Ghost Hunters an Investigation of the South

Mississippi is Creepy

As they pulled into the city of Natchez Steve picked up his walky and hit the button, “Hey guys where exactly are we supposed to be meeting this girl?”

Grant picked up his walky and answered “She said she would meet us at the hotel. Apparently she’s got some E.V.P.’s that she wants to show us. So when we get settled Jason is going to give her a call”

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

After everyone settled into their room it was decided that Tango, and Brian would go pick up some breakfast while Jason, Grant, and Steve would wait for the client.

Just as Steve finished setting up his computer there was a knock at the door. As he opened the door the girl dropped some papers.

“Shit” she exclaimed as she bent down to pick them up. As an amused Steve bent down to help her she blushed.

“Sorry about that, I’m Lizzy. Jason and Grant asked me to meet them here.” The girl said as she straitened up.

“Hi, I’m Steve. If you come on it we can get everything set up. The guys will be right back they just ran down stairs to get something out of the van. You can set up over there on the desk.” He said as he stepped back to let her in.

As she began to set up Steve took the chance to get a look at her. She was about five’ five and looked to be in her early twenties. She had curly blond hair which she had pulled into a high ponytail with a few pieces that had escaped framing her face. She was dressed in dark jeans flip flops and a pink shirt that showed just enough of her cleavage to be teasing.

As she bent down to plug in her laptop it was Steve’s turn to blush. Nice view but one he knew he shouldn’t be looking at. Just to make sure he wouldn’t he clicked on the TV to distract himself. As she finished up Jason and Grant walked in.

“Oh good you’re here. I’m Grant, This is Jason,” Grant said as he shook her hand.

“So what you got for us?” Jason asked as he shook her hand as well.

“Well, I wasn’t sure what all you wanted to see so I brought everything I’ve gotten so far. I brought two E.V.P.’s I thought you would be interested in hearing, all my research on the two houses as well as on the land they sit on and my case study I did a few weeks ago when I stayed with David myself. I documented everything he did, any strange things that occurred and what I though might be the cause of some of them.” She replied

Grant picked up some of the paper and glanced through them, “Wow, this is pretty thorough. Are you part of a paranormal group or something?”

She smiled, “No. I guess you could call it a really expensive hobby of mine. I’ve had several paranormal experiences throughout my life and it started out as a way to prove that I wasn’t crazy. Now mostly I do research on local places for fun.” She said as she sat down in front of her computer.

“These are the two EVP’s I caught; this first one was caught in David’s room. You’ll hear me ask David a question, and then; well I’ll just let you listen for yourself” Lizzy said as she clicked play.

As the recording came on you could here Lizzy’s voice, “David, what are you doing you silly goose?” then silence for a few seconds then the sound of someone laughing.

“Was anyone else in the house? Or were any TVs or radios on?” Jason asked.

“No, I made sure to turn everything off before I turned the recorder on, and David and I were the only ones there.” She answered as she played it once more.

As she pulled up the second one she stated, “Now this one was caught during an EVP session I did in the old house where David’s grandfather passed away. I was alone and was basically experimenting with the recorder and just asking random questions. So to say I was surprised to find this is an understatement.”

As she played the clip her voice came through the speakers, “Is someone here with me... Is your name Melvin?” silence for a few seconds then in almost a whisper a male voice said, “Melvin is not here”

Jason and Grant look at each other, “Can you loop that?” Grant asked
As the clip played over and over Lizzy turned to look at them, “What do you think that sounds like?”

“To me it sounds like Melvin is not here,” Jason said

“That’s what I thought as well,” she replied as a shiver ran through her.

After playing through the clips a few more times Lizzy wrote down the directions to the home for them and left so they could rest up after their long drive.

xxxxxxxxxx

“One thing I can say about this girl is that she knows her stuff. The research she put into the history of the area is unbelievable.” Grant said as he flipped through the papers Lizzy left for them.

“I agree; her case log is pretty impressive too. She has the makings to be a pretty talented investigator. It’s a shame she doesn’t have a local group she could work with,” Jason said as he tossed the case log on the table.

“Hey Jay what do you think about inviting her out to these next two investigations? It could be interesting to see how she reacts with the team, and who knows maybe we could introduce her to some of the boys from New Orleans. They’re always looking for new members.”

Jason considered it for a moment, “Sounds like an idea; lets go talk to the guys and see what they think about it.”

xxxxxxxxx

LATER THAT DAY

Lizzy smiled as she hung up her phone, “Hey Bridg can you come in here for a second?”

Lizzy’s cousin Bridget walked out of the kitchen with her son David on her hip, “Was that them?” she asked.

“Yes, they are just pulling onto the street so they will be in a few seconds. When they get here you are going to have to show Jason, Grant, and Steve around and explain all that’s been happening and they want you to have David with you while you tell them everything okay.”

“Okay that’s fine, and by the way thank you Lizzy for doing this for us.”
“Not a problem,” Lizzy replied as the vans pulled up outside.

While Bridget showed the guys around Lizzy walked over to where her car was and leaned against it as she waited. As she waited two very familiar men walked up.

“You must be Lizzy. My name is Dave, and this is Brian.” Tango said as he grasped Lizzy’s hand to shake.
“Hi, it’s nice to meet you,” Lizzy replied as she shook both men’s hands.

“So you’re the great investigator Grant was talking about,” Brian added as he released Lizzy’s hand.

Lizzy blushed, “Nah, it just a hobby.”

“Hey that’s the way it started for us,” Replied Tango

Just then Steve walked up, “Alright you guys we need to start setting up.”

xxxxxxxxxx

After setting up and cutting out all the lights the group met back at the van for last minute instructions.

“Alright guys, Grant and I are going to head up to the kid’s room with thermal so I want Steve and Bri to head to the old house while Tango watches the monitor.” Jason said as he checked the batteries in his walky and thermal camera.

xxxxxxxx

“Starting tape; it’s eight fifty three this is Steve and Brian in the old house doing an EMF sweep and EVP session” Steve said as he sat the digital recorder on the coffee table of the small one room house.

“It someone here with us? Can you give us your name?” Steve asked as he walked around trying to get an EMF read.

Brian added, “Are you the one that keeps scaring the little kid? You know that’s not a very nice thing to do. Show yourself to us, or are you to scared?”

Steve felt a breeze on the back of his neck’ He turned around and held the EMF detector up, “one point five, three point two, four point five. Bri just got a cold spot over here,” he said as Brian brought the temperature gauge over.

Brian stared at the temperature read in shock, “Steve you have got to see this; over here it reads seventy and when I move it over here fifty-five. This is unbelievable!”

“What is your name? Is your name Melvin? Can you give us a sign of your presence?” Steve asked as Brian set his mini DV on the table.

“What is, Shit!” Steve yelled as he jumped away from the chair he was about to sit in.

“What? What is it?” Brian exclaimed thinking Steve had seen something.

“That!” Steve said as he pointed at the chair in revulsion.

Brian leaned in to get a better look and started to laugh, “Dude it’s just a spider.”

“Yeah a big hairy spider,” Steve added.

Just then the spider jumped at Brian causing him to scream and slap at his shirt. This time is was Steve’s turn to laugh, “Thought you said it was just a spider? Steve said as he wiped the tears of laughter away.

Brian glared at him, “Yeah well it’s a big hairy spider that jumps and I vote that we leave it alone okay.”

“Fine with me,” Steve said as he sat on the couch.

After a few minutes Brian sat down as well.

xxxxxxxx

Jason and Grant entered the small home panning the thermal cam around each room in hopes of seeing a hot spot. After completing the sweep of the entire house they returned to David’s room hoping to debunk some of the things the mother complained of. Taking a look good look around Grant noticed something.

“You know these walls are paneled, I bet they are paper thin. If something were to bang against them hard enough they could cause something to fall off a shelf.” Grant said as he walked over to the door and slammed it causing a teddy bear to fall off one of the shelves hanging on the wall.

“Hey G, come look at this” Jason said as he shined his light at the railing on the toddler bed. “You see these nicks in the metal of this railing. If a child were to roll over and put its back against that it would surely leave scratches, which could explain the scratches on the boys back”

Grant nodded as he ran his finger over the nicks. “So that makes two debunks. Let’s go see if we can make it three.”

xxxxxxxx

As soon as Brian and Tango entered the old house they were met with a heavy feeling of dread. It was as if someone was telling them to get out. They did a thermal sweep then decided to do some EVP’s.

“Can you give us a sign of your presence?” Tango asked rubbing his arm nervously as the heavy feeling increased. Just then Brian caught something out the corner of his eye.

“Dude, did you just see that? There is something right over there!”

As Tango looked in the direction Brian had pointed something hit him in the back causing him to stumble forward, “What the hell was that for?” He yelled as he turned to look at Brian. They both just stared at each other for a few seconds before dashing for the door pushing at each other trying to be the first to get out. As they made through the door Brian tripped on one the steps causing both of them to fall. Both jumped up and ran as fast as they could away from the house. As the reached the van Tango leaned over trying to catch his breath.

“That wasn’t you that hit me was it?” He asked as he glanced at Brian.

“No! Dude I swear I didn’t touch you.” Brian yelled as he too leaned over to catch his breath.

Tango grabbed his walky and hit the button, “Hey Guys can you come down to the tech van?”

Steve opened the back door on the van, “Hey guys what’s going on?”

Noticing the light spilling out of the van Tango took hi shirt off and turned his back towards Steve.

“Is there anything on my back? Because it hurts like hell.”

“Holy Shit!” Brian and Steve yelled together as Steve fumbled with his walky, “Hey Jason and Grant get over here you got to see this!”

“What is it?” Tango asked worriedly as Bryan began snapping pictures.

Brian answered, “Dude you have two huge hand prints on your back and welts all around them.”

Just then Jason and Grant walked up, “What’s up guys?” Jason asked

Tango just turned around figuring that would answer his question. He was right.

“What the frig!?” Grant yelled as he ran his hand over one of the hand prints on Tango’s back.

Tango yelped and jumped away from Grants hand, “Dude don’t do that; that tickles!” he yelled causing everyone to laugh.

“Now what exactly happened?” Jason asked

Tango shrugged his shirt back on, “I’m not really sure. When I entered the house I got this really weird heavy feeling as if something was telling me to leave. Then Brian saw something so I turned to see if I could see it and the next thing I know I’m being pushed forward.”

After hearing his story Jason and Grant headed to the old cabin to see if they could feel anything. After sitting in the cabin for over an hour they decided to give up for the night.

Jason picked up his walky, “Alright you guys, it’s late. So I think it’s about time to wrap it up.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I do not own Taps or their show Ghost Hunters, Comments are apprecitated!