for tonight."

"But…" I hesitated, thinking he would be mad at me for voicing my thought. "You already know who Batman is."

"I only assume."

"You know what happens when you assume, J," I smiled.

"Which is why I need proof." He stayed quiet for a second, then asked, "Did you see a girl… at Bruce's place?"

"Huh?"

"A girl with wavy blond hair?"

"No, I don't think. Why?" I asked, confused.

"Harley stayed with Wayne… Batman. So, I have come to the conclusion Batman is Bruce Wayne."

I dropped my jaw in realization. "She's not dead?!"

"No, darlin'. She stayed with Wayne…" he fully laughed, throwing his head back. "You thought she was dead?" he asked.

"To be honest, yes. I figured that Batman killed her… I guess I was wrong." I thought for a minute, Jack watching my every move. "She's still with him? And he slept with me?" I fumed, getting up. "Oh well, I'm not bothered by it because he's a whore, and so is she. And I don't like either of them."

The Joker laughed again, kissing my head. "If they're still together, (they were a few days ago,) then she may be at the party."

"Can I kill her?" I asked. I didn't really have a reason, but I had a feeling that if she was alive, she'd give me one.

He laughed, but was cut off by my phone ringing. I looked at the number and saw that it was Bruce's. "Hello?"

"Hey, babe."

Jack grabbed my hand and linked my fingers with his. "I had a good time last night."

"Me, too. I was calling about that party. It's tonight, and I was just reminding you. It's semiformal dress, so look nice."

I rolled my eyes, but said, "Yeah. I will. At your place at what time?"

"Eight."

"I'll be there."

"Oh, Delilah, one thing?" he asked, sounding nervous. "My friend Harleen Quinzel is in town, and I was wondering if you'd be offended if she came."

"It's fine," I said, looking at Jack. His face got hard, and he was squeezing my hand rather than holding.

"You're not jealous?"

"Should I be?" I asked.

"No, I don’t think so," he said. "Well, I'll let you go. I'll see you around eight."

"Of course."

"Bye, love."

"I'll see you tonight," I said, biting my lip.

When I hung up, I glanced towards Jack. "Uh, Harleen Quinzel and Harley Quinn aren't related… are they?" I asked, giving him a half smile.

He rolled his eyes and got up. "When you get to the party, I want you to wait until it's clear and most people are drunk. Then you can text Doug, who will tell me. Got it?"

I nodded, laying back on the bed. "So… this Harleen is really Harley."

"I want you kids to play nice," he said, walking out the door. When he continued talking I jumped up and followed him. "There must be a reason he's bringing her into this, and I want to know what it is."

"So, I can't kill her?" I begged, following Jack into the kitchen.

"I'll see you at the party," he said, kissing me once and walking out the door.

I walked into Bruce Wayne's building, wearing a burgundy dress and gold heels. I nervously scratched my head, immediately stopping and fixing my done up hair. I had curled the wig, and bobby-pinned some pieces to make it look more dressy.

I got to the elevator and pressed the 'up' button. Before the doors could close, a pale, blonde lady slipped through. She went to push the penthouse button, but saw it was already lit up.

"You must be Delilah," she said, looking towards me.

"Yes," I said, knowing who she was. "You're Harleen?"
"None other."

I looked at her, finding her to be a lot more attractive than me. Her white dress showed more cleavage than I thought the skinny girl could produce, and her face was well shaped.

She looked over and examined me, smiling. "I like your hair," she smiled. It was clear she didn't know anything other than I was Bruce's other date.

I smiled, looking at the doors. They opened, and I walked out, glancing into the living room. I saw Alfred, who smiled at me. "Hello Delilah," he smiled. "Back for more, eh?"

"Sure, Alfred," I said, sitting down on one of the couches. Alfred to Harleen and started talking to her, but after a few minutes, I saw Bruce walk in.

He smiled at me and kissed me once. "You met Harley?" he asked, making my stomach twist.

"Yeah, we came up together."

"She didn't scare you?"

"I'm offended," I said. "It takes more than a blond in heels to scare me, Bruce."

"That's good." He examined my outfit and smiled. "I like it," he smiled.

"Oh, Bruce!" Harleen looked over and ran over to Bruce, engulfing him in a kiss. I awkwardly stood by him. "It's been so long!" she hugged him again, then looked at me. "Oh… my bad. He's yours, right?" she smiled.

"I'm not the jealous type," I said quickly. I glanced at Bruce.

"Well, let's go if we want to be late," Bruce said, after coughing awkwardly.

"Late?"

"You can't be on time to your own party, silly," Bruce said, grabbing my hand and walking to the elevator. "We’re going to fly around a little, just so we can be late," he said. When he said fly, I thought about how Jack suspected him of being Batman.
I nodded and waited as we went to the airport, where Bruce's private helicopter was waiting
♠ ♠ ♠
GO CHECK OUT MY LIST OF STORIES ON MY PROFILE!
Especially NEVER SAY NEVER by Lily Loveless.
:D

COMMMENT! SUBSCRIBE!
(I can't believe I got 8 stars!)
You guys are amazing. I'm gonna make cookies for all of you.