Status: Inconsistently updated, so don't really depend on this one having a new chapter very often.

What Doesn't Kill You

Bombshell

I moved my legs as much as I could. I shook my body furiously trying to get out. I loosened up my gag and started yelling.

"You stupid bastard! Get me the fuck out of here now! I sware! ..."

The door was kicked opened and startled me out of my shouting spree. "Yelling won't get you anywhere, dollface."

I growled, and continued to speak in a low voice. "Why am I here?"

He smiled at my glare, which made me even more angry. "I told you, you don't have a choice." He started laughing. "So, beautiful, now or later?"

What makes the Joker tick? I paused for a minute, pretending to think it over. "Okay. What do you want me to do?"

He looked taken aback. "Not give in yet!" he yelled, slamming the door on his way out.

I started laughing, loud enough to make sure he heard. Maybe I can beat him at his own game.

I calmed down enough to see if they removed all of my knives. I smiled. Typical guy move. The ones under my shirt; gone. The ones on my things; gone. The one against my calf; still there. I reached my arm down and pulled at it until I could pull it up. I cut the ropes and shimmied out.

I made sure to only cut them once so I could keep them whole and sturdy. I tied them together. It was pretty lengthy. And it would hold. The Joker must be into old-fashioned themes, because he used one of those damsel in distress-tied to a railroad ropes. I opened the window.

Well, I guess he doesn't go half-assed. Tallest tower ring a bell?

I sighed. This will be a toughie. I tied the rope to the bed post and dropped it out the window. It went a little more than halfway down, at which point there was a balcony. I could make this work.

I crawled out the window and held tightly onto the rope. I slowly scaled down the side until the rope ended. I jumped about seven feet down onto the balcony. Time to weigh my options.

1) Inside, through the house. Risky.
2) Jump all the way down. Deadly.
3) Try to jump from balcony to balcony. Risky and deadly.

I thought for another minute, then climbed over the railing. I crouched down and leapt to the balcony about two stories and two windows over. I landed on the balcony. Ouch. I scraped my arm up. Not too bad. I stood up and climbed over that rail, and jumped to the balcony four stories below the other window. That one was a pretty graceful landing. Next step was the ground floor, which had no balcony, but was three floors down instead of two.

I looked for the softest landing spot. Bushes: not as soft as they look. I decided on the little grassy area next to the bushes. I rolled my neck and leaned back for a minute. I looked inside and caught the eye of one of the Joker's cronies. He opened his mouth to yell and I beckoned him over to me.

"You... aren't you supposed to be in your room?"

"No. I complied. I'm joining you. I'm Amy. And you are?"

He looked relieved that he wouldn't have to get into it with me. "I'm An--"

I pushed him over the ledge so he landed on the ground. Well, now i have a soft landing!

I jumped down smoothly, only to see another clown-face running out of the house. A motorcycle pulled up and skidded to a stop next to me.

"I'm Alan! Get on!" he yelled, flipping up his motorcycle helmet. I looked at him. To trust or not to trust?

I looked behind me to see two more masked figures running towards the glass door. I jumped on the back, slipped the extra helmet on, and yelled, "gun it!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Heeey Operation Ivy!

I will be using them again.

Sorry I haven't been on in forever.

Comments? I understand if you don't. Bitch move not to update for like, two months.