Talking Bird

Trois

XXXXImage

I had been working with Mr.Baker for a week now, and contrary to what I had hoped he would turn out to, he was completely obnoxious. He was detestable and always threw rude remarks towards me at the most inappropriate times. This wasn't the man I met at the fountain. This man, he was a monster. Monster Baker.

I tried getting along with Monster Baker, but it was impossible. To make matters worst, he wouldn't keep his mouth shut. The whole week I spent with Monster Baker going over his divorce case, we've maybe had five minutes of silence. Five minutes of silence in seven days, not including sleeping hours. Why does the attractive tattooed man have to turn out to be Monster Baker? Why couldn't he be nice, even if it was just for ten minutes?

"No, that's not going to work," Mr.Baker let out an exasperated sigh, "there isn't going to be any arrangements. I'm going to take this to court."

"We can negotiate-"

"Not going to work." He repeated, looking annoyed. I have had it up to here with Monster Baker. Two hours of discussing divorce matters and we were getting nowhere. He kept insisting that his wife wasn't going to negotiate any issues whatsoever. I was fed up with his stubbornness.

"Listen, Mr.Baker," I sighed, "You're wife is asking you to pay $45,000 a month for child support-"

"And I'm not paying that! That's not my child! I'm not going to pay $45,000 a month for a child that isn't even biologically mine. I'm taking this to court, getting this divorce settled once and for all and that's that."

"Listen, Mr.Baker. If you're not willing to discuss about these issues and you're going to continue being a stubborn jerk I have absolutely no problem resigning your case. You can find yourself another lawyer and end up paying $45,000 a month for a child that isn't your biological son." I snapped. I wasn't playing around anymore. I grabbed my purse and walked out of his living room.

"Miss.Tremblay-" He said, but I was done, live.

"No, Mr.Baker. Call me when you're actually willing to discuss further issues and stop being a jerk. I'm not dealing with this right now." Needless to say, this was more than an 'interesting' case, but only because Mr.Baker made it that way. His case was as normal as anybody else's.

The cold breeze lightly brushed my face as I stepped out of his home, heading towards my new car. Never had I argued with a client before Mr.Baker. My clients were usually polite and courteous people who wanted to listen to what I had to say. Mr.Baker, on the other hand, wanted everything to go his way. He needed a reality check, because he needed me. As much as he didn't want to admit it I knew that deep inside that thick skull of his, some part of his brains knew that I was the key to help finalize his divorce. I was the person who could help him out. But if he didn't want my help, fine. He'd be the one paying child support for a kid that's not his.

As I walked into my apartment, which was finally beginning to look like home, I immediately plugged the kettle and dropped my keys in the fruit bowl. I changed my clothes into a comfortable loose fitting American apparel top and some jogging pants. I was going to do nothing but relax for the rest of the day.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The loud ringing of my cellphone woke me up from what had to be one of the best naps I had ever had. It was a wonderland nap. Calm, and peaceful. I groaned and reached for my cellular phone.

"Hello?" I asked into the receiver, anxious to get rid of whoever was on the other line.

"Izabelle-" I cut him off, why was he calling so soon?

"What do you want, Mr.Baker?" I tiredly asked, wiping the sleep from the corner of my eyes. I didn't want to argue with him, I had just woken up.

"I'm sorry about before." He quickly mumbled, as if he couldn't believe he was actually apologizing.

"Pardon?" I teased, a smirk on my face.

"You heard me." He growled over the phone, not wanting to repeat what he had said. I laughed at this.

"Did Monster Baker just apologize to me?"

"Ye- wait. Did you just call me Monster Baker?" He asked, dumbfounded.

"Yeah. Monster Baker, quite cute, isn't it? Anyways, listen you just woke me up from a great nap. I'm going to shower, and if you're willing to continue working on the case, I live on Beach Boulevard, 3525 apartment 14. Goodbye, Mr.Baker." I said, hanging up the phone.

I looked at the clock and realized it was ten minutes before ten o'clock. I never realized it was that late and i had just invited Mr.Baker up to my apartment.

I immediately called him back but got voice mail. Great, just great.

"Mr.Baker, answer your phone. I didn't realize it was so late at night. I lost track of time, maybe you should come by tomorrow instead. It's quite late and I should get back to bed." I hung up the phone once again and walked towards the bathroom, ready for a nice hot shower. Hopefully Mr.Baker wouldn't pass by.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 3. I really like this story, for some reason.
& comon man, comments, subscribers, readers.
where are you?

I'll update soon, i guess