Status: Hiatus. I'm so busy :/

"Love is Like A Glass Door..."

Confessions: Simple Steps To Stealing My Heart

Penny's Pov

"Called you for the first time yesterday
I finally found the missing part of me
Felt so close but you were far away
Left me without anything to say....


"Now I'm speechless,
Over the edge and just breathless
I never thought that I'd catch. This.
Lovebug again...
Hopeless,
Head over heels in the moment
I never thought that I'd get. Hit.
By this lovebug again.
"

He strummed the chords at the end of the last line and let them fade away.

Now, tell me, is that not the most beautiful thing you've ever heard?! Don't you roll your eyes at me. Having Nick sing that- to me- made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I snuggled deeper under his arm and rested my cheek in the crook of his neck. Apart from the guitar placed awkwardly on my side while Nick reached around me to play it, I was in a blissful heaven. Tell your friends. This shall go in the history books: Nick Jonas has effortlessly stolen my heart.

"I-uh- that was... pretty?" I blurted out in the quietness afterward. I shifted around and stretched to peck him on the lips for extra effect. I felt them tug upwards in an amused smile.

"What song was that?" I asked after a moment.

"Lovebug."

Naw dip, Penny! I mentally slapped myself on the forehead.

Nick lightly stroked the strings of the guitar with one hand and played with my hair with the other. Hello! My brain jolted. He twirled the light orange strands with his fingers thoughtfully, probably spaced out.

One my signature awkward silences ensued, or at least in my mind it did. I had no idea how to feel. I was in a no man's land. One part of me was all for this and googly-eyed at my new boyfriend and his damned sweetness. The other side did not at all like the way this was going. I couldn't side with either.

Damned sweetness... Like chocolate... A rich addiction for him... Temptation to pursue.... Temptation to eat that king-sized bar of Twix before dinner...

-WHOA. Whoa whoa whoa whoa! Did. I. Just. Metaphorically compare Nick to the best freaking chocolate bar in the world?! -Excuse me while I mentally abuse myself.

Abuse myself with tempting thoughts of Nick and eating the same bar of Twix...

Mental discipline time. Slap, slap, slap. Shut up, Penny!

Obviously I'm having a 'I've got birds in my ear, and a devil on my shoulder' moment. Please call back when I have more sense.

"Penny?" Nick asked after five minutes of this. "What the hell are you thinking about? You're all squirmy and twitchy."

Oops.

I patted his arm jokingly. "Don't you worry your pretty little head about it."

"There is a brain under all of this sexiness, I hope you know."

"Really?" I joked again "There seems to be not enough room with all of that hair in the way."

He stuck his tongue out at me. I responded childishly.

It resulted with a spasmodic tickle fight, filled with me giggling like I'm high and begging him to stop before I pee myself. It has happened before. I have lots of tickle spots? Really sensitive tickle spots? Shhh, don't tell anyone my secret weakness.

Suddenly I had rolled too close to the edge.

Bang! I fell off bringing Nick, who had basically tied me up in a human knot, with me.

"Smooth."

"I know." I got up and dusted myself off. "Sometimes I impress even myself with my incomparable grace." He snickered.

"Now I have to pee," I complained.

"Well, go," he said simply. "Last door to your right."

Needless to say, I followed his directions and peed like Austin Powers in his comeback. And yes, I did ooh-and-ahh over their wallpaper like every other sensible person does. And before you get the wrong idea, I also washed my hands.

When I came back, Nick had resettled onto his bed with the laptop open and set before him. He mindlessly gnawed at his fingernails.

"What are you reading?" I asked, wiping away the last of the dampness on my hands.

"Trying to finish these lyrics." I race car-ed over there, not because I was excited at the possibility of a new Jonas Brother song, mind you. I wanted to help and get my two-cents in so I could have my name in small print on the corner of their album. Ha.

"Scoot." I made myself comfortable in the crook of his neck again and he brought the screen closer where I could see it.

"At least she's here with me
She even haunts me in my sleep
She's everywhere I go
And I wouldn't have it no
Other way
"

Okay, I admit, it is a little catchy. Was it about me? I didn't want to sound all arrogant and ask him.

"Yes," he said as if he were reading my mind, "It is about you. I didn't want Joe and Kevin jack-assing me about it."

I raised an eyebrow. "Jack-assing?" Since when is 'jackass' a verb?"

He smiled wryly. "Since now."

I shook my head, chastising him playfully. "Best work on that grammar, boy."

"Anyway," he said, "back to these lyrics. This is the part Joe added for his solo:

Starlight seems
So different than what it is at home
And it seems that all these dreams
Make me feel a-lone
...Alone...


"Then he also sings the refrain by himself after this."

"Cool," I said, "Then what's the problem?"

"When I hear it in my mind, his part is too high. I can't figure out any way to lower the notes."

"Let me try," I said.

Before he could protest, I sat up and snatched the guitar from his other side.

I strummed it a little, guitar language for "Shut it."

Then I proceeded with starting to play the basic country instrumental that goes with every song under the sun. This 'Other Way' song had a Paper Heart ring to it, but it worked just fine.

I sang Joe's solo while playing the guitar. I was more of a soprano, so I tried lowering my voice a bit to alto, the female voice that was closest to matching the mens' voice parts.

I flushed as I finished the last of it.

"That was awesome, Penn."

I flushed some more.

"You play?"

"Yeah. Mostly bass. I'm an expert."

Can you hear me singing lie! in the back of your minds?

"You lie." Damn that kid catches on fast.

"Nuh-uh," I declined. "I'll prove it to you."

I flipped Nick's guitar onto it's back and pretended to study it thoroughly.

"Black bass guitar." I said like a know-it-all. "Four strings. Non mint condition... " I announced, referring to the few scratches on the glossy black surface. I looked up and clucked my tongue at him. "Tsk, tsk, Nicholas. What have you been doing to this poor thing?"

Nick rolled his eyes and grinned. "Disciplining it."

"Is it rebellious?" I asked him as if I were a reporter.

"Oh, yes, very much. Sometimes I try to play it and it rebels and makes the wrong sound," he said with a straight face. I was laughing my ass off.

"Bull crap," I replied grinning.

"The same bull crap that you're a guitar expert."

"Ninja, please."

"Ninja? I thought it was ni-

"Watch your mouth!" I warned him, as if I would go ti-quan-do on his ass if he continued.

"I was kidding."

"Uh-huh."

"What? I was."

"N-word Jim," I giggled randomly, remembering that one episode from Family Guy.

"You're so weird."

"That's why you love me." I waggled my eyebrows. He laughed.

The door burst open and a brown blur ran through and leaped onto the bed.

"I'm hungry!"

Am I mistaken, or was that the voice of Frankie Jonas?

Frank bounced up and down on the bed, something I had been able to do when I had still been under 100 pounds and not likely to break the bed.

"Whoa, whoa, dude," Nick put a restraining hand on Frankie's shoulder. "Enough caffeine burning already. You might accidentally trample my girlfriend."

"Ooh! You have a girlfriend!" Frankie teased.

"Yes, I do. Now before you kill her with your feet..." Frankie shrieked with laughter, probably knowing it was possible.

"Come help me make hot dogs!"

"FEED ME." I growled in that your-mother's-Bigfoot voice that I heard in a poptart commercial.

"Eat a bagel."

"Psh," I responded. "Frankie, I think you can take him. Pin him down, and I'll go get the ropes."

Frankie obliged happily while I smirked at them both. I got the idea to tie Nick up in his sheets, making him a more easier target.

"FINE! I give! I give!" he surrendered when it got to Frankie and I both tickling him while he was defenseless. "I'll make hot dogs! Just let me go!" he giggled in an adorable high-pitched voice.

Looks like I'm not the only ticklish one.

After helping me untieing Nick from the sheets, Frank raced down the stairs towards the kitchen.

"Come, N-word Nick, my white slave," I beckoned solemnly.

He bowed while I snickered. "I shall accompany you to the microwave, Bigfoot Penn, my girlfriend."

I laughed. "Nice."
♠ ♠ ♠
And that, my friends, was ch... jeez, I lost count already. 13?

We're always making hair jokes at my friend Austin XD
He and Nick have the same hair. Except, our jokes are more like, "It's all brain under that." XDDD

I like this chapter so far. I'll re-read it and make sure it's not rushed.
The lines 'I've got birds in my ear and a devil on my shoulder' come from that one song by Cute Is What We Aim For...

And I thought that I should give 'ole Frankie a say in this story :P I just googled him, HE'S SO ADORABLE!!! *squee* Haha. And yes, the lyrics from the beginning of the chapter are Lovebug.

Other thoughts: I say awkward and playful way too much in this story XP
Whoo! Almost six and a half pages on word :-)
ps: I still need models [if you have no idea what I'm talking about, visit my second most recent journal entry]