Talking Bird

Quatre

XXXXImage
As I got out of the shower, the door was constantly being knocked on.

"Hold on!" I yelled, running to my room to put some decent clothes on. I hadn't actually thought that Mr.Baker would really come by at ten o'clock in the evening. Did he not have things to do?

"Fuck!" I yelled, the knocking getting louder and louder, "I said hold on!" I rummaged through my draws for some undergarments and a comfortable flex fleece V-Neck sweatshirt from American apparel as well as some short shorts under. I put my hair up in a wet ponytail and threw the towel in the waste basket.

I walked towards the door and looked through the peep hole, it was definitely Mr.Baker who was looking quite impatient. I sighed and opened the door for him.

"It's about time," he said, looking above my shoulder into the apartment, "Well are you going to let me in or are we going to work in the hallway." He frowned.

"Right, come in." I moved from the door, letting him into my apartment. It felt awkward being in my apartment rather than in his home. His home was decorated all kinds and smelt good when mine still wasn't completely unpacked, painted, and still smelt of smoke. I felt ashamed to show him what kind of place i lived in.

"I haven't quite unpacked everything yet." I mumbled, turning the kettle on.

"I see," He looked around, "Nice place, though."

"Yea, thanks. Anyways, on to business," I paused, "I was looking through some papers before and contacted your wife's lawyer and it seems that she doesn't want to sign the papers." I finished, walking over to the kitchen counter to put the kettle on.

"I thought you didn't want to work with me anymore." He smirked, did it not hit him in the face that his wife refused to sign the papers?

"I knew you'd come back, but did you not realize what I just said? Your wife doesn't want to sign the papers. She wants to contest this divorce."

"Well that's too bad for her, she's going to sign those papers. You make her sign those papers, Izabelle." He snapped, pacing back and forth in my apartment. I got up and grabbed his shoulders, sitting him down on the couch.

"Calm down,Mr.Baker. She has anywhere from sixty to ninety days to sign those papers, we have plenty of time to negotiate and maybe convince her to sign them. If she doesn't sign those papers in sixty days or the due date, we will set up a court date, alright? She must show up to contest, and if she doesn't chances are, the judge will grant you that divorce you want so bad." I looked at Mr.Baker and sighed. He looked so tired. He had his head in his hands and sighed. I actually started feeling bad for him. Just a bit though.

"And what about the child support she wants?"

"Let me handle that. Okay?" I paused, waiting for his nod. When he did, I continued what I was going to day, "Listen, Mr.Baker if it makes you feel better I've been through a divorce myself. I know what it's like." I said, putting my hand on his shoulder. He looked up and frowned.

"Really? How long were you married?" This was a total dejavu.

"I got married when I was young, when I was still living in France. I was with him since I was fourteen and we got engaged when I was eighteen. We got married when I was nineteen and I filed for divorce when I was twenty-two." I said. Dylan had been my high school sweetheart. I couldn't picture my life without him. Unfortunately, our marriage didn't last. Neither of us cheated on each other or anything along those lines. The chemistry was just gone, on a romantic level. The sex got boring, we were distant, it just wasn't working out. The divorce thank god, wasn't complicated like Zachary's was. We had both decided divorce was the right thing to do.

Mr.Baker stared at me and slowly nodded, "Man, eight years is long." He said, looking at his shoes.

I smiled at Mr.Baker and shrugged, "There was just no chemistry on a romantic level anymore. We weren't IN love with each other anymore."

"I..well I didn't know." He mumbled, looking at his shoes.

"Well since you didn't know, now you know. You're going to get through this divorce, Zachary. Just let me handle things and it'll be alright." I smiled.

"You know," He said, smiling also, "This is the first time we've managed to get along."

"Yes, I know. Don't ruin it, or I'll have your head, Mr.Baker." I laughed, pushing his shoulder lightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I know, it's short.

I love this story though.

I'm working on another story right now that isn't posted and stuff.

Next update should be BDR.

COMMENTS, comon.

I'll update sooner.