Status: Inconsistently updated, so don't really depend on this one having a new chapter very often.

What Doesn't Kill You

Next Bus

"The wheels on the bus go round and round, all through the town," I taunted. I bent over so I was level with his face. I couldn't stop smiling. Behind my back, I flipped open my knife. "The pig on the bus goes," I stabbed him in the stomach and he cried out. "Well that's not what sound a pig makes," I said. I smiled. "Maybe you could tell me what sound a pig makes," I said, turning to his partner, who was tied up right next to him. "What sound does a pig make?" I asked spitting out pig.

"U--uh," he said, starting to cry.

"That doesn't sound right either."

He started crying harder as i lightly ran my blade down his arm. He snorted in his cry. I leaned back and laughed. "That sounds about right."

"Wh-what do you want?" he asked.

My face hardened. "Justice," I said, kicking him so his head hit back against the pole. He was just unconscious. A cop as young as him couldn't be corrupted yet, anyways. The other one however, well he's been a naughty little piggy.

I looked down at him. Well, he was a naughty little piggy. I giggled as the blood pouring out of his mouth slowed.

I leaned down and pulled off his badge.

"Well, this is a nice little scene," I heard from behind me. I smirked. It was the Joker. I guess a bus pulled over on the side of the road would look pretty suspicious. Especially at this time of night. "That was a nice show you put on. The one on the left isn't dead yet."

I turned around. "I know."

He looked down at the badge in my hand. "Officer in training?"

"Souvenir," I corrected.

He laughed. "I like you. Would you like to know why?" I opened my mouth to speak and he cut me off. "I'll tell you why. You've got a sense of humor."

"So I've heard," I said, getting bored. Well, to be honest, I'm not actually bored. This is just adding excitement to my life.

He smiled and started walking forward. "I heard you joined a new little club."

I rolled my eyes. "As much as I like these little chats--"

"I don't like those little clubs. I'm better than them. And I'll make you an offer."

I looked at him. "Go on."

"I'll let you join my crew and I won't kill you."

I laughed pushed past him. "You still don't scare me, Jokey. You're a clown. I'm not five."

"So that's a no?" he asked in his weird little voice.

"What did you think my answer was going to be?" I asked, walking out the door.

I walked back to HQ. I want a calling card. Batman leaves bats everywhere. Joker leaves Joker cards. Ivy leaves greenery. The Riddler pretty much owns the question mark. I want a calling card.

I was walking past a dirty little pub, thinking of what my calling card would be, when I was tackled to the ground. "It wasn't an option," I heard, and something damp was placed over my mouth.

The next thing I remember was a dark room.
♠ ♠ ♠
"Next Bus" by This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb

I'm in a punk mood. Have been all week.

Someone please give me some feedback?