Unbelievably Brilliant, Undoubtedly Impossible

chapter nine;

Rafa awoke to the sun shining in his eyes, a beautiful morning to accompany a beautiful night. He turned to see Andrea; looking angelic as she slept on. Rafa brushed away a strand of Andrea’s hair; Andrea stirred slighty. He quietly slipped out of the bed and went to the bathroom; to get ready for the day.

Andrea was fully awake when Rafa brushed her hair away; she just pretended to be asleep. In reality, she was freaking out. She had just slept with Rafael Nadal. The tennis phenomenon. But more importantly; her tennis coach. Andrea wrapped the sheet around her and walked to the balcony to witness the sights of Madrid before her. So much had happened in the last week; it was mind-boggling.

Suddenly, Andrea felt someone’s presence behind her; she turned around to see a beaming Rafa. She blushed, feeling self-conscious as she was only wearing a bed sheet.

“How did you sleep?” Rafa asked quietly.

“About the same as you,” Andrea playfully replied.

Rafa nodded and brought Andrea into his arms, “We have a tough week ahead of us. Training in Mallorca and then the tournament in Stuttgart.”

Andrea sighed, “So that means I have two weeks of torture ahead of me?”

Rafa laughed, “Of course mi querido.”

Andrea smiled, but her smile didn’t reach her eyes.

Rafa and Andrea packed up their bags, and found themselves on a plane once again. This time heading for Rafa’s hometown of Manacor. Andrea was distant on the plane ride, spending the whole trip looking out the window; not straying once. Rafa was worried, what had he done wrong?

The plane landed in the early evening; the glowing sun shone on their faces as they exited the plane. Andrea reached for her sunglasses when they walked through the airport, which earned a laugh from Rafa.

“You won’t be needing those.” Rafa smirked.

Andrea gave him a puzzled look, “But what about the media?”

“They respect me here; they won’t be bothering us this week. But don’t expect this kind of treatment everywhere else.”

The taxi ride to Rafa’s family’s home was the same as the flight; Andrea stared out the window and Rafa was left pondering.

Andrea suddenly felt someone very close to her, she breathed in sharply.

“Don’t worry, mi querido. I want to apologize….” Rafa started to say.

“About what?” Andrea whispered.

“Last night. We both made mistakes; it should have never happened.”

Andrea nodded, not meeting Rafa’s gaze. The tears started softly streaming down her face.

Rafa sighed, “Mi querido, don’t cry. Just pretend like it never happened.”

Just like everything else, Andrea thought to herself.

“Now dry your eyes, because we’re here.”

Andrea looked up to a magnificent house, with Rafa’s family awaiting outside to meet their favourite son.

Rafa helped Andrea out of the car, his hand lingering on her back. Andrea pulled away from Rafa; he was making this hard on her. How was she supposed to pretend like it never happened, when Rafa was right there?

Rafa seemed to be glowing, now that he was with his family. Andrea, on the other hand seemed a little nervous and uncomfortable. As if she didn’t belong in this setting.

Andrea was awestruck of the Nadal household, she spent the rest of the evening just wandering around the house. But she felt most at home in the library; she loved reading poetry. And reading it in Spanish made her feel even better.

The peace and serenity that enveloped Andrea was suddenly broken, as she heard the door creak open. “How did I know I would find you here?”

Andrea didn’t look up, thinking it was Rafa; and continued reading. Suddenly, the book was closed and out of Andrea’s hands.

“I asked you a question.”

Andrea gasped, and looked up to see Uncle Toni, “Toni! I’m sorry…I thought you were Rafa.”

“I guess that answers my question.”

Andrea stayed quiet, clamping her jaw shut.

Toni laughed, “It’s time for supper, and the whole family is waiting for you.”

Andrea’s eyes grew wide, “How long have they been waiting?”

Toni laughed again, “Don’t worry, supper was just called. I thought I’d make sure that you heard.”

Andrea smiled at Toni’s sincerity. “Well thank you. I’m starving.”

“Then you came to the right household. Let’s go,” Toni said, extending his arm to Andrea.

Andrea smiled again, this time at Toni’s chivalrous manner. Andrea felt happy for the first time since she had arrived at the Nadal household when she was walking with Toni to dinner.

As soon as she stepped into the dining room; her shyness came back and she remained quiet. Rafa attempted to talk to her, but she gave one word responses. The only person that was able to get her to talk was Toni.

The dinner was spectacular; Mrs. Nadal really knew how to cook, but the main event was still to come.

Rafa got up to help clean the table, but was shooed away by his sisters and mother. Rafa sulked back into his seat; he wanted to show Andrea that he was a gentleman; he wanted to change her perception of him.

“Rafa, dear. We have a surprise for you!”

Rafa’s eyes lit up, “Did you make my favourite dessert?”

Mrs. Nadal chuckled, “No…Something even better than dessert.”

“Xisca!”

Both Rafa’s and Andrea’s jaws dropped.
♠ ♠ ♠
i don't like this chapter very much.
i think it's because this is sorta a filler...