Status: Slowing updating

Wreckage From the Past Haunts Me; Shakes Me to the Bone

Chapter 4: Two Types Of Families

Jimmy's P.O.V
I smiled as I finished the finishing touches in Trista's room. Within the last two weeks we had painted and redecorated Tegan's room and Aidyn's room to fit them more. I pulled the comforter corner down on the right side like she likes it. What growing up with her made me find out odd facts like that. I moved Aidyn's cradle closer to her bed before walking back out of her room and down stairs to wait for them to get home. I was quietly bouncing my knee up and down, which I do when I'm impatient. The girls had left after I kicked the out for starting a paint fight, Brian had left to go help Brittany "wash" up. Zacky was at the hospital with Tegan getting her wrist checked out. Johnny and Nikki were at the store picking up a few last minute things for the BBQ tonight and Matt and Jocelyn left to go pick up Trista.

I sighed again and grabbed the remote finding some show about vampires on the history channel. They were talking about how this lady, who was born into nobility and her husband was famous for defending Hungary or some country, thought that bathing in virgin blood would keep her looking young. I was even more amazed when they said she had done it for 25 years and everyone just let her just because her husband was famous and she was this high powered chick. I guess power does rule over every thing else. I mean she got a way with killing 650 girls. I heard Aidyn start to fuss over the baby monitor. I smiled slightly. I hadn't heard a baby cry since . . . no I won't think of it. I let out a sigh and waited for him to start fulling crying to make sure he didn't just go back to sleep. After a few minutes he finally started to go on to a full on wail. I chuckled slightly before getting up and walking into his room where I could see his little arms swinging around. I walked over and picked him up.

"What's the matter little guy?" I asked bouncing him slightly. I checked his diaper to make sure he didn't need a new one. He was a little wet, but not enough for a change. I frowned slightly as I continued to bounce him. He reached up and grabbed a hold of my cross which made my head go down.

"Do you like my cross little one?" I asked making him giggle. I laughed before I felt his grip loosen, "You have uncle Matt's strength." I walked around the room for a few minutes before I realized he hadn't had a bath today. I looked down to see he was asleep. I wonder if I can bath him while he's sleeping? Well I'm gonna try! I set him in his crib before grabbing his soap and a towel. I took those to the bathroom and got his little bath before picking him up again and walking into the bathroom as well. I undressed him and se him in the warm bath before grabbing the sponge and wetting his hair. I kept my arm behind him to hold him up as I rubbed in the soap and rinsed it out. He slept through his bath without even whining. Once I got him dressed I walked back into his room and set him back into the crib. I smiled before walking out of the room and to the top of the stairs. As if on cue I heard that same crying I've heard for the last two weeks. I chuckled slightly before walking back into his room and picking him up again. I think that is the only crying kid I could listen to for hours and to not get mad. I just hope he doesn't cry for hours though.

"You have good timing." I said as I walked over to the chair and sat down as I rocked him back and forth. I know now that he won't fall asleep unless you have him pressed against your chest so I moved him and wrapped my arms around him slightly before moving so my head was resting against the seat of the chair. Realizing how uncomfortable I was I got up and walked into my room and turned on the TV being careful not to drop Aidyn. I pulled back the covers and crawled under neath before wrapping them around us. I yawn as I saw Empire Records through my heavy eyelids. I laughed quitely as I saw it was at the part where Lucas finds Warren shoplifting. That's the last thing I saw before I fell asleep.

Trista's P.O.V

"Come on sis. Home sweet home!" Matt said as he got out of the car and helped me. I sighed. I really didn't want to get up, but man I was looking foward to holding my baby boy and sleeping in a normal bed. I have crutches, but if the pain is too bad or I just can't walk around because my knee is locked up I have a tempory wheelchair. I found out that at times my knee will completely lock up and I can't move it. It's not fun. Matt helped me out of the car and grabbed my crutch before handing them to me.

"You're going straight to bed young lady!" Jocelyn said with that mothering tone.

"Awww but I don't wanna!" I replied acting like the five year old. We both started laughing as we walked closer to the house. Me going extremly slow! Man did it suck. I felt even worse when Matt walked up behind me adn helped me go faster. Not in an impatient way, just knowing how bad I was feeling about holding them up. When we got inside I smiled. This was home. Not my old house. Not where I grew up. My older brother's home. The place I feel the safest. As soon as walked into the house I was hit with a wave of exhaustion. I walked over to the couch before laying down on it and closing my eyes.

"I'll go check on Aidyn and Jimmy." I heard Jocie say before light footsteps disappearing up the stairs.
"You have a room step up if you want." Matt whispered. I just shook my head as I let sleep come over me. I felt my head before a pillow was placed under it. I smiled as I felt someone place a kiss on my forehead. There wasn't any peircings so it was either Brian or Johnny.

"Welcome home dead girl." I heard Johnny say softly. I giggled inward. He's called me dead girl for as long as I can remember ever since the song 'Living Dead Girl' by Rob Zombie came out. I was obsessed with that song. My knee was starting to hurt more and more. Right now I can deal with it, but I don't know how much long I can. See I'm extremely stubborn. The longer I can go without pain medication the better.

"Johnny?" I asked just as softly after hearing him move away.

"What do you need sweetie?"

"My knee hurts." I said as I sighed. Man this really does suck. I don't know if I'm gonna be able to live this for too long. The doctor said it's because the screws are new and I'm not used to them yet. Hopeful he's right because this is the worst pain I've felt, well except Aidyn.

"Did you take anything for your knee before you left the hospital?" He asked running his fingers lightly through my hair. I shook my head.

"Matt bring me Tris' Vicodin!" Johnny yelled making me flinch. Not because of the tone, but it was right in my ear.

"Ow!" I said as covered my ear.

"Sorry."

"I thought you took them at the hospital?" Matt said as he walked in with a can and my pills.

"Nope she didn't and her knee hurts." He answered for me. I know I was gonna get yelled at for not takign them, but all well.

"I thought the nurse watched you take them. I told her she had to stay because you're so stubborn." Matt said he was clearly pissed. Johnny grabbed my pill out of the bottle and helped me get up before he handed me it and a can of Mucho Mango Arizona Ice Tea. I took a drink of the tea, but didn't take the pill.

"You need to take it Dead Girl."

"I know." I said as I swallowed the pill. I laid back down and closed my eyes once more. I felt someone pick up my head and place it into there lap.

"You were taking up all of the couch." I heard Johnny say before TV was turned on and I heard the faint voices of 30 Days Of Night before I was consomed in nothing but darkness.

I woke up a little while later to see that I was alone. A pillow was under my head, and my knee was proped up on a few pillows. I got up to see that no one was in the house or in the living room. I got up and hobbled over to the kitchen seeing as my Ice Tea was no longer in the living room. I opened the refridgerator and pulled out my Ice Tea and took the longest drink I have in a while. I felt my stomach growl and decided that right now it would be good to make something to eat. I need somehting easy to make. Nothing that would take two hands. I couldn't find anything I wanted nor could make. I shook my head before walking back out to the living room where I spotted a note hanging off the radio.

Trista-
Figured this would catch your eyes. Everyone except Jimmy went home for a bit. I had to run down town. Tegan's with me and Zacky so we'll see you when we get back. If you can get upstairs the thrid door on the right is your. It's next to Jimmy's room.
-Matt.


I know what you're thinking. Jimmy's room? Well let's just say there are time when Jimmy can't get up let alone walk two houses down to his own house. I looked up at the stairs. I'm gonna do it. I slowly stepped up one step holding on to the rail before taking another. It's not too bad so far. I slowly climbed the stairs until I reached the top. I cheered quitely as I walked over to the thrid door. I opened the door to be expecting it to be just the plain guest room he alway has, but I was amazed when I saw my perfect room. I gasped. It was perfect. The walls were a dark red and black. This was my favorite room when I came over her. My floors were still my hardwood and a California King was placed in the middle. I looked over at the wall above my dresser to see that sayings were wrtten on the walls. The hand writing was messy and easily recognizable. It was Jimmy's. I read each one. There was things like "A bad beginning may make a good ending." and "There are two types of families. The ones you were born with and the one you choose.", "That feeling isn't fear, it's just telling you to MOVE!!" and "Believe you can and you're halfway there." Some of my favorite quotes. The First one was a German Saying. The second was from an episode of Army Wives, third was from Rancid, and the last was from Roosevelt. I smiled and walked back out of my room and into the room next to mine where I knew Jimmy was.

I knocked on the door and waited. When I didn't get a responce I opened the door slighlty to see Jimmy laying on his back with Aidyn sleeping soundly on his chest. I smiled. That's the type of guy I want. One who will hold Aidyn and not throw a fit. One who will take care of him. One that I feel safe with. I smiled and closed the door again before I started to walk back down stairs.

"Tris?"

"Yeah Jimmy?" I asked as I stopped already two steps down.

"You ok?"

"Yeah. I was just going back down stairs to watch some TV." I said weakly.

"Come on. You haven't seen your son in a while." He said as he walked down and picked me up before walking back to his room and setting me on the other side of the bed with my back against the head board. He had placed Aidyn in the middle of the bed with two pillows on both side of him. I smiled down as he walked back over to the other side and layed down. He picked up Aidyn and placed him in my arms being careful of my cast. I smiled down at my baby boy. The one that has the messed up life and he's only 3 months.

"He's ok." Jimmy said noticing the tear that had fallen, "I didn't let anyone else have their hands on him." I laughed slightly before looking down at Aidyn.

"He seems so peaceful. He has your cross in his hand." I said as I looked at Jimmy.

"He likes it." I smiled and kissed Jimmy softly on the lips before kissing Aidyn's forehead. Jimmy looked a little shocked before he smiled.

"Thank You so much. For my room, taking care of Aidyn. Just thank you." I said as more tears fell from my eyes.

"It's ok. It was awesome. Although I had to send the girls home from getting into a paint fight, but I'll tell you about that later, but for now what's on your mind?"

"Just question after question."

"Like what?"

"What would have happened if you guys hadn’t had gotten there? What would he have done to Aidyn? Or Tegan? Just questions." I said as he wrapped his arms around me, "The last thing I remember was pulling him off the crib with Tegan and then i slightly remember you picking me up and kicking Brandn in the head. Thank you." I said as more tears ran down my face. Carefully I placed my head into the crook of his neck and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me and Aidyn and rocked me back and forth slightly as he rubbed my back. He kissed my head before resting his head on mine. He laid us down with Aidyn on his chest and my head on his shoulder as my eyes closed for the second time today.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it was so long!
Thanks to the people who commented and for Lost Cause go read her story Under My Skin.
It's awesomeness!
Read LaurenXPlague stories too! These are both really talented writers! Read them or Rev will come to your house and tie you up! Oh wait you might like that....hehe you know I want to see if anyone actually reads this. If you do I want you to give me one fact about Avenged Sevenfold in your comment! Sorry I've always wondered if anyone reads this.

http://i26.tinypic.com/aw8iv4.jpg (Tegan's Room)
http://i34.tinypic.com/21a07j9.jpg (Aidyn's room)
http://i34.tinypic.com/r7t8gl.jpg (Trista's room)