Status: Hiatus. I'm so busy :/

"Love is Like A Glass Door..."

Just the Everyday Complications of Love...

I couldn't do anything but stare. Her love washed over me like waves lapping over the coast. It was a sudden and indescribable relief to me that I grasped to like an infant. I grasped to the comfort of her voice, her breath on my neck, her arms around my neck. Seconds passed when I heard a polite noise from behind. My eyes fluttered open. Joe smirked.

"I guess I'll settle for my old vans. See you lovebirds later." For a moment, he gave me a quick 'we'll talk later' glance, and with a wink to Danielle, he disappeared up the basement stairs.

I coughed, embarrassed. Danielle looked up at me to give me her stunning smile. I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe that, during all of this Connor drama, she'd slipped my mind. It was like... when I was with Connor, the outside world just... vanished... Like we escaped to our own Wonderland, and I thought about him nonstop; dreamed of him; spent every moment with him; I breathed for him. My heart felt as if it were floating on cloud nine, and I was filled with a dazzling glow inside- this warmth that filled me completely- and it was just... Magic. Unfathomable magic that dissipated with a terrible, hopeless ache, like cold air rushing in, as soon as he walked through that terminal.

Is that what love did to you?

Yes. Danni made me feel the exact same way.

She cuddled close to me. "I've missed you so much," she whispered softly, "You just wouldn't believe it...I had to see you before I went raving crazy."

"I missed you too." And then and there I felt so bad for lying. I lost Connor when he left; he slipped through my hands like sand. And now, in my private infidelity, it felt as if I lost Danielle too. Like I discarded her somewhere on the way to be with him, and was left with no one.

Like I lost them both.

The thought clawed at my heart. I didn't want to loose anyone. They were both so precious to me... To my sanity... I simply wouldn't be able to take it.

"Don't ever let me go," I said in a small voice. She nodded into my chest and squeezed my arms tighter. We stayed like that for a couple of minutes before she looked back up at me.

"What's wrong, Kevin?" Her soft brown eyes were ladled with concern.

"Nothing," I sighed, letting my troubles drop from my shoulders, and smiled faintly, "Not anymore."

"Kevin." she propped her elbows on either side of me. Her voice was careful. "How well do I know you?"

"Too well, Miss Deleasa," I said wryly. I pulled her closer to me. She pressed her lips against mine. My eyes flickered closed again as our mouths melted together. I was overwhelmed with that golden feeling again that spread like melted butter in my chest. I indulged on the sensations floating around us like invisible hearts. Her mouth were soft and sweet. I could feel her warm, wiry frame squeezed against me. Her skin smelled like lavender. I sought comfort in it all, and it was received in sparkling bursts of pure love. The kiss was brief but deep and loving.

"You know I love you, Kevin," she said, a devoted honesty radiating from her words. "I'd do anything to make you happy. If there's anything you want to talk about-."

"No," I interrupted gently, "I'm fine, now that you're here." And I meant it.

She nodded slowly. "You're a mystery, Kevin Jonas," she murmured. "But, if you insist. I won't pry." She rested her head on my side. "But please inform me why you're in a dark, dreary basement, all by yourself, on a beautiful Kotka evening? You have a lot of explaining to do, mister!" she waggled her index finger in front of my nose childishly.

I laughed and pretended to bite at it. "I was sleeping." She looked unimpressed.

"That is unexceptionable!" she lectured, imitating the voice of a cranky, strict tutor.

"I'm sorry, m'am." I mimicked the voice of a meek student. "It won't happen again!"

"You got that right! I should whip you for your impertinence!"

"Ooh," I said suggestively. "You're one of those kinky teachers, aren't you?"

She laughed. "Only after hours." She straightened up from the sofa, and cold air filled the spot she once occupied. "Now, c'mon. I'm taking my doll out to dinner." She shuffled through her green duffel bag and paused to contemplate a violet strapless chiffon dress with a sweetheart neckline. "Just give me a bit to make myself look presentable."

"Ooh, what kind of dinner is this?" I asked, eying the formal attire.

She smiled at my excitement. "You'll find out when we get there."

"Hey, there's a jazz festival going on uptown. Feel like going later on?"

"Sounds exciting. Ooh! I have an idea. Let's wear matching dresses!" she joked.

"Not here, not ever," I said dryly.

"Aww, c'mon. Don't knock it 'till you try it."

"Nah, I'm good. I'll save that for my troubled, drag queen years when I'm old and grey."

"Silly goose," she said and giggled. I loved her laugh. It was contagious and lifted my spirits. "Now, shoo! I have to change."

"I'd rather stay and watch," I smirked.

"Maybe when you're old and grey," she joked cynically.

"But I'll be a drag queen by then!" I teasingly complained.

"Exactly. See you in an hour." Rolling my eyes jokingly, I turned for the stairs.

Left to myself, I retired to my room, mentally deciding to change into a vest and dress shirt with a cashmere scarf and pants. I smiled to myself, thinking about me and Danni's silliness that drew us together in a twitter-pattered love. And then I thought of Connor and me, and felt the same thing.

I couldn't bear to loose either.

I know what I must do.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would know what if feels like to be in love.
I wish I knew how it felt to be on the receiving end of it, though.

I don't like this update :(
It was really hard for me to mentally map out (because EWW it's one of those dialouges and I hate dialouges cuz they're unreasonably hard!), and now that I've updated it, it sounds like crap :(

Or is that just me? Am I slowly going crazy?!

I'm sorry, my lovlies. Tumi tried.

Huh... today's the 130th anniversary of the city of Kotka. And I stumbled upon that near the end of this update. Coincidences!

HERE'S TO NINE STARS. You guys rock :)

I send my love.

Song for this chapter is the same for the last chapter's song, since this is a continuation.

And maybe I'll find a way to work it out
And maybe I'll find a way to bring it back
And maybe I'll find a way to change the past
And maybe by the time I do you'll be gone..


The remix had the lyrics that I wanted, but the lyric websites are being gay and don't have it! Grr...