Behind the Scene

People Change And Promises Are Broken

Two weeks. That's how long I've had to pretend to have fun in New Jersey. Tonight we are going to a concert I'm not sure which one. I've heard people talking about it but I haven't been paying attention to the town gossip.
"Addison are you ready?" Shane asked outside my bathroom door.
"Yeah."
I checked myself one last time in the mirror. I was going super casual jeans, black and white tank top, and my favorite black and white converse. For make-up my usual black eye liner and lip gloss. Like I said casual.
"Is that what you're wearing?" My mom asked. She was dressed really nice.
"Yeah. Its just a concert." I said. I glanced at Charles he was dressed up too.
"What's going on?" I asked glaring at my mom.
"We are going to dinner with some friends of Charles." My mom said proudly looking at Charles.
"The people that help support my business." Charles added.
"Do I have to go?" I asked.
"Yes." My mom said in away that clearly said no arguing.

Did you know plastic surgery is extremely boring to talk about? That's all I've heard for the past hour and a half. Some of it has been really gross. The doctor's wives seemed nice and tried talking to my mom but they didn't have much in common.
`
Finally we are on our way to the concert. We pulled into the parking lot of the concert hall and are driving towards the back of the building. That's when I see the sign announcing the performers.
"Stop the car!" I yelled.
Charles put on the brake and we came to a stop.
"What's wrong?" My mom asked looking at me strangely.
"I want to leave now!" I said taking my seatbelt off.
"Addison please." My mom said irritated.
"Come on Addy." Shane said rolling his eyes.
"He was your best friend for years! What happened that made you hate him so much?" My mom asked locking my door again.
I didn't answer instead I glared at my mom.
"Just take a breath." My mom said smiling at me.
Come to find out we have backstage passes for after the show. My life sucks. I'm sitting right in front of the stage and Joe's microphone. Did I mention my life sucks?
"Try and enjoy this." My mom whispered to me.
"Not a chance." I mumbled.
The lights went out and everyone screamed. Demi Lovato came on stage to aplause she did her opening act and left the stage. There was a short intermission and the lights went out again. The screaming was louder this time so loud I had to cover my ears. Three spot lights illuminated the stage and three boys stood there. My breath caught in my throat when I saw Joe. He smiled to the crowed and looked at the room. I knew he couldn't see me but I felt like he could.
"Hello everyone!" Kevin said into his microphone.
The crowd of teenage girls screamed in response.
"Lets get this going." Nick said.
"I know you guys know this one." Joe laughed into the microphone.
The opening cords to "S.O.S" started, "I told you I made dinner plans. For you and me and no one else..." Nick sang. Everyone in the arena was singing at the top of their lungs.
The sound of Joe's voice made my heart beat faster then normal. Man have I missed that voice. He used to sing me to sleep at night and when he was gone over the phone. Watching them dance around on stage made me laugh they are so hyperactive.
"Call I'll never get." Nick finished the song.
Right away the next song started. This one I had never heard before.
"I'll pick you up at seven we can drive around and see a movie..." Joe sang.
The song ended to a roar of applause.
"That was one of our new songs we wanted to try on you, "BB Good," Kevin said smiling at the crowd again. "This is a new song too, but I know you've heard it."
"I'm hot your cold, you go around like you know who I am, but you don't, you've got me on my toes." Joe sang. He danced around like crazy for this one and so did Nick. Kevin wasn't dancing as crazy as his brothers, but he was close.
The crowed cheered and screamed. Joe and his brothers left the stage for a short brake, but Joe said he had a surprise for them.
"Do you want to go back stage?" Charles asked cautiously.
"Yeah. I want to see Nick and Kevin." I said standing up.
"Are you having a little fun?" My mom asked as we walked backstage.
"A little." I said. We were taken to a sitting room to wait.
The door opened and Denise Jonas walked in.
"Charity!" Denise yelled hugging my mom.
"Hello Denise." My mom said hugging her back.
"How are you?" Denise asked.
"Good. Denise this is Charles." My mom introduced them.
Denise shook Charles hand then turned to me.
"Wow Addison you are so grown up!" Denise said.
"Denise this is my boyfriend Shane." I said introducing them. They greeted each other then Denise went back to my mom.
"Where is everyone else?" I asked.
"Right here." Frankie Jonas said running in and giving me a hug.
"Frankie you are so big!" I exclaimed.
Frankie smiled up at me then gave my mom a hug. Paul Sr. gave me hug next.
"Hey Addy." Kevin said giving me a big hug.
"It's so good to see you Kevin." I said.
I hugged Nick next. Joe stepped right past me to my mother. We didn't acknowledge each other when he past.
"Guys this my boyfriend Shane," I said. "Shane this is Nick and Kevin they are like my brothers."
They shook hands and Shane smiled but I could tell it was forced.
"How are you?" I asked smiling at them.
"Great. Well we are Joe hasn't been the same. We think Lisa has something to do with that." Nick said glancing at Joe.
"Who's Lisa?" I asked. Just then the door opened and a girl with short blond hair walked in. She was wearing a mini skirt and stiletto heels and a blue tank top, and to much make-up. I noticed Shane watch her as she walked by.
"That's Lisa." Kevin said in disgust.
She walked up to Joe and practically threw herself at him. Denise visibly cringed at the sight. She and my mom moved to the other side of the room.
"You know I think I've seen her before," I said mainly to myself, "Are they dating?"
"On fortunately yes." Nick said shaking his head.
Then it clicked. The pictures I saw of Joe cheating on me she was the girl in them.
"I can't believe it." I whispered.
"I know we can't either. He won't dump her even after we told him what she was like. A real video girl." Nick said sadly.
"Video girl?" I asked.
"You will find out soon enough." He smiled at me knowingly.
I watched Joe and Lisa for second. I noticed he looked bored as she rambled on he was looking around the room and his eyes landed on me. he looked at me like he didn't know me. I closed my eyes and felt the tear roll down my cheek. I knew it would hurt to see him, but I couldn't help the need to see him.
i wiped the tear away and opened my eyes. Nick and Kevin were talking to Shane. Paul and Charles and my mom and Denise were talking. Lisa sat alone on the couch looking angry.
"We need to talk." Joe said from behind me.
"No we don't Joe." I said turning around.
♠ ♠ ♠
so we meet Joe's new girlfriend....drama?
Disclaimer: I do not own the Jonas Brothers.
comment
thanks
x)
chapter title from Jonas Brothers Take A Breath