Gentle Voice

Prologue

At Mc Donald's

I munched on my burger. Me and Matt were sitting in Mc Donald's. He knew the whole story now, from day one of me writing it. I sighed and set my burger down. I was loosing my appetite and fast. I was so nervous about Brian finding out why I had freaked out about him reading it. He thinks it was just a weird coincident. I hadn't explained to him how he got in my story yet. I hadn't told him it was a dream I had had.

"So tell me why you haven't told him yet," Matt asked munching on a pickle. I rolled my eyes at him. How his girlfriend can put up with him, I have no clue. Matt was a pretty good looking guy though. He shaves his head so his hair is always like peach fuzz. He wears a thin line of eyeliner around his eyes once in awhile. But I like it when He does. It brings out the color in his eyes.

He's always wearing some kind of sleeveless top, with usually a band logo on it. Either that or his favorite T-shirt that says Fuck Your Morals. And some kind of jean. No wonder he can't get a job. I smirked at him. He shrugged it off. He was used to me randomly smirking at people. He had a lot of tattoo's. I have some to, just not as much as him or my friends. I'm thinking of getting another one.

"I haven't told him yet because I want him to figure it out," I finally replied. He raised his hazel eyes to mine. I knew he didn't but it. This was me after all. I always hid things and said something else to try and cover up my tracks to the truth. But everyone figures it out anyways. Well, if they know me well enough they will. I laid my head on my hand holding it up lazily.

"You love him don't you?" Matt asked quietly. I shot my eyes to meet his. My jaw dropped open. I scrunched my nose up slightly. Making his giggled a little at me. I could not, believe he just, said that! I fumed. Well actually my face went fire truck red. I lifted my head and tried to say something. But I couldn't. So I just grabbed my drink and pretended to drink it. I looked away from Matt's stare.

"You do love him. Z you have to tell him! He is single now!" I rolled My yes. I regret ever telling Matt the story now. Matt had been gone for about eight months and was back in time for Christmas. He was back to propose to his girlfriend. What's her name again? I groaned. I couldn't think of anything lately. I couldn't even think of a new story plot. Which isn't like me at all. I usually have like five stories going. Just so I don't get writers block. But I have it.

"You want to know the truth Matt?" I asked. He nodded and looked me straight in the eye. I could always count on Matt. He would never laugh at me, or tell anyone else what I tell him. Not even his girlfriend. He always knew what I should do, even though I usually never listen until it's too late. I sighed and took a deep breath. This was it. I was going to tell Matt exactly how I felt.

"I see his face everywhere I go, every time I fall asleep. I can still feel his presence even when he's not around anymore, I can still feel his intoxicating chocolate brown eyes looking at me. I can't stop thinking about him and every time i try to say something to him I get tongue tied. I mess up my words and sound like an idiot, and to top it all off. I blush like crazy when ever he's around and the butterflies in my stomach get so bad I literally throw up."

He just blinked. Then smiled widely after a moment of silence. I raised my eyebrow at him like he was the sludge monster from Lake Wanaweep. Okay I watch too many cartoons. So sue me. I started to feel a smile pull at the ends of my mouth. I couldn't help it though. His smile was just so cute. He has this cheesy kind of grin that makes you smile. I gave up and smiled.

He looked behind him and then back at me.

"Describe Brian again," I gave hi a weird look and described him;

"He's tall, has a muscular build, tanned, chocolate brown eyes, dark hair, always wears a bandanna and a hat. Wears band T's, and skinny jeans all the time. We've been over this, why do I have to describe him to you again?"

"Does he have a mysterious look in his eyes? About my height, and likes the Misfits?" I nodded and then realized he wasn't looking at me but past me. I turned around quickly and felt my cheeks burn like fire. Brian was a couple seats behind me. But who he was with shocked me and pissed me off to no extent. He was with Michelle Di Benetteo. The Huntington's biggest whore.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have nothing against Michelle. Zack just hasn't gotten to know her yet, so he believes all the rumors he's heard about her.

WHO WANTS TO BE MATT'S GIRLFRIEND? - I need your name and a description.