Status: Active, if a pervious reader this is no longer a fan fic :)

Letters From a Stranger

Two.

The joys of being a teenager on a Friday night. Normal teenagers are out partying, and having fun, not me. My Fridays are always the same do the homework I've been given, have dinner with family, and last but not least convince John that I am only seventeen. He thinks that Randy is no good for his step-daughter, and that I deserve someone who can take care of me. So he tries to pawn me off to ever guy he meets. But I've already told this haven't I? Well it doesn't hurt to hear it twice. Right now it was 6:50pm and dinner would be ready soon, and I have yet to change. I sighed and put down my English homework and walked over to my closet. How important was this dinner? John didn't give me that information. I mean I can't possibly walk down to dinner in my school attar if it's formal. I decided it would be better to ask. I opened my door and walked to the beginning of the stairs.

"John?" I yelled.

"Yes Jamie." He yelled back. He was in his office that was located upstairs. It right next door to my room. As I walked down the hard wood floor, I noticed that my toenails had to be painted again. Knocking on the door that was cracked half way open, I waited for his approval to enter.

"Sorry to bug you I know you are working, but what kind of dinner is it? Is it formal, causal, semi-formal?" I asked, shifting weight from hip to hip. I slouched my back slightly as I began to toy with my hair.

"Don't slouch it's bad for your back. I would prefer for you to wear the blue halter dress your Mother bought for you. Now if you would close the door I have to get this report in." He said.

"John I don't know if you noticed but that blue dress sure does hang low. It shows way to much cleavage for a dinner at home. I was thinking of wearing my pink collared Hollister shirt, with my skirt." I said. I hated the blue dress from the bottom of my heart. He was thinking deeply about this. His brows were twisted in thought, he would bring his pen to his mouth and chew on the pen cap. What a nasty habit. He always told me that chewing on pen caps, nails, and things of such nature were bad for your teeth.

He ran a hand through his blond hair and sighed. "Your right Jamie that should be worn out tomorrow evening. You can wear what you want for tonight, thank you for bringing that to my attention. Oh and you better hurry dinner is going to start soon." He said.

"Yes sir. I'll change and meet you and Mom at the table."

"Jamie are you gaining weight?" I looked down at my stomach. It was still as flat as ever. My stomach was toned thanks to years of dance and cheer.

"I don't think so John."

He walked over to me and grabbed the little piece of meat on my side. Or has the world puts it a 'love handle'. "This right here Jamie says other wise, no wonder why you can't find a decent man. I'll tell your Mother to only serve the salad."

"But I haven't eaten at all today John this isn't fair. I have to eat." I complained.

"Well no man wants a fat girl Jamie. Now go change and apply some more make up." I stood there in the hall shocked as hell. I wasn't even fat! I never in my life broke 110, I've always weighed less. Thanks to John! He walked out of his office and walked right by me, looking at me in disgust. Finally I was able to move and I walked into my room and closed my door. This was always the time I wished my Father never left us.

===*===

After changing into my pink Hollister shirt and into my skirt. I heated up my curling iron while waiting for it to got hot enough, I grabbed my make up bag. Pulling out my massacre and blush. I applied a small amount of blush to my cheeks, and covered my eyelashes with the icky liquid known as massacre. I grabbed lip gloss and applied that to my lips. After fixing my make up to met John's requirements. I checked my curling iron and found it hot enough to work with. After curling my hair and pinning some of it back, letting fall around my face. I walked to my closet and looked for some shoes. I decided on some high heels and walked out of my room.

As I walked down the stairs I heard someone whistle from behind me. I quickly turned around and was face to face with the man John was trying to set me up with. "Hello I'm Jamie." I sighed. John always told me to introduce myself to someone of importance.

"Nice to meet you Jamie. I'm Josh." He said, sticking his hand out. I mirrored his action and stuck my hand out as well. We shook and walked down the stairs together, we reached the kitchen which Josh promptly pulled out my chair. Like any kind gentleman would do.

"Oh I see you two have already met." John said. I shook my head yes, before grabbing my fork. I poked around at the lettuce and finally decided that I had enough my fork before sticking it into my mouth. "So Josh would you say if I asked you to marry my daughter?" John joked. I nearly choked on my food as I began to cough John sent me the glare of a lifetime. See what I mean by trying to pawn me off.

"I'd say I love to sir." He said, he wasn't kidding.

"Oh well how about that. Jamie what do you say? Has of tonight you could become Mrs. Josh Henderson."

"May I be excised Mom?" I asked. She shook her head yes. I got up from the table and ran up the steps. I can not believe he just did that to me. I'm not even eighteen yet and he's trying to marry me off. God sometimes I wish that my Mom would tell me anything about my real Father.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?? I really like this story.