‹ Prequel: The Encounter

The Dearly Departed

Fresh Blood

The sight I was seeing was of the worst slaughters I had ever seen. He still didn't know how to use his teeth properly. I knew this because The heads of most of the victims were torn off in a desperate attempt to break the flesh and suck the blood from the artery in the neck. Hands were left dangling by only a sliver of flesh, another desperate attempt. I grimaced and felt my skin grow colder than usual. I was a child of the underworld but even then, I could not stand the scene of grotesque carnage that lay before me.

I stood up from my crouched position and turned around only to meet a pair of glowing red, fresh blood eyes. I felt my lips pull back across my teeth and I heard a low growl come from my throat. I sound I had never heard before. I began walking around the young vampire and his fast, uneasy movement made me laugh inside. She knew I was stronger than her and she knew that with a flick of my fingers I could send her into a whirlwind of pain that she had never known before. I locked my eyes with hers and I could see the terror and fury rising in her.

When she stopped moving with me I knew what she was thinking. I needed to act before she could rip my throat out. I crouched down to the floor right as she sprang toward me. I turned to face her and I outstretched my arms toward her as I lept towards her, my teeth gunning for her throat. I caught her body in my arms and I felt the floor as we plummetted to the ground, my teeth sinking deep into her jugular. I stayed there for about a whole three minutes before I felt her body go limp with death.

I wiped the blood from my lips and walked out of the bathroom into the main hall. I heard someone knock something over, and out of natural response my body jerked toward the sound and slowly I walked to where it came from. As I walked over to the slightly opened door where the noise had come from; I opened it. Backed against the wall was Demetreus, crouched close to the floor with blazing red, venomous, eyes. I couched down to his level and stared deep into his eyes. When I saw what was in his eyes, I saw that he was no longer a person, but a ravenous, killing, monster.