Archaggelon

The Discovery

On the following day, Alex had decided to go to the organization to see how things were going. He wanted to take things slow on his problem to face Daja again.

When thinking it through before he went to sleep, he knew that to solve something difficult, it meant doing everything step by step. So, finally, Alex decided to enter the room before Daja arrived, making him a little more relaxed for his short visit.

Fortunately, Alex realized that the place had changed the last time he had been there. Then again it was busier after the appearance of the Angel.

Alex walked up to one of the people on the computer and asked. ”Hey, what are you doing over there?”

“Hey Alex, surprised to see you here. As you can see I am trying to find any information on the monsters, maybe if it had happened it any other areas or just in this city. Daja thought it might be helpful in some way. But if you’re lucky and find anything out from school can you please inform me?”

“Sure, why not.”

While Alex continued to look around the place, seeing slight changes in every direction, he came to realize how quick time had passed. Daja was nearly coming and he was late for school.

Getting ready as fast as possible, Alex ran rapidly to school only missing the first lesson. He went to lunch and found Jasmine all alone. “What’s up Jasmine? Where are the others?”

“Hi Alex. Everything’s fine, don’t worry. The others are busy with some group assignment.”

“How come you’re not with them?”

“Well let’s just say that I am a fast worker. Anyways, it’s a good chance to talk to you personally.”

“Is anything wrong?”

“I just wanted you to know before anything else happens. I have known Clark for a long time and I know everything that he has been through.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“I mean that if you are one of those rich kids, you better leave us alone because if Clark finds out, he will kill you.

“He was once that type, always enjoying life by teasing kids that were not that rich, using nerds for better grades, had a girlfriend, and all the other stuff that they do.

“One day though, he had to go for a long trip with his parents. It was a trip that was planned for them to get to know each other better. You know the usual. But that is not the reason why he hates those guys anymore.

“When Clark returned, he had decided to surprise his girlfriend. The only problem was that he did not know what she was up to when he had left.

“As he entered the house to find no one there and the door unlocked, he had gotten a little suspicious. He searched the backyard to see if anyone was there and could not hear him. Suddenly, he heard something towards the living room, finding his girl making out with his best friend.

“He never forgave anyone, he just thought of every kid that was rich and cool the same as his best friend. He did not want to turn like him so Clark was a lonesome kid. I had pity on him that day and we became friends ever since.”

After that, Alex was shocked. He could not believe what Clark had been through. Now he understood the reason for Clark's impression on him. Alex could not blame him. If he was in Clark’s position, he would have done the same thing.

“Relax Jasmine, I may be rich but I’m not a cool guy.”

“Yeah that’s true; you’re only cool on the newspaper.” She gave a faint laugh. “OK, let’s change the subject now. Since the school is selling free tickets for the game, I asked my brother if he had any spares,” said Jasmine showing Alex the tickets and handing him one. “I hope you like basketball.”

“I sure do. I even play the sport.”

“Really, that’s cool. You should try out.”

“I’ll see to that, Jazz. I can call you that, right?”

“Sure,” making Jasmine smile.

They ate their lunch and talked. Spending time together was relieving for Alex; he really got to know her better than the last time they met. As the bell rang, Jasmine turned around and said, “Oh Alex, one thing I forgot to tell you. Don’t mention anything to Clark on what I told you. He’ll be angry at me if he finds out.”

“No problem, my lips are sealed. I would not want your pretty face to look miserable anyway,” he said, making Jasmine blush.

On the next lesson, they had history. The rest of the class came in and sat on their seats, waiting for the teacher. He took quite a while to arrive that everyone got restless. When he finally entered the room, he quickly started on the lesson. “Good morning class, sorry I’m late today.”

“You’re always late sir, and you always give a lame excuse as well,” said one of the students. The teacher ignored him and said, “Let’s start our lesson, shall we? For all my years as a history teacher, I have always loved this particular part of the lesson that I am going to teach you today. You should listen very carefully and tell me what you think if we have enough time to talk about it.

“Is it that interesting sir?” popped another student with amazement.

“Well you have to answer that yourselves don’t you think? We don’t all have the same likes and dislikes.”

“Then why don’t you start saying it then?” said a few students.

“OK then. Does everybody know the city’s name before it was named Fa Nadlen?” The teacher asked, trying to test the student’s knowledge a little.

“Of course we do, it was Zadkin.”

“Well, does anybody know the reason the name was changed?”

Everybody fell silent; all the students were breaking their heads for the answer. Alex was wondering if he did not know, how would the rest of the class have a better chance of answering it. Jasmine did not have a clue at all and she was the best student to the year.

“I can see that no one knows the answer to that huh?”

“What is so interesting about this, out of all the things in history?” asked Scipio at the front.

“You’ll see when I tell you the story,” replied the teacher. “But I’ll give you a brief story about it because I’m going to hand you out the book to read. As you can see, we don’t have much time.

“Anyways, Niko Fa Nadlen was a mystery man. No one really knew him, but he was the savior of the city years back.

“Fa Nadlen or Zadkin as it was known before was under attack by some big monster. As it says on the book, they were very tall, a little taller than the school buildings.”

“Did it have a name?” asked Alex as he was getting a vibe that he knew what exactly the teacher was talking about.

Before the teacher could respond, the bell had rung.

“It certainly did, they called it a…….. Angel.”

When Alex heard that, he had frozen with surprise that these monsters once tried to destroy the earth from before. Then the thought of the Queen of the moon had appeared telling him about some revenge they wanted.

He was sweating with disbelief, it was so noticeable that Jasmine got worried and thought that he had gotten a fever.

In the end, Alex was permitted to go home early that day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Would Alex tell Daja about the history lesson and what he found out or not? Is his fear to strong for him to overcome that will make him not say anything at all to Daja or the visit to the organization did work in some way?