Unbelievably Brilliant, Undoubtedly Impossible

chapter one;

Andrea Wells moved to England for one reason, freedom. Andrea was so sick of not standing up for herself. She was the stereotypical quiet girl and she planned on changing that very fast.

Andrea bought a one-way ticket to London, England, packing as many clothes that would fit into two suitcases. She cashed the money that would be going towards her university tuition, but she scratched the university route after one year.

Andrea’s family were shocked that she was leaving everything she had known for 20 years, to move to a new city, a new country. Hell, a new continent.

She wanted to escape the pressure that her family was constantly putting on her. Pressure that had been put on her at a very young age. Her family expected so many things out of her; good grades, winning every sport and so much more.

Andrea never doubted her plan of going to England, no on the bus to the Lester B. Pearson International Airport (Toronto International). Not on the seven hour plane ride to London, England.Not in the London Heathrow Airport. Scratch that. The second Andrea stepped on English soil, she start freaking out. How could she even think she could pull this incrediblybrilliant stupid plan off?

Andrea was trying to figure out her options, but nothing was coming to mind. She was aimlessly walking to pick up her luggage, when she wasn’t watching where she was walking.

Crap. She thought to herself. She hated talking to strangers, but that was going to change today.

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry! Are you okay?” Andrea asked, extending a helping hand to the stranger.

“So, it is true. Canadians are one of the politest people in the world,” the stranger said sarcastically, ignoring Andrea’s hand.

Andrea’s face fell, not knowing what to say. The stranger started laughing, “Oh, don’t worry! I was only poking fun at you.”

Andrea let out a sigh of relief, “I’m Andrea. Andrea Wells.”

“Pleased to meet you, Andy. I’m Michelle Davies, but you can call me Misch.”

Andrea nodded, completely shocked she had already made a friend and she had only been in the country five minutes.

“So what’s a quiet girl like you doing in a big city like London?”

Andrea snapped out of her thoughts and got defensive, “I am not a quiet girl and I should be asking you the same question.”

Michelle laughed, “This is going to be the start of a great friendship.”

And with that, Michelle threw her arm around Andrea and the two girls walked out of the airport together.

That day took place almost four months ago. Michelle and Andrea became best friends, flat-mats and co-workers; placed in that order. The pair worked at a local sports store, which they both loved. It was at this store where they would meet their third flat-mate/best friend; Rachel Everson. Andrea grew into a whole new person, Michelle helped her transform into an outgoing girl. While Rachel helped with a whole new wardrobe.

None of the three girls were going to school; so there was plenty of time to go to different sporting events and day trips across the country. The girls got a surprise at work one day, when their boss; a retired soccer player, announced he had tickets to go see Wimbledon. Andrea immediately refused, which earned confused looks from Michelle and Rachel.

“Andy, you love tennis!” Michelle quickly said.

“Yah, and you like know all of the player’s names,” Rachel squealed.

Andrea shot them nervous looks, “Well, I like watching tennis at home, on the tv.”

Michelle shot her a look that said “we’re-going-to-talk-about-this-when-we-get-home.”

Rachel ripped the tickets out of their boss’ hands, “We’d love to go!”

“Great! The tickets are for the final. Enjoy!”

When their shift was over, the three girls piled into Michelle’s old, beat up Mini Cooper and drove to their flat. The drive was very tense because Michelle kept shooting glares at Andrea through the rear-view mirror. While, Rachel was complaining about the weather.

Michelle pulled Andrea into her room the second they got home, “You have some explaining to do.” Andrea glared at Michelle; their friendship would be one that would be called the “love-hate.”

“I have nothing to explain,” Andrea snapped. And with that she stormed off to her room to attempt to organize her thoughts.

Andrea spent the next couple weeks cooped up in her room, only coming out for food and work. Andrew wished that the two weeks had gone by slower, because before she knew it, it was the day of the Wimbledon Men’s Single Final. The three girls made the trip to “The All England Lawn Tennis Club.”

They were suddenly immersed into a world centered around tennis.
A world that Andrea was all too familiar with.
And one that Andrea had escaped four years before.