The Tearing Sound Of Love Notes

Alley.

Later that day I walked into art class to see my table empty, Gerard wasn't there. I frowned and sat down as the bell rang and class begun.

[Later that day]

I rolled over in bed and looked at the bright red numbers that were lighting up my room. 12:43 A.M. I sighed and slowly sat up. I slipped out from under my covers and gently padded my way over to my dresser to throw on some clothes. I settled on a pair of skinny black jeans and a Smashing Pumpkins band tee. I grabbed my black hoodie with a pattern of skeleton bones on it. I threw my hair up into a ponytail and swiped some eyeliner on before walking over to my door. I pressed my ear against it, trying to hear my dad's movements. I heard slight snores coming from his room down the hall. I quietly opened my door and tip toed down the hall and out the front door, closing it soundlessly behind me.

Thankfully I brought my jacket because as soon as I stepped off the porch goosebumps sprang up on my arms. I looked up at the dark sky and saw dark clouds, it was most likely going to rain. I pulled my hoodie over my head and headed down the side walk. I walked along the abandoned city streets. It reminded my of that dream I had of Gerard. I heard some sobbing coming from down an alley. 'No way!' I thought as I saw Gerard at the end of the alley. I could barely see him. The street lights giving little light. His head was bowed, papers clasped in my hands. He must have cut his hair because it was shorter and there was a beached spot on top of his head with the rest jet black. [A/N : I really like his hair that way so that's how it's going to be in the story.] I heard another muffled sob as I slowly made my way towards him. He started to tear the papers in his hands, the sound quietly echoing down the alley. He slumped to the ground, his back against the wall, still tearing the papers. He must not have heard me because when I finally reached him, I set my hand on his trembling arm and he jumped. He head snapped up and he looked at m with tear brimmed eyes, one slowly sliding down his cheek.

'This is so like my dream!' I screamed at myself, but that didn't matter now. I just wanted to make him feel better. "Hi..." I whispered sitting down next to him. He dropped his head again and continued to tear the papers. "She cheated on me.." he whispered. My head snapped to look at him. "She-she fucked that asshole!" he continued a little louder this time. I sighed and wrapped my arm around his shoulder, bringing him into the warmth of my chest. He wrapped his arms around me, the papers still clutched tightly in his hands. We were in an akward postion but we didn't care. We stayed like that for awhile before he finally pulled away. Whipped his nose on his hoodie sleeve, his crying had stopped except for a few stray tears. "What are those?" I asked pointing at the papers in his hands. "Love notes...from her." He spat out the last word like it left a bad taste in his mouth. He started to ripped them again, more forcefully this time. We sat in silence, the only noise was the tearing sound of love notes.