Soul and Redemption

Chapter 20 – The Forces of Light

- “Sagathor!!!” a mysterious voice came.
- “Who said that?” Sagathor asked frantically.
- “Over here.” The voice continued.
Sagathor then realised that the voice came from the soul star. He took it out and looked at it.
- “I am Pekswyn. What you’re holding right now is a relic that keeps my soul safe. My brother and sisters however have been absorbed by dark Lord Wanzou and acquired their power…”
- “Wait a minute. Who are you?” Sagathor got confused.
- “I am a warrior of light, along with my siblings. You’ll need my powers if you are to stop Lord Wanzou.”
Sagathor suddenly felt a strong surge of power pulse through him. He could see things he usually wouldn’t ever notice, he could think like the way he never did, he had knowledge that was never there.
- “Wow! This feels good.” Sagathor got amazed.
- “Sagathor, what’s going on?” Xylia asked.
- “Hang on!” Sagathor said and then hovered into the air.
Xylia couldn’t believe what she was seeing when Sagathor hovered. Sagathor outstretched his left hand and opened it in front of himself. Wanzou at this moment collected all the dark energy that he needed and released it all out. Sagathor however stopped the outburst of dark energy and sucked it into his palm.
- “How did you do that?!” Wanzou couldn’t believe it.
- “By the names of Reeus, Vada, Klente and Pekswyn - the warriors of light, you shall perish in your own hellfire once and for all.” Sagathor said in a weird voice and shined with a blinding light.
- “Wow! How DID he learn that?” Xylia got amazed.
Sagathor at this moment readied his axe, flew towards Wanzou, swinging his axe as hard as he could and split Wanzou vertically all the way from top to bottom. Wanzou began to scream and began burning madly. The flames were eating him up and absorbing him. The fissure created by him had closed up and Xylia could now come close to Sagathor.
- “Sagathor, nice moves!” she said.
- “It wasn’t me. It was Pekswyn. He’s inside me.”
At this stage 3 lights flew out of dying Wanzou – red, yellow and blue. The blue one spoke:
- “Well done. You’ve managed to team up with our brother and defeat the dark Lord. The forces of light can triumph once again.”
At this moment Pekswyn’s soul exited Sagathor’s body and he saw a green light reunite with the others and all 4 lights disappeared into the darkness.
- “So warriors of light had helped us?” Xylia asked.
- “Yes, now we must get out of here before it’s too late.” Sagathor said.
- “I agree with you.”
Two of them then headed for a tunnel. It wasn’t the one they came from. This one actually led upwards and at the end they needed to do a bit of climbing. The whole place was shaking like mad.
Soon they could see some light and once they got there they found themselves outside of the volcano. But it was really high on a steep cliff and there is no way they could get down.
- “Damn. How are we going to get down from here?” Xylia wondered.
- “I’ve got an idea.” Sagathor said and produced sort of a gentle and low scream.
- “What’s that?”
- “You’ll see in a few seconds.”
They waited for a bit and soon Xylia saw two figures flying in the sky. She focused her eyes on them but couldn’t tell what or who it was. When the figures got a bit closer she understood that those were wyverns, or more precisely Sagathor’s friend Karnok and his partner Ucha.
- “Over here, Karnok!” Sagathor called to him.
Karnok and Ucha flew closer to Sagathor and Xylia, and Karnok spoke:
- “What’s going on? How come you’re in this nasty place?”
- “We’ve just stopped Torkh and his master and looks like the whole volcano is going to erupt any minute now.”
- “I see.” Karnok said, “Hop in.”
And so Karnok and Ucha took Sagathor and Xylia back home. Many creatures in the woods were happy to hear the news as many have heard of Torkh. The mysterious warriors of light have always been there guarding the world, but no-one ever knew about them.
As for Sagathor and Xylia, well, they started a new generation of lizardmen and bringing peace to Vin woods and later the whole Shédan peninsula.

THE END

© Copyright, Matthew Ashworth, 2008