Status: Slowing updating

Wreckage From the Past Haunts Me; Shakes Me to the Bone

Chapter 40: Zacky Vengeacnce the Romantic

**by Tara**

"Are you still laughing about Bam?" Zacky asked as he looked over at me. I forced my lips to close, but a smile still made my cheeks ache.

"Did you see his face?" I asked, and the laughter started again. I knew that I should be tired, but I was too hyped up on coke (the legal kind!) to keep my eyes closed for any longer than the occasional blink.

"I don't think I'll ever forget it. I'm surprised he didn't try to kill you," Zacky said, still looking straight ahead. We had just left everyone, and we were now off on our own adventure! Well, it might not have been a real adventure, but it was to me since Zacky refused to tell me where we headed.

"He knew he had it coming. No one messes with my man," I said and laced my fingers through his. Zacky raised our entwined fingers and brushed his lips across my knuckles.

"I thought you liked playing nurse?" Zacky asked, a wicked gleam in his green eyes.

"I do, but only with conscious patients," I said and smiled over at him.

"You, Tegan Sanders, are extremely crazy, and I love you," Zacky said, flashing his eyes at me again.

"I love you too!" I yelled. I jumped across the middle and threw my arms around his neck, causing us to serve slightly on the nearly empty highway. I placed a big kiss on his cheek and then fell back into my seat. I heard Zacky muttering lightly under his breath, and I smiled. I leaned my head back against the seat and let my eyes close. I could save all my energy for now and just...rest. Trista must have been tired, because I yawned as soon as I got still. Zacky rubbed small circles on the back of my hand with his thumb, and I fell into a light sleep.

"Tegan, baby, wake up," a voice whispered.

"Mmm, five more minutes," I mumbled and turned my head away.

"Tegan, come on, baby, wake up," they said again.

"Five minutes and I'll move," I said.
"It's high school all over again." This time I recognized Zacky's voice. I turned my head back around and puckered my lips. When I didn't feel anything, I opened my eyes.

"What? You said it was like high school, and I can still remember how you used to wake me up," I said and smiled. Zacky rolled his eyes and grabbed my hand. I slipped out of the car, mumbling and groaning the entire time. I smoothed my tee shirt out, re-fluffed my hair, and finally lifted my head. My back pressed against the closed passenger door and Zacky's lips fell over mine in a rush, just like back in high school. Back when hormones were wild and it was impossible to take anything slow, until things got too far.

"Whoo, that was fun," I said after we finally parted. Zacky smiled at me, his snakebites shining in the pale moonlight. Oh, how I loved that man.

"Plenty more with that came from. Now come on! I've already put everything up, and you don't even know where we are yet," Zacky said, whining slightly at the end.

"You're cute when you whine," I said and kissed the tip of his nose.

"Can we go? Please?" Zacky asked.

"Yes, we can go, you silly little goose," I said. My earlier hyperness was returning, and I was ready to have some fun. Maybe Zacky would play tag with me. I wanted to play Duck-Duck-Goose, but that would have to wait for when the whole gang was back together.

"Okay, close your eyes," Zacky said and turned me around. One palm covered my eyes, and his other arm wrapped around my waist.

"What's the point of closing my eyes if you're going to cover them?" I asked as we started walking.

"No questions allowed," Zacky replied. I wiggled my toes and realized something was missing.

"Where are my shoes?" I asked. At least whatever I was walking on was soft.

"No questions allowed," Zacky repeated in my ear.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"Don't make me say it again, Tay," Zacky said. I mumbled something incoherent and paid attention to my surroundings. I was wearing a pair of jeans capris, and a light wind washed over my exposed calves. I felt grass under my toes, but I could smell the ocean. Then again, I always smelled the ocean because it reminded me of home.

"Okay, ready?" Zacky asked.

"Nope. I wanna stand here like this all night," I replied and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Ta-da!" Zacky yelled and pulled his hand away. I looked out in front of me, and tears pricked my eyes. There was a small, cozy house in front of us, complete with grass and a small little flowerbed. Out behind the house lay the ocean, waves moved gently and the moonlight made it all look like a dream.

"It's perfect!" I yelled and turned around. I jumped on Zacky, knocking both of us to the grass covered ground. My arms were locked around his neck, and I could feel him laughing under me. After a few minutes of possibly choking him, I stopped and just rested my head on his chest. His fingers moved up to play with my hair, and I tapped one finger in beat with his heart.

"It's beautiful," I whispered.

"It reminded me of you," Zacky whispered back. I leaned up to kiss him, and I felt all my energy drain away. I was tired, very tired.

"We should get inside," Zacky said. He didn't make a move, and neither did I.

"Do we have neighbors?" I asked.

"No, why?"

"Let's just stay here and sleep under the stars," I said.

"Tegan Sanders, poet," Zacky said.

"Zacky Vengeance, romantic," I countered.

"Under the stars it is," he whispered and tightened his grip around my hips. I closed my eyes and resumed my tapping. Everything was just...perfect.

**By Tara**
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok as you know I'm getting everyone in my story to write a chapter. So it's gonna take a little while to get everyone's out.

next one will either be Audrey's (Raynee), Jocie's, or my own.