Status: Hiatus. I'm so busy :/

"Love is Like A Glass Door..."

Brief Interlude

Penn Sutherland's Pov

The next day, a multitude of things happened.

For one, it started snowing. I awoke once more to the soft blue light pouring through the open window and Connor slept to my right in his own little world. I smiled to myself at this as the tranquil morning affected me, and instantly I felt new. I slip out of bed as quietly as possible and sneak into the bathroom for my usual morning routine. After lathering up the toothbrush, I go back out into the living/bedroom and start brushing my teeth as I made my way to the window. It was then when I spotted tiny, white little flakes falling lightly from the sky to the powdered ground.

Snow. In OCTOBER.

Damn.

Holding the toothbrush in my mouth for a moment, I warm my hands over the iron heater underneath the window as I watched the civilians stroll 'round the streets in a cheerful atmosphere.

Connor stirred. After cat-stretching and letting loose a comical yawn, Connor pulled back the dark blue comforter and stepped onto the ground. He grimaced as his bare feet touched the cold hardwood floor.

"Connor," I called, after removing the toothbrush to talk, "come over here! It's snowing!"

Drowsily, he shuffled over, and peeked out at the window for a second, before saying, "Cool."

Eh, all he needs is a shower and he'll be fine. Speaking of which, I have to finish brushing; the toothpaste is running down my arm.

I hurried on to the bathroom, officially claiming it until I felt like getting out.

---

After breakfast, hot coca and warm bagels, Connor and I headed back up.

"What're you doing?" he asked.

I had been bundling up; tying on some seriously Eskimo boots and buttoning up my black trench coat while pulling on some black fluffy mittens and adding a woolly black scarf to that.

"What? Do you really expect me to stay inside while it's snowing? At an unnatural time of the year? No. We're busting out the camera and going sight seeing!" I said, overly excited. See, it doesn't really snow that much back at home, so excuse my hyper mood.

Connor lazily put on some outerwear over his flannel shirt and worn-out jeans. Oh- and he didn't forget his skullcap.

Soon we headed down the stairs and out the main entrance. I wrapped the scarf tightly around my nose; it was much colder than it had been the other night. We turned the corner and got to the car Conner rented out. Grr... Rich kid...Grr. It was a lime green Volkswagen Buggy. -Note; One way you can tell a dude is gay: the car they decide to rent out. But, hey, I ain't complaining. The Buggy is absolutely the cutest and my most favorite car ever. Don't be hatin'.

---
"So where exactly are we going?" Connor asked as he popped in a burned cd while we drove down the highway.

I snuggled into the leather seat and waited for the seat warmers to take effect. "Dunno. Anywhere that looks interesting?"

Pink's 'Who Knew' blasted through the speakers. Classic Connor. He turned the knob down a little. "On my way here, I saw an Art Exhibit," he suggested. "What was it? Art Nouveau Museum or something."

Fiddling with the little hand-held navigation system, I punched in "Art Nouveau". After I got it working, the male computerized voice said, "Take next left and drive for 300 yards."

"Take next left."
...
"Take next left."

"Drive for three quarters of a mile."

And on and on and on. Amy Winehouse (which, I swear, I didn't pick) played for most of the time while we drove in a comfortable silence as Dave, our navigation dude, led us to our destination.

---
"Your rolled up sleeves, and your skull tee shirt.
He said 'what did you do with him today?’
Flick me out like I was tinkering
"

-Connor's actually not a bad singer.

"You are now at your destination."

Connor and I cheered as we parked on the curb across the street of the Exhibit. It had only been a fifteen- minute ride, but, come on, listening to Dave press on the directions that he had just given two minutes before is very annoying.

"Goodbye, Dave," I said happily and clicked the navigation system off.

As we stepped out of the car, I instantly wanted to get back in. All of the precious warm air had evaporated. The snow sprinkled down in almost invisible flakes. Connor exchanged his glasses for a pair of dark shades.

I looked across the street, where the Exhibit was. It looked amazing. The building had a modern taste; it was brick with multiple levels and different-angled roofs. All of the widows were a patterned stained glass. The building was an immense size, bordered with trimmed shrubbery and that perfect green grass that you never thought really existed because you only see it in the movies. A yellowish warm light came from inside the building, beckoning us to go in.

I wanna go in!

Connor had been rooted to the same spot for the past few minutes. Though his eyes were hidden to me by the sunglasses, I could still see that his eyebrows furrowed in concern as he looked past me.

"C-Connor, what is it, man?" I shivered as the wind blew through my jeans and I chattered my teeth. "D-dude, I wanna g-g-go ins-side!"

Swiftly, he grabbed my by the sleeve. "We're going inside." But it hadn't been the kind of “inside" I was hoping for. It was the Pharmacy store behind us kind of inside.

"Connor!"

"Wait a minute," he said as we entered the store, "I have to see something first."

I waited as he bought something, distracting myself by eyeing the candy section. As the manager dude dropped the item in the bag, Connor asked if I wanted anything. I said yes and pointed ecstatically at the ridiculously large Slim Jim.

---
Connor McPhearson's Pov

After convincing Penny to get into the car again, and turning the heat on full blast, I took the item out of the bag hesitantly. It was a French-like People's magazine. Usually I would never buy one of these, but this was bad. Very bad.

I laid the magazine out on the driver's/passenger's armrest while Penn worked on her addiction snack.

As her eyes rested onto the cover of the magazine, she let out an audible gasp.

Nicholas Jonas and A NEW GIRLFRIEND?

"Oh my god."

I grimaced. On the cover, were Nick and Penn, nose to nose and looking like they were just about to kiss. It was at night. Penn had her arms wrapped around his neck while he smiled softly down on her and the light hit them just so perfectly that her reddish-orange hair glowed and his eyes sparkled. Ick.

"If my parents see this, I'm dead!" she said anxiously, laying down her forgotten snack and studying the page.

"Turn to page 46," she said quietly. Before I could object, she turned it herself.

On the page, it was a disaster. Other pictures of Penny and Nick Jonas were displayed on it, a lot of cuddling and lovey-dovey crap like that. God- I don't know what it is about straight couples that make me feel sick. Penny bit the inside of her cheeks in worry as she read aloud the article.

Pop-star singer of the Jonas Brothers Band, Nick Jonas [18] was spotted Thursday night with a red-headed girl, unidentified, outside of Le Cafe De La Rosa Blanc. The Cafe manager, Louise Charm`e, announced that the two had been inside the building from 4 that afternoon until 15 minutes to 9. The two had claimed to be a couple. Then, as they left for the night (the red-headed girl being late for something) the two stayed outside near the front entrance for quite a while, and Miss Charm`e reported that they did indeed kiss each other (picture to right), that being a sign of a relationship, and they rode off in young Nicholas' motor vehicle.

Penny shut the magazine and bit her lip in frustration.

"Wow," she said quietly, "They got everything down to the last detail."

Then, more to herself, she muttered, "Okay, okay, it'll all work out. If we just lay low for a little while, and make sure my parents don't find out, we'll be good. They don't even read this crap, anyway. It'll all blow over in a week or so- we'll just hang tight until then."

I nodded and squeezed her hand for support. "Hey, let's go and see that museum, okay? Have something to flaunt when we get back to school." She laughed.

"And," she added, "who knows? You may get a swing at Kevin while we're at it." I punched her playfully.

"Shut it," I said, and repressed a smile.

Grabbing her Slim Jim, Penny followed me outside of the car and we made our way across the street to the Exhibit.

---
Penn Sutherland's Pov

Everything would be fine, if things went smoothly for the next week.

But, alas, trouble follows me everywhere.

As we got to the other side, three familiar figures were walking down the street. They were all just under 6 ft and had stylish scarves and jackets on.

Check it out, y'all: It's the Jonas Brothers. Walking down the street as if they're actually normal.

I smile to myself with this thought as I neared them. The one in the middle, with his outrageously curly head of hair, smiled and quickened his pace.

"Nick! What are you three doing here?"

"We're on our way to the Exhibit," he explained, while Kevin and Joe waved at us.

"Us too," I replied cheerfully. Nick and I stood there awkwardly, not knowing if we should do that whole kiss-and-how-was-your-day thing. Extra uncomfortable with the others as our audience.

Kevin look over his shoulder warily. "Uh... I think we should all get inside pretty quickly." Joe looked behind him also.

"Why?" I asked curiously.

But Kevin's response was cut off. It didn't matter, because I soon discovered the answer.

Answer: A butt-load of paparazzi people were on their asses.

Immediately, about six cars suddenly appeared and about 6 trillion people got out swarming us within the second.

Camera flashes.

five million and a half questions being asked all at once.

Total confusion.
♠ ♠ ♠
We've got a big, big mess on our hands tonight! -yes, that's actually in a song. I just thought about that. I guess that could be the ending theme song.

I was really debating whether I should continue and say what happens next, or should I start it on a new chapter. I love the was I cut that off, and the ch. was getting too long. I'll update again probably tonight or tomorrow.

Commentehs?
that's how I say comment in a Spanish accent ^_^