You Definitely Have My DNA

002

"Ha ha, Jamia, Frank wants one already." Alicia mocked. "Go give him one." She winked and Jamia playfully smacked Alicia's arm.

"Someone's not ready just yet," Bob laughed quietly. "Though, Frank is good with kids..." Everybody looked at Frank and how he interacted with Emma. Emma was still clutching my right leg, while Frank tried to get her to come to him. Nothing. "Yeah, he's really good with kids." Everyone laughed and Frank pouted.

"I don't think she likes me," Frank said. "How could she not like me? I'm like twenty times cooler than Mikey!"

"Ch'yeah and twenty times scarier than me," Mikey scoffed. "What five year old girl wouldn't be scared of those?" Mikey pointed at Frank's many tattoos and his piercing. I felt Emma grip on my right leg tightly. I looked at her and she returned the stare. She was scared of Frank, she was scared of the new people she was meeting. To her, they're not normal, they look freaky and weird. Emma's grandmother told me how she almost never had contact with people. She went to pre-school, but she never interacted with the kids there.

"Gerard," Ray spoke. I looked at him. "Emma seems scared of her surroundings." I nodded and I saw Emma's eyes look at the tall man in front of her.

"Emma, this is Ray." I said, putting my hand on Ray's shoulder. "He's one of the normal people, just with a huge afro." Ray knelt to Emma's level and extended his hand. Emma slowly and carefully let go of my leg and shook Ray's hand.

"Hai, Ray-kun" Emma said, and everyone, including me just went, 'aww'. "Daddy-kun, I need to pee." Emma crossed her leg tightly. I told Jamia to take Emma to the bathroom. I would have taken my daughter, but I'm a guy. I'd feel uncomfortable, so it was normal for me to ask Jamia. I would have also asked Alicia, but she was 'scary' to Emma and Emma gladly took Jamia's hand anyway.

"She's so adorable! But she doesn't want to go near me." Frank said. Mikey, once again, pointed at Frank's tattoos. "So, do I have to like wear sweat shirts around her?" Everyone nodded. "Damn, I hate those things. They're itchy and.. yeah."

"It's either that or Emma will never go near you." Bob said. "Oh so sad, Emma doesn't like her Uncle Frank." Frank showed his tongue to Bob and Bob laughed.

Then, Jamia and Emma returned. Emma, as fast as her little legs carried her, hurried to me. She stretched her arms up. At first, I didn't know what that meant until Alicia pointed out that Emma wanted to be carried... So I bent and carried my little girl.

"Daddy-kun, why didn't you take me to the bathroom?" Emma asked. I looked at her, blinking. "It's tradition for daddy-kuns to take their daughters to the bathroom as a child, daddy-kun."

"Oh, right. She's Japanese, isn't she Gerard?" Jamia asked. Emma and I nodded. "Yeah, it's also tradition that a father and a daughter take a bath together. But that tradition only applies when they are two all the way up to when they're eleven."

"Oh..." I said. Frank, Mikey, Bob, and Ray roared in laughter. I looked at Emma. "Ha...ha, I have to fulfill those, right?"

"Well, technically, yeah," Jamia replied. "You want to nurture her Japanese culture too, so you have to do that tradition as well." Fuck, I thought. This is shit will be hard.

"By the way," I spoke. "I have to get Emma settled in. So what don't you all go to where you were all once and leave me and my daughter alone." Everyone laughed and walked away. When Emma and I were left, I let out a sigh of relief.

"Daddy-kun," Emma spoke. I looked at her and kissed her forehead. "I'm sleepy."

"Don't worry, sweetie," I assured her. "Your room is all done. We just need to fix your clothes in."

"Okay," Emma yawned and nestled her head on my shoulder.

Damn, even her yawns are adorable, I thought to myself. Ugh, guys would be all over her in high school.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha, I really don't Japanese traditions that much, but I always see those in mangas (:
So I got the impression of the father and daughter thing in there... Haha.

Sorry for the long wait, here it is :D
Comments are love .