Ghost Hunters an Investigation of the South

The Reveal

Steve and Tango stared at the screens listlessly as Brian listened to the wireless audio. This was the one aspect of the investigation that the show failed to disclose. The total and complete boredom experienced by the guys while they review the footage. They had to be careful not to zone out because crucial evidence could easily be missed and they never knew when something might present itself.

Steve had taken the Mini DV footage while Tango had taken the thermal and neither of them had spotted any actual paranormal evidence yet. They had already gone through all of the tapes from the first house now all they had left to look at were the tapes from the old house where Tango had his experience. Steve popped in one of the three tapes left hoping to find something. It turned out to be from the DV Brian had set down while they did their EVP session. He started to laugh as he watched Brian jump around on the screen trying to knock the spider off of him. Looking around he elbowed Tango to get his attention.

“What is it? Did you find something?” Tango asked as he paused the thermal footage he had been watching.

“Sort of,” Steve said as he played the clip for Tango causing both of them to laugh.

Their laughter caught Brian’s attention, “What’s so funny guys?” he asked

“This,” Steve said as he played the clip again.

Brian glared at Steve, “Yeah well I still say that spider was huge… and it jumped,” he said causing the guys to laugh harder. After what seemed like an eternity to Brian, but was actually only a few minutes, everyone settled down and began studying the footage again.

As Steve came towards the end of the tape he paused it, rubbed his eyes, rewound it a little and played it again. It was when Brian and Tango were in the old house. It showed Brian and Tango walk in, Brian spots something and walks to the right of the camera, Tango turns his back to the camera giving it a view from the top of his head to the bottom of his feet planted firmly on the ground and then sure enough he pitches forward as if pushed by an invisible force.

As Steve played it frame by frame he smiled. There it was absolute un-debunkable documented proof of paranormal activity. As Tango pitched forward two indents appear on the back of his shirt in the shape of hand prints.

“You guys you have got to see this,” He said catching Tango and Brian’s attention.

xxxxxxxx

The Findings

“So guy what have you got for us?” Jason asked

“Well we didn’t catch anything in the first house, but that little cabin was another story. As you know we had a lot of personal experiences, and we were luck enough to catch a few of those. Now this first clip I’m going to show you; I don’t really think it’s paranormal but I figured you guys might like it.” Steve said as he clicked the play button.

As they watched the screen everyone except Brian began to laugh.
“I told you that was a really big spider…. and it jumped” Brian said as his face turned a nice shade of red.

“Oh, that was priceless,” Jason said as he wiped the tears of laughter out of his eyes.

“In all seriousness we only caught one piece of evidence. It towards the end of the investigation when Brian and Tango were doing an EVP session,” Steve said as he pulled the clip up on his laptop.

As the clip played through Steve swiped at his arms to get rid of the chills he still got even after watching it a few hundred times.

“What the frig???” Grant yelled as he watched Tango being pushed on screen.

“Can you play that back frame by frame?” Jason asked

As Steve complied both Jason and Grant leaned closer to the screen, “Is that handprints?” Grant asked.

“That’s what I thought as well, and if you compare it to the pictures we took of the marks on his back they seem to line up.” Steve stated as he pulled the picture up on his laptop and sat it by the screen.

“Well good job guys. Just get us copies and well drive back for the reveal.”

xxxxx

Reveal

As Grant played the evidence frame by frame both he and Jason sat back and waited for their clients response.

“Oh my God what was that?” Bridget, Lizzy’s cousin, yelled

“Well that’s the thing. It’s not something that can be explained. Can we say for sure it was a ghost? No but it’s defiantly paranormal.” Grant said he watched her nervously swipe at her arms.

“So after your investigation do you think our house is haunted?” She asked bluntly

“Your house no. We were pretty much able to debunk most of the claims there, but the cabin is another story. I feel pretty comfortable in saying that it’s haunted.” Grant stated as he turned the monitor off.

“So do you have any questions for us?” Jason asked

“No I think you pretty much answered any questions I had.”

“Well you have our information so if you need anything just give us a call,” Jason said as he and Grant stood up to shake her hand.

xxxxxxx

“So what did you think about her reaction?” Grant asked as Jason drove them back to the hotel.

“I think she was glad that we were able to debunk most of the claims on her home.”

Grant nodded, “I agree; but she seemed pretty upset about the cabin. I think she was hoping we wouldn’t find anything.”

“Yeah well another successful investigation down; now on to the next.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are appreciated!