Archaggelon

Change of Heart

When Alex finally came back, his visits to the organization were more frequent. Before he could start going to school, he did not have anything else to do and the organization made him feel comfortable in any situation, especially when he felt alone. He thought that his way of facing his problem sure worked faster than what he had expected.

One day, he had bumped into Daja. Alex believed that he was ready to open up to him but when looking at Daja his thoughts of what he was going to say to him flew away. He was quiescent, just looking at Daja passing by, not moving an inch to stop him from walking away.

Daja was busy that moment that he did not realize Alex’s appearance in the building. He could not find any solution of detecting those monsters and he was getting worried with the slow progress that the whole place was doing. Daja thought that the beasts would be arriving soon and nobody would be ready. The people that were not prepared at all were the riders for the androids. They did not have plenty of time to train and their skills were not even half as good as it should have been.

Every time he did not catch up with the work, he had to stay up all night. One day, when Daja had finished his work earlier than usual, he was thinking of Alex, thinking that if he were here, helping everybody with the stuff, everything would have been smoother.

On the following day, it was 4 o’clock in the morning and Daja had taken a large amount of caffeine to drink that he ended up not going to bed. Instead he decided to check up on Alex. Looking at the boys face, it made Daja think of what he had been through, losing his parents, making the androids and being forced to ride one, going to a new school and lastly the fever that scared everyone to death and he was nearly going to die. He did not know if he should ask Alex the question again or not but it was the only way to solve some complications. The only difference from last time and now is that he would not pop up the subject unexpectedly like last time.

When Alex opened his eyes, he found Daja next to him, sleeping on the chair. Alex thought that he might be very tired so he got a blanket and put it on Daja but the gentle touch of the blanket on his skin made him wake up.

“I’m sorry if I woke you up Daja,” said Alex softly, just in case Daja was too tired that he wanted a bit of quiet.

“No, it’s alright,” yawning as he spoke, “I needed to talk to you anyways. Well, if you want to.”

“Sure, because I want to talk to you too. I want to tell you something that is very important and also the reason why I have been acting strangely after the appearance of the Angel.”

“Angel?”

Alex did not realize that he had mentioned the monsters name, so he changed his mind of what he was about to say at the beginning and tell Daja the basic stuff that he discovered at school. He thought that Daja would not have taken it very well if Alex skipped the whole entire story of how things started. “Yeah, well, um, you see, before I got the fever, I had a history lesson and I found out that these monsters have attacked this place before. Some people called it a Angel. If you want, I can bring you the book that the teacher gave out to all the students to read. But I need you to finish using it quickly because when I go back to school I have to return it.”

Daja was giving a worried look on his face of what he was about to say. “I don’t know how to ask you in any other way but I have to say it. I know that we have discussed this before but after all that has happened there is no any other solution.”

“What do you mean by that, is there something wrong? Has something occurred that I don’t know about?

“No, it’s just that,” Daja paused to think. “The organization could not find anything about the Angels after its appearance and the work I have given everyone had made the whole place busy. Nobody can catch up with anything.”

“So you mean you want me to read it and tell you what happened it the book?”

“Well, sort of.” Daja was sweating so much that he ended up saying it straight forward. “Would you consider riding the android? At least join the organization.”

There was a long silence for a while. Alex did not get surprised as much as he thought he would when he heard Daja say it one more time. As a matter of fact, after meeting Oriana, he put a lot of thought into the situation.

“You know –“

“Please Alex, why don’t you try first and then tell me what you think,” said Daja, trying to find any way to make Alex change his mind.

Alex just smiled. He did not know what to expect from Daja when he would tell him about the decision he has made. “As I was saying, as the days have been proceeding, I have gotten used to going to school; it has been great over there. I have made amazing friends that are really helpful and supportive, I don’t want to go back to the person I was, alone, thinking only of work.” Alex noticed Daja's expression changing so he went straight to the point. “That is why, I have decided to accept your offer to help you out in any way but under one condition, and that is if I could still go to school.”

Daja was so jubilant, that he could not hold his smile. He got up from the seat, embraced Alex tightly and said, “Agreed.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Would that agreement be the solution to everything they asked for or would there be another situation that would prevent there way to success?