Status: Active, if a pervious reader this is no longer a fan fic :)

Letters From a Stranger

Five.

"He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do,"
I ran to my phone and picked it up.

"Hello." I said, going back to the bathroom.

"Hey Jamie." Randy said.

"Hey Randy. What do you need?" I asked, grabbing my tooth brush from the holder. I put my phone to my ear and used my shoulder to hold it, as I put the toothpaste on my tooth brush. I began to brush my teeth as I waited for Randy's answer.

"I was just wondering if you could forgive me? I mean it this time, I'm really sorry for blowing up on you." I spat out the toothpaste and sighed into the phone. Turning on the water and rinsing out my mouth, thinking long and hard. I made up my mind as I turned off the water and dried my hands.

"Yeah I forgive you." I said, turning off my light and walking out of the bathroom.

"Jamie your the best. Is your Mom taking you to school, or do you want me to pick you up?"

"You'd be the best boyfriend if you picked me up." I said, grabbing my cheer bag and regular book bag. Looking around my room and making sure everything was in order. I turned off my light and began to walk down the hall way.

"Alright I'll pick you up. I'll be outside of your house around 8." I looked down at my cheer bag and sighed.

"Randy I have to be at cheer practice at seven thirty. Besides don't you have to be at football practice?" Yeah we are kinda the all American teenage couple. I'm the head cheerleader, and Randy is the quarterback. It has it's ups and downs. Mostly it's ups.

"Oh that's right. Kay so I'll be there like in a couple minutes. Love you.

"Love you too." I hung up and walked into the kitchen. Grabbing myself an apple from the fridge, I heard John enter the kitchen. His shoes squeaked against the tile floor, as he walked over to the coffee maker. He groaned angrily as he realized it was empty. I knew I would hear the raft, but lucky for me I was saved by the sound of my phone. "He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar,"

"Hey you here?" I answered.

"Yeah."

"Do you want an apple or anything?" I asked, earing myself a glare from John.

"Nah I'm good. I just want you." I giggled and blushed.

"Alright. Well I'll be out there in a minute." I said, hanging up the phone.

"I'll see you later John." I said.

"Alright Jamie. Love ya." It was something I've grown used to. He's always treated me like I was one of his kids, so getting an I love you was a daily thing. Something I never minded. I know I complain and say I hate the man, and he's such an ass. But that doesn't mean I can't be nice to the man.

"Love ya too." I said. I walked out of the house and saw Randy's truck sitting in the drive way.

I waved to him as I walked down the driveway and towards his truck. Once I got to his car you could hear the music blasting through the speakers, and polluting the world with such a noise. Randy was into the rock scene, me not so much. I'm more into the country scene more like my Mom was. John always told me it was better to listen to classical music, so I listen to that too. I rolled my eyes before I opened the door and got in his car. He reached over to the radio and changed the station to a country one. I smiled at him and thanked him.

"Really though you should get into this rock music babe. It calms you down a lot." He said, as we pulled out of the drive way.

"I'm not to sure. John said that music makes you really stupid. No offense Randy." I added quickly. Randy wasn't the average jock, he was more into his studies and passing than parties. He wanted to go to a good college and get into the medical field, he wanted to be a doctor. He was on the 'A' honor role, and was very smart.

"Baby I listen to this music, and I've never failed a grade in my life. The lowest grade I've ever gotten would be a 80 and that's because I had missed a day. I'm not some stupid pothead, and dumb kid. John doesn't know what he is talking about half the time anyways." He said.

After that we stayed quiet listening to what ever songs the radio was playing. Randy was right though, he had never failed a grade in his life. His GPA was 97.7 which is very good. I mean if Randy can listen to this music and still be this smart, then surely I can too.

===*===
Later that day.

"Jamie come on you have to go with me."

"I don't know Randy what if my Mom wakes up. Then what I'll be fucked and no way will I ever be trusted again."

"Please Jam! Please I'll never ask you for anything ever again, please!" I blushed and switched the phone to my other ear. We had been at this conversation since he called. Which was at seven-thirty.

"Randy I can't."

"Oh come on Jamie live your life. Don't be scared of what John says, don't worry about your Mom. Please! It would totally be awesome to take my girlfriend to go see my favorite band. Jamie I promise if you don't like it after the first song we can leave. Pleeeeeease!"

I giggled and shook my head yes, even though he couldn't see. "Yes I'll go. What should I wear?" I asked. I never been to a rock concert before. I don't even think my wardrobe holds anything 'punkish'. John would never let me buy anything like that. He said people who had clothes like that had no future.

"Your skinny jeans, and a plain t-shirt. Any color it doesn't matter, they aren't going to judge you. They'll accept anyone as long you aren't closed minded." He said. What did he mean by 'closed minded'? I got up from my bed and tip-toed over to my closet and grabbed my skinny jeans, with a black tank-top. I've managed to hide from John and Mom. They hated the color black and always threw anything out that was black.

"What do you mean by close minded?" I asked, taking off my pj bottoms.

"Are you against the gays?"

"Hold on." I said. Putting my phone on my bed so I could change from my t-shirt to my tank-top. After throwing my pj's in my hamper I walked back to my phone.

"OK. No I'm not against the gays, you know that Randy." I said, looking my closet for shoes.

"I know babe."

"Hey how should I wear my hair? And what shoes should I wear?"

"You can wear your hair down if you want. And your shoes you should wear the converse."

"Alright thank you. What time are you going to be here?" I asked, putting on my converse.

"I'm on my way right now. I'll see you in a couple of minutes." He hung up and I threw my phone into my pocket. Walking into my bathroom I grabbed my eyeliner and put some on. Lining my hazel eyes with the black crayon I nearly poked my eye twice, I was shaking so bad. I was so nervous that my parents would wake up, and see that I was missing.

I put on a little foundation and some massacre. After looking at myself in the mirror I deemed myself good, and walked back into my room. Awaiting the call so I could, for the first time in my life, sneak out. My phone beeped indicating I had a text. I pulled it out of my pocket and my heart beat increased.

Im here. I stuffed the phone back into my pocket and walked over to my door. No way was I climbing out my window. Tip-toeing down the stairs and past Josh who was sleeping in the living room. Yeah he stayed the night. I turned the door knob after making sure he was asleep. The moon's light entered the house and it slowly disappeared as I closed the door from behind me. After running down the driveway and entering Randy's car I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

"See that wasn't bad. Now lets go." Randy said, pulling out my driveway.
♠ ♠ ♠
long i know. what do you think?