Dead or Alive

Crazy

Gerard’s POV

We were sitting in the building on the outskirts of town, and it was only a few hours until sunset. Mikey and Bob had taken to playing childish games in the empty corridors marvelling in their newfound speed and strength. On the other end of the scale Frank and Ray had chosen a more sensible way of spending their time. Sleeping. I was trying to sleep but the thing that was distracting me wasn’t Mikey and Bobs childish manner or Rays snoring it was the smell. The smell which I had recognised coming of the girl. Not human. Not Vampire. I had become to smell it again and all my senses urged me to follow it to see what creature I would find but something held me back. It could only be the guilt that still shadowed over me. Last time I had smelt it I had let my instincts take over and I had completely destroyed everything we had worked for in those few weeks. But the scent was growing nearer. I could feel the presence of the creature and in time I realised it must have smelt us as well. With that knowledge fear erupted in my heart and I woke up Ray and Frank and called in the idiots from the hall.

“Guys it may sound crazy but I think something is after us, something that isn’t Wraith though. I smelt it on the friend of the girl I took and I can smell it again, but its getting closer and I thought that maybe it had smelled us too. Its bloody possible.” They cringed at my choice of words, on reflection it probably wasn’t the best idea in the current circumstances.

“I think your right Gee. I can smell something like wet dog and I am not joking when I say it bloody

Stinks.”

“I thought that way Rays hair.” Joked Bob, which earnt him a brick in the face from a very unappreciative Ray.

“Oy!! Just because we are indestructible doesn’t mean that it doesn’t hurt.”

“Good” mumbled Ray.

“Guys!! This is no time to be arguing” I screamed.

“I vote we follow the scent.”

“Agreed.” Mikey replied. So after about five minutes we were all ready to leave and track the scent which was possibly tracking us. Dangerous? Probably.

Mikey’s POV



We were getting nearer, we could smell them in the air, it made me want to gag but there was nothing I could do about it. At least out in the fresh night air it wasn’t so bad but it was still strong enough to track. We had been running for about 10 minutes and must have covered hundreds of miles and we were so close. The smell was upon us and that was our only hint before they jumped on us with snarling teeth and sharp claws which dug into my back leaving me breathless. Damn! Werewolves? I didn’t believe in them, but now I think about it I hadn’t believed in Vampires several months ago. I could hear the others fight against them and as soon as I regained self control I lashed out. I managed to jump onto the back of one of the larger ones and I sank my teeth into his warm fur, it tasted disgusting but as his blood started to gush, I knew it was only seconds before my venom overpowered his system. It did. As he fell I felt a surge of Pride in myself and momentarily forgot about the battle. I was brought back to reality hard and fast when I heard Ray scream. I spun around and saw him lying on the floor clutching his neck. Our weakest point. There was a bloodless gash and the wolf wasn’t letting off. Anger grew in the pit of my stomach, I had already lost the rest of my family and friends when we were transformed and I knew I could never see them again, I was dead to them and now this fucking beast was killing one of the only four people who knew how I felt. They were as good as family, and damn it Gerard was, and I wasn’t going to just stand and watch Ray die. I jumped onto the back of the wolf and more forcefully and aggressively than necessary bit his neck making sure it was deep and painful, within seconds the wolf dropped dead and my anger turned to concern. I rushed over and noticed Rays neck was a mangled mess and anger churned in my stomach.

Rays POV

I just wanted it to stop. What was that thing; I didn’t even get a chance to see it. All I knew is that Mikey had saved my life even though I still wasn’t sure if I was going to die or not. Then everything went blurry and then black as I fell into darkness, waiting for death to take me.



Esmerelda’s POV

I watched it all from a distance. There were five against 4. The cold ones overcame the wolves and one was gravely wounded.

“Bring him here.” Was her reply.

“Are you sure it’s a good idea to bring their kind here?”

“Don’t argue Esmerelda, I know what I am doing. Jess will fulfil her prophecy and overcome the cold ones, once and for all, but they will first help us out with our little problem.”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment!!!!!