Two Twins, Their Idol, And A Green Day Competition

Part 18

Part 18
As we walked out of the front door and down the patio steps I started to hum the tune to 'Basket Case'.
"Basket Case." Mike said.
"Huh?" I snapped out of my trance I usually go into when I hum.
"You were humming the tune to Basket Case." Mike stated.
"Yeah I was. I love that song, though I've never really known what it meant, the same with a lot of your songs, except for 'Wake Me Up When September Ends' 'cause I know what that one's about. But you don't have to know what the songs mean to like them do you?" I said s I looked back to see how far we'd walked, Billie Joe's house was in the distance.
"Well yeah, I suppose not. But another one to add to you books I suppose. When Billie Joe was younger when he used to have his panic attacks, he didn't really know what they were. He used to just think he was going mad, hence why we shot the video in a mental asylum. It nearly drove him off the edge. The only way he could understand what was going on was to write about it, even then he still didn't fully understand. No he's found out he has panic attacks and anxiety it kind of has made him understand it better." Mike reeled the facts out to me.
"Whoa, I've never heard that was before. He's been through a lot hasn't he? I thought I'd been through enough when I was told my parents had died. But he's been through so much more." I sat down on a bench that was situated in a park we'd just entered. "He was so nice to me that night, the night I'd found out my parents were dead." I sighed and looked at the floor. Memories came flooding back. I felt tears prick the back of my eyes. I wasn't going to let Mike see me cry, I'd already broke down in front of one of my idols, I wasn't going to do it again. I let out a shaky sigh and a tear rolled over my cheek.
"Hey, hey, hey. What's up now kid? You can't be crying over Billie can you?" he asked.
"No." I managed to say through the tears. "Just thinking about my parents brings back bad memories." I felt Mike rubbing my back then he pulled me into a hug. I cried for what seemed like hours in his arms but in reality it was probably only five or ten minutes.
"You okay now?" Mike asked.
"Yeah, thanks Mike." I replied.
"Okay now I'm wet, I don't need a shower now!" he said. I couldn't help but laugh.
"Come on, better be getting back else Lord 'I'm so high and mighty' will be wondering what I've done with you." Mike laughed. We got up from the bench and walked back to Billie Joe's.
We walked into the studio thingy.
"Okay, what happened to you?" Billie asked. Shit I bet you my eyeliner has given it away, bet you it's run.
"'Waterproof' my fucking ass. Err bad memories came back, I'm fine now." I said rushing off to sort my make up out.

When I came back down Hannah played 'Good Riddance' for me and we just messed around for a while.

A little later that night.
I awoke; I rolled over onto my side a looked out of the door into the lit hallway. I had nearly fallen back to sleep when I heard someone walking up the hall and he was carrying a bag. It was Billie Joe; he walked into Jakob's room,
"Shit it's dark in here." I heard him say to himself. There was a bang,
"Fuck, stupid bunk!" I let out a small laugh. He came out of the room rubbing his head. He got two boxes out of the bag. He walked into our room and placed them at the end of Hannah's bed and mine. He got up and turned around to walk out of the door when he tripped over my converse and fell on the floor with a ''thud'.
"Bloody kids. Can't they put anything away?" He said to himself again.
"Hey! We do we can just never be bothered. Don't tell me you weren't like that!" I whispered.
"Oh you're awake, yeah I was like that but you'll learn." He said smiling.
"Yeah right ok." I said rolling my eyes.
"Ok sleep, it's nearly one." He walked towards the door.
"Okay. Oh and Billie?" I said, he stopped and turned to face me.
"Thanks for the presents and everything else you've done for me and Hannah, thanks for making this dream happen." I said as a smile appeared on my face. He didn't say anything; he just nodded and made his way to his own room.

*Next morning*
"WAKE UP SANTA'S BEEN! I GOT PRESENTS!" Jakob screamed as he ran up and down the hall. I looked at my clock. Six AM. I groaned and put my pillow over my head to block out the screaming.
I was drifting back off again before shouting drowned my ears.
"MERRY CHRISTMAS!!"
"Don't you lot sleep in until about nine Billie?" I groaned, pulling my head out from under my pillow.
"No it's Christmas, we get presents!" Joey shouted emerging at the door.
"Come on, grab your stuff and we'll sit in the hall and open them!" Billie said parking his ass on the floor.
"Billie Joe, you get more excited than the bloody kids!" Adrienne said shaking her head and sat next to him. I pulled on some jeans and another tee and joined them on the floor.

After Jakob and Joey had opened they're many, many presents it was our turn.
I opened up my box. In there was a pendant, I took it out, I opened it, there were pictures of Billie Joe, Adrienne, Joey, Jakob and a space for Hannah's picture. I looked on the back, engraved on it were the words:
'To Vicki,
Merry Christmas.
Love Billie Joe xxx
'
"Thanks Billie." I smiled and gave him a hug. Hannah got a pendant with an inscription on it too.
Billie opened his present and held up the eyeliner.
"You're not trying to take the piss are you?" he cocked his eyebrow. I laughed.
"No we just know how much you like your eyeliner." I smiled. I got a 'Big Sister/'Lil Sister' pendant off Hannah. I had the 'Big Sister' because I'm the oldest.

We had dinner and stuff, you know, the usual and we went to bed around two AM. I had real fun. I thought of what Billie had said,
"We're meeting all of Tré and Mike's family tomorrow." That should be fun!

----------------------
The explanation that Mike tells me about Basket Case - I'm sorry if its all wrong, but I read it somewhere so I shoved it in.