To the Point of Obsession

Bank Heist.

[Dahlia's POV.]
"Hands up! Face down!" one clown yelled, holding a gun at the tellers. There were screams, and some people running.

I looked at the clowns; they had more than enough help to put the bombs in people's hands. Anyways, I didn't have a gun. One clown went in the back, and when I looked at the Joker, he nodded and I went off behind him.

"What's the broad doing?" The clown from the roof asked when I walked in.

"Boss said I had to watch you two. 'Fraid you might steal from him." I looked at them both, and I saw fear in the little eyeholes in both masks. They stared at me, not moving. "Well? Are you going to get the vault open, or will I have to slam your bodies into it until it opens up?" I asked my voice preppy and calm.

One of them frantically started opening the vault, and the other asked, "Where's the other guy?"

"Boss told me to get rid of him after the job was done," the clown said casually. "Hey, one less share, right?" he joked, looking at the other clown.

"Funny," the clown that I followed said, "I was told something similar." He took out the gun and shot the screaming clown before I could look back from the door.

He pushed the clown away and walked into the vault. He whistled and looked around. "That's a lot of money," he said, more to himself than me.

"Yeah, well load it up, we don't have all day." I looked around, there were trays full of money, and safes full of God knows what. The clown shrugged and grabbed a few duffle bags, running in and stuffing them to the brim. I watched, not about to help him.

Once he got a good seven bags filled, he grabbed a few, then turned to me, asking, "You gonna take a few, baby?"

I growled at the name, but nodded, grabbing some as well. When we got to the lobby, all the customers were down, and the Joker was waiting for us. There was an unconscious man on the floor, with a gun in his hand.

"Have any trouble?" I asked him, looking at the man.

"None at all," he said. His voice wasn't its normal weez; it was actually… human-like.

"Geez," the only remaining clown said, looking at the money. "If the Joker would have known better, he would've brought a bigger van." He paused, then pointed his gun at us. "The Joker told you to kill me, didn't he?"

I glanced at The Joker, who said, "No, no, no, no, he told the bus driver."

"Bus driver?"

The Joker walked in a circle, reminding me of a lion waiting to kill its prey. Suddenly, a bus backed through the wall, straight into the clown. The bus door opened, and a clown emerged, grabbing some bags of money. When he was done, he said, "That guys not getting up, is he? Hey, where's the rest of the guys?"

Without even looking, the Joker shot him a few times. I smirked at his talent with a gun.

"The criminals used to stand for something," someone yelled "They used to believe in honor, and respect!" I looked back and saw the unconscious guy. "What do you believe in?"

The Joker walked over, looking down at him. "I believe… what doesn't kill you simply makes you," he stuffed a bomb in his mouth, and then tore off his mask. "Stranger."

He stalked off to the bus, dragging me with him. When he got in, he went to the front and drove out the same way the bus had entered.

He was laughing manically the whole way to the warehouse. It was definitely creeping me out. I didn't think the heist went that well.

"So, can you take me home, Joke?" I asked from the second seat, looking out from the
window.

"After a while. We can go to the warehouse first."

I frowned, but nodded, looking back out the window. "Why haven't the police caught you?"

He looked at me like I was crazy. "Because I'm me. They can't catch me, and even if they did, I'd be out in less than forty-eight hours, I can guarantee that. I don't belong in a cage, if I did, I'd paint myself like a bird, or something."

I looked at him skeptically, and then looked at the warehouse. "You have all this money, and you live in a fucking warehouse. You could easily retire now, why not?"

"Because… that's what's expected." He got out, grabbing a few bags. I grabbed some, and then followed him in.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote a new story. It's a dream I had, and it's a oneshot.

READ IT!!!