Behind the Scene

It's Cool We're Just Friends

I took his hand and allowed him to take me to the dinning room. He dropped my hand when we entered the dinning room and sat at one the last two remaining chairs. I sat next to him and Nick. Paul, Sr. said grace and we began to eat.
"So Addison how has your summer been?" Denise asked.
"Okay." I said with a shrug.
"She hardly left the house." My mom said with a laugh.
"That's not true." I said glancing at Joe who was laughing into his food.
"Oh that's right you did go out one Friday with a boy." My mom said. I swear she is determined to ruin my life. The only good thing that came from her saying that is it made Joe stop laughing.
"What?" He asked frowning at me.
"It was nothing." I whispered to him.
"Who was it?" Joe asked looking down at his plate.
"Does it matter?" I mumbled under my breath.
"No." Joe said sadly.
"Joe-" I started to say but was interrupted by Kevin.
"So Addy you have a boyfriend." Kevin said glancing at Joe.
"No." I said glaring at Kevin.
"What happen with the boy you went on date with?" Kevin asked ignoring my glare.
"Nothing." I said with a shrug.
"May I be excused?" Joe asked suddenly.
"If you want." Denise said.
Joe got up and walked up the stairs and few seconds later we heard him slam his door.
"What's wrong with him?" Kevin asked.
"Can I go too?" I asked pushing my chair back.
"Sure." Denise said with a nod.
I walked up to Joe's room and opened the door. Joe was sitting on his bed strumming his guitar.
"You alright?" I asked sitting across from him on Kevin's bed.
"Yeah." Joe said.
"Are you sure?" I asked.
"Yes I'm sure. Just leave me alone Addy." Joe said looking up at me.
"Fine." I said standing up and walking out of the room. I walked down the stairs and out the front door ignoring the confused looks from everyone.
"Addy!" I heard Joe call from behind me. I continued to walk quickly to my house.
"Addy please stop!" Joe said grabbing my arm. I stopped when I reached my deck.
"What?" I asked turning to face him. "You wanted me to leave you alone." I said pulling my arm out of his grasp.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it." Joe said running a hand through his hair.
"Sounded like you meant it." I mumbled. I looked around and saw a couple of fire flies and heard a dog bark down the street.
"I was upset." Joe said suddenly embarrassed.
I turned my attention back to Joe."Why?" I asked puzzled.
"Never mind." Joe said.
Joe wasn't acting like himself and I wanted to know why.
"Lets go for a walk." Joe said.
I nodded and began walking towards one of our favorite places. The park down the street from our houses. When we arrived at the park Joe sat on one of the swings and looked up at the stars. I stood by the swings watching Joe waiting for him to talk. I remember when we met at this park almost thirteen years ago.
"I'm sorry I got so upset. I'm really confused right now and i think that's making me moody." Joe said finally.
"What are you confused about?" I asked.
Joe looked at me for a second in deep thought. Then he got off the swing and stood in front of me. He took my right hand in both of his. We held each others eyes while Joe spoke.
"I want to tell you but right now isn't a good time. Let me figure something's out first, ok?" He asked me.
"Ok." I said.
"Come on everyone will be looking for us." Joe said pulling me back towards his house.

That night I stayed at the night at Joe's house. I do that when ever I can. Most of the time Joe and I stay in the living room so we can stay up and watch movies.
I walked past Joe's room and over heard my name. I stayed out of sight but I was close enough to hear everything Joe and Kevin were talking about. I mean come on wouldn't you want to hear what they were talking about.
"You have to tell her." Kevin said.
"No. I don't want to ruin our friendship." Joe said. I sould hear the sad tone in his voice.
"She would want to know you love her."
When Kevin said that I had to stop myself from gaspping out loud.
"She doesn't love me back."
If he only knew I was madly in love with him.
"Joe." Kevin said. I could just picture him shaking his head.
I heard the bed creak then joe came out the door and saw me. His eyes went wide then he glared at me.
"Were you listening to me and Kevin?" Joe asked.
"No. I was coming to find you." I said smiling weakly.
"Whatever. Lets start the movie."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know the story is moving kind of slow but I need to start somewhere.
Disclaimer: I do not own the Jonas Brothers.
chapter title from Jonas Brothers Just Friends