Colors

Breathe In

12 years ago . . .

"Matthew look, look!" I ran to him excitedly. Matthew quickly looked at me with a bright smile on his face.

"Yeah, what is it Hyacinth?" I looked at his eyes and jumped on him causing him to fall to the floor and entangle us together on my small bed. Both of us laughing crazily from what just happened. I always got Matthew. Tricking him was beginning to be to easy. We had been best friends since birth. Our parents had known each other since highschool, and put Matthew and I together all the time.

Matthew was older than I by a year, so we didn't have classes together. So as soon as school was over his mother always brought him straight over to my house, every since I was born it’s been like this, even after five years. Even though we were only five years old, Matthew and I knew there was something different about the both of us.

We knew that when we were with other people we didn't feel the same way about them then we felt about each other. Of course we didn't really know what it was we were really feeling at that age, but we just so happy at each others presence.

"Hyath haha you got me again" he laughed ecstatically in my arms.

"Yup! Cause I love Matthew!"

"Hyacinth when we grow up we'll be just like our mummy and daddy, we'll get married and be together always!"

"Okay, pinky promise?"

"Sure, pinky promise . . . " then we laced our finger together.

One month later . . .

"Mommy where's Matthew?" I asked worriedly. My mother had been very sad lately and looked as if she had been crying.

"Honey . . . Umm . . . you see the West moved very far away . . . " she said with a hint of sadness and as if she was very scared.

"Mommy . . . what do you mean?!" I asked angrily with tears falling down my cheeks
.
"I'm sorry honey but they already moved, you can't see Matthew again." She said with sympathy. She was of course going through a lot, her best friend as well moved away. But Matthew was more than a best friend to me. They just moved quickly out of the UK and didn't even tell my mum or dad where they had gone.

It seems that Matthew's dad got in trouble with his job and had to flee to America. Soon after my family and I moved to America to and I hoped to find Matthew, but I never saw him again.

Present Day . . .

My eyes went wide, this guy couldn't be Matthew, could it? I moved my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. The guy watched in amusement at my attempt to speak. Finally, I said what I was trying to say.

"Is your name Matthew West . . . ?" I asked hesitantly. The look on his face looked slightly shocked and confused.

"Why yes it is . . . how do you know that?" he asked worriedly.

"Why did you come to my house?" I asked in the same tone as he asked his question before.

"Well even though I asked a question first I’ll answer yours, your father wanted me to make a new cover for one of the band's new record he works with. Now can you answer my question." He asked nicely.

"I'm Hyacinth James . . . , do you remember me?"

"Hyacinth..........I don't think so, but I have this feeling that I remember you." He said nonchalantly, even with that it somewhat hurt that he hadn't remembered. So I wanted to help him remember.

I grabbed his pinky and intertwined it with mine raising it between us and near our faces. Then I fluttered my eyes close and whispered the words.

"When we grow up we''ll be just like our mummy and daddy, we'll get married and be together always!" then I slowly open my eyes to look at him, his eyes grew wider just as mine had when I remembered.

I knew that if I phrased what he had told me 12 years ago, it would trigger something. He instantly swept me off my feet and hugged me tightly. I nuzzled my face to his neck and smiled on it. That made him do the same to my neck then lightly kiss my neck, making me instantly loose my breath.

"The last time I saw you we were at Europe........"he said trailing off. then he made a big inhale. leaving me wondering why he was inhaling so hard.

"just curious, but why did you just take a huge inhale?" I asked giggling, bringing a soft warm breath on my neck and his lips brushing on my neck as well as he chuckled. the sensation I felt from his breath made me crazy.

"I’m just so intoxicated in you scent, love" finally we released each when a knock came from the door, without looking I went over to open the door with Matthew's arm draped around my waist following. As soon as I opened the door my smile was wiped off instantly that formed a frown.

At the door was a very shocked and mixed with hurt looking face. I was so caught up with Matthew that I forgot about my boyfriend, Jorge, His eyes were a little watery and I was flooded with guilt. While Matthew was still holding my waist and pulled me closer to him like he was showing the guy that I was his "property." Sadly, Matthew didn't know that I had a boyfriend. Now I was in a really bad situation.

I quickly thought of something to say, but needed up saying whatever popped in my head.

"Umm....Jorge this is Matthew my childhood friend and I think we should break up."I said as quickly as possible. Jorge just stood there stunned as Matthew did to, but Jorge instantly walked away looking extremely angry as he turned. Matthew had dropped his arm around my waist as soon as I told that to Jorge. I was in deep now.

"You had a boyfriend!"Matthew said frustratedly, I can tell he was trying to hold in his anger.

"Yes, but it wasn't working out anyway!"

"But still you kissed me and just, you had a boyfriend!"

"I’m sorry, I couldn't help it. your not just anyone, I’ve been attached to you ever since I was born!"

"I know, but still I just don't like cheating."

"I know, but its over now, I’m not with him."

"okay your right, umm lets go sit down." I was so glad that he let it go, but still what were we? he hadn't asked me out or anything, so are we just going to continue being friends like when we were little?

I brushed the thought aside, because as long as he was here that's all that mattered......right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment-Feedback Please! Please! <3

Music: Maps by Yeah Yeah Yeahs