Darkness

Shine On

"Hey JD,"Pierre came into the house and kissed me on the cheek as he walked by. Currently I was on the computer trying to figure out the quickest route to the next meet that would avoid construction and everything.
"Hey,"I sighed not taking my eyes off the computer, "I made some cookies if you want any."
"Thanks,"He smiled from the kitchen.

I finished looking up what I needed then logged off so I could stand up and stretch. I walked into the kitchen to get a Diet Coke then turned to Pierre.

"So how was your day?"I asked taking a sip off the can.
"Good,"He sighed,"Yours?"
"Good, well except for figuring out routes, hotels and all that shit,"I smiled,"I'm so glad that I'm not going to the next one."
"I know because I'm kidnapping you,"He smirked back.
"Hey I need a vacation just as much as the next coach,"I sat on the counter to look at him.
"The guys are coming over at 7."
I looked up at the clock on the wall to see that it was 4,"Do I have to cook?"
"No,"He shook his head,"Chuck's picking up take out."
"Good,"I smiled,"I'm going to go change real quick, I'll be back."

I went up to my room to changed into some black jeans, a Heartburns t-shirt, and no shoes, I mean I wasn't going outside and I hated wearing shoes when I didn't have to. My phone beeped at me as I walked out the door so I went to go check it. It was a missed call from my mom, wonder what that was. I shrugged, stuffed the phone into my pocket and headed back down the stairs to see David and Seb already down there. Seb, the man who everytime, he smiled or walked past me, my heart would secretly skip a beat. Oh how I got lost in those eyes and loved speaking french to him just to hear his accent.

David turned on my stereo which happened to be on The Outfield's "Your Love" which I happen to love, although I love the Midtown version too, either way it's a killer song. I started dancing and singing along to it which was something I loved to do.

"JD, you're crazy you know that right?"asked David with a smile.
"Looks who's talking,"I stuck my tongue out at him.
He faked looking hurt as I sat down next to Seb who just laughed.
"Oh you think I'm crazy too?"I play glared at him.
"Of course, all Romanian French people are crazy,"He laughed.
"I don't know if I like you all that much,"I pouted and turned away from him.
"Aww, J don't be like that,"Seb turned towards me and starting tickling me.
"Stop....Stop....it....Seb!"
"Do you hate me?"He laughed still tickling me.
"No!"I laughed so hard I couldn't stop myself.
"Damn, just ruin my fun,"Seb pouted.
"I know huh?"I smirked as I got up and the song changed to Ryan Cabrera's "Shine On." As I walked away from him, he got up from the couch and grabbed my hand, he hung his fingers off my belt loops as we walked back into the kitchen.

The thing is, we're always doing things like that, only I hope he doesn't notice how my heart skips a beat when he hugs me, or how my pulse races when he touches me in some way. And if that failed, I hope he doesn't notice the stupid smile I get on my face every time he makes me feel like I'm the only one in the room.