To the Point of Obsession

You've got it so wrong

I stared at the big, medieval, gothic building in shock. "A church?!"

Jack laughed hysterically at me.

"This makes no sense."

"Exactly. None of us seem to be the religious type, so why waste your time by searching the Gotham City Churches?" he explained, leading me into the huge building. It had a name etched on the front of the concrete building, but years of wear and graffiti covered it and made the name unreadable. When I was a young girl, before my family fell apart we went to Catholic church. They even went as far as making me go to Catholic school, and it was about the same size as this church.

"Is this a school too?" I asked, walking beside him.

He raised an eyebrow at me. "How'd you know?"

"I went to Catholic school."

He laughed again. "Seriously?"

"No joke." I giggled slightly at the irony of our words.

"I can't picture you going to Catholic school," he admitted.

I stopped and stared at the sanctuary of the large house of worship. Too bad that the clowns had transformed it into a house of chaos. The pews were mostly torn up or damaged, and the carpet and wood floor were already stained. The stained glass windows were nearly all broken, but still let in rainbows of light on the filthy floor.

On the ceiling were about a dozen chandeliers. The actual ceiling was covered with little angels and clouds. The idea of someone like the Joker living here made me laugh.

"What?" Jack asked.

"The angels. It seems a little bit… girlie for you, Joke."

He rolled his eyes and grabbed my hand, dragging me off down a hallway. He stopped at one door and opened it. "This is mine," he said, letting me look inside it. It, obviously, previously was an office. The desk was pushed against the farthest wall, and a queen bed was sitting at the opposite wall. The walls were a crimson red, and the carpeting was a weird cream color. The bedspread was a white and black, with crimson pillows. Even though the room was crowded, it had a warm feeling.

"It's only yours?" I asked, looking at him.

"C'mere," he said, walking back down the hall. I followed him, confused.

We walked down the hall, where he opened the door and climbed up the flight of stairs to an open balcony area. We were just above the pulpit, and stained glass windows followed the balcony around all four sides. We walked to the opposite end, and I stopped to stare at the amazing pipe organ until Jack dragged me on. We went around the organ to another flight of stairs. They were spiral and went right into the floor to the room. I looked at Jack with another look of confusion.

"This was Harley's room," he said, looking at me. "We redid and all."

The walls were a hot pink, but it had yellow, green and blue splatters on it. I looked around, and looked back at Jack. In the corner was a small bed, across from a twin sized bed. "What's this for?" I asked, acknowledging the child bed.

"I was thinking that if you wanted to bring your kid here," he scratched his head and avoided my eyes. "I know you miss her."

I stared at him for a good ten seconds before I realized my jaw was halfway to the floor. I closed it and jumped into him, taking him by surprise. "You'd let her stay here?" I asked into his neck. I felt him chuckle.

"I love you," he said. "Of course your daughter can stay here."

I kissed him, taking his unpainted face in my hands, standing on my tiptoes to reach him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay!

I'm totally rushing to get this out.
But we got snow!
I'm gonna go make a snow man.
:D