Drunk on Shadows

Bird's With Broken Wings

After parties are never an enjoyable occasion for me; in most cases I didn't enjoy the actual party. The stench of alcohol added to the self-loving aristocrats of Hollywood, it was almost unbearable.
I gave a sympathetic look to the bartender as he handed me another cocktail, I would hate to been seen as a slave to these people.

"Another Scotch on the rocks" An arrogant male voice barked at the bartender, his words slurring.

"Sir, I think you've had enough for tonight"

I could see his face turn to anger when denied another drink. Alcohol was the worse kind of addiction, in my mind anyway.

"Does it look like I give a fuck what you think? Now pour the damn drink!" He almost fell to the floor as he tried to grab the bartender by the collar and missed.

"Look, you're obviously drunk, he can't serve you" I tried to intervene. His drunken stare was now fixed on me.

"I don't need your opi-" The sentence went unfinished, and all that he had drunk that night ended up in my lap. I stood up and gagged in disgust, the bartender handed me a cloth damp with water. The drunk grabbed a napkin and tried to help wipe up the vile regurgitation, but after only seconds he was vomiting into a bucket placed on the bar.

I sighed as I gave up on trying to wipe away the smell, the drunk now stood beside me repeating how sorry he was. I narrowed my eyes at him about to scream the most profound things, when the idiot passed out on me. I was almost crippled by his weight, I looked around for help, but none of the celebrities cared. Now it was the bartender giving me the sympathetic look. I couldn't just put him back on the bar stool...

Once again I sighed; I repositioned the drunk, slapped his face to bring about some consciousness then walked him out of the party. The valley-boy helped me load him into my car, which only caused more struggle for me when I had to get him back out again.

Finally I dropped him on the bed in my spare room; he kicked off his shoes and got comfortable.

The next morning I awoke to find him gone, I don't know if I was happy or sad about that, I'll choose angry. After all I did for him; he couldn't even make the bed! I was on my way to the kitchen when I heard the front door open, I almost screamed before realising it was the drunk from last night, carrying a tray of Starbucks.

"Uh, hi. I went to get coffee"

"I can see that"
It was a bit harsh, but it's the morning, and besides the guy thru up on me!

He smiled a little as he handed me the cup of coffee. I didn't smile in return, just stared at him; he's pretty attractive when he's not a drunken jerk.

"I really want to apologise for last night, I only remember some parts and from what I remember I was an-"

"Ass-hole all hopped up on whisky?" I butted-in.

He frowned at be before agreeing.

"Yeah, I really was an ass. I'm sorry, I'm not usually like that" He did seem honest, and he did seem nice.

"Why do you do it then?" The question kind of slipped, I didn't want to be that forward.

He looked at me as if he didn't understand, so I clarified. "Why do you drink, if you let yourself get that far?"

He sat on the couch and I followed, wanting to know why.

"Sometimes I don't like the reality of my life, and just need a... release"

"A good excuse, but it's still just an excuse"

"I want to make it up to you, what you did for me last night. I really am thankful"

I smiled at him, but wasn't sure I wanted to know him any further. He was like a bird with a broken wing, I wanted to help him when he needed me then let him fly away.

"I'm not sure..."

"Please, please, pleeease"

"Fine"

I gave in to his begging, it was cute, and the smile that followed was gorgeous.

"By the way I'm Shia Labeouf" He said as I lead him to the door, he had already gotten my mobile number and said he would call.

"Pippa Mitchells" I replied, then watched as he walked down the hall of my apartment building before closing the door.

Maybe after fixing the bird's wing I can keep it as a pet?
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't get to read thru this before I posted, please comment if there's any mistakes =]