Talking Bird

Six

XXXXImage

I looked at my phone and frowned. Mr.Baker was ignoring me, and I was getting really pissed off. He wasn't returning any of my calls, and when someone did answer his phone, they'd tell me he was busy. I would love to know what Mr.Baker was doing that made him busy for a whole week.

I poured myself a glass of white wine and sat down on my leather couch, grabbing the remote control. I flipped through random channels and landed on CSI Miami. I smiled once that dorky lab guy came on the screen, he was such a cutie.

It only took me half an hour to fall asleep through CSI MIAMI and another half hour for me to wake up because of the phone ringing. I was hoping that I would've gotten some more sleep done, but I obviously couldn't.

Not bothering to even look at the caller I.D, i answered the phone after the fourth ring.

"Yeah?" I asked, nothing bothering with hello's. I was tired and I wanted to go back to bed.

"Look who decided to answer her phone." I instantly smiled when I recognized my brothers voice.

"Eric!" I yelled, sitting up from the couch. It felt so good to hear from him, since I hadn't heard from him since I've moved to California.

"How are you?" He asked.

"You want the truth or the lie?" I laughed.

"Whatever floats your boat." He said.

"Bah, i could be better."

"Is California treating you well?"

"California's treating me great, but my client, not so much." I sighed, looking at my cellphone quickly to see if I had any missed calls or text messages. But of course, I had none.

"Do I need to kick his ass?" He asked.

"Yes, please. Fly down from France just to kick his ass and go back home." I rolled my eyes. Eric was seriously amazing.

"Trust me, if it was that bad, you know I would."

"I know, Eric." I sighed. I missed him, so much it wasn't even funny. I wasn't used to being away from my brother so much. My parents it was no big deal, I had gotten used to them traveling all the time and never being home. But Eric, I was always with him.

"So hows the apartment coming along? You all settled in now?" He asked, changing subject. He knew I didn't want to continue the conversation on Mr.Baker.

"I never got around to painting. I might this weekend though, I have to stop procrastinating."

"You know what color your painting the apartment?"

"Beige and navy blue. probably."

"That's cool. So, when are you visiting?" He asked. I rolled my eyes and laughed out loud.

"Eric, I've only been away for what.. a month and a half and you already want me to visit you? Do you miss me that much, big brother?" I smiled.

"Laura and the kids miss you too. At least come down for a week, Belle."

At this point, I was totally contemplating going to France for a week. I needed to get out of California, already. And Mr.Baker was honestly the only reason I wanted to go away for week. But unfortunately, I couldn't. I couldn't just put his case on hold and go for a week's vacation to France. I just couldn't do that.

"I know, Eric.I wish I could come, but I can't. I will soon though, I promise."

"Alright," I heard him sigh, then I heard screaming in the background. I laughed, it had to be the kids. "Belle, i have to go, Joshua dropped milk on the floor and Audrey's having a fit. Call me sometime." He said and hung up, not waiting for a goodbye. I sighed and hung up the phone, pouring myself another glass of wine.

With my glass of wine in one hand, I walked to the bathroom and sat down on the bathtub, putting my glass of wine on the floor. I turned the water on to a rather hot temperature and grabbed the bubble bath, pouring some into the water. A nice hot bubble bath with a glass of wine was what I really needed right now.

I stripped all my clothes off and wrapped a towel around my petite frame, going to my room to get a nightgown and undergarments. Just as I was about to get into my bubble bath, the doorbell rang. I frowned, i wasn't expecting anybody to drop by.

Confused by who was knocking on my door, I walked towards the door and forgot to look into the peephole. I opened the door and was face to face with the person who chose to downright ignore me for the past week.

"Zachary." I breathed, completely forgetting that I was in nothing but a little Cotton white towel which covered only half my body.

Zachary looked at me from head to toe and i could almost see a smile forming on his face.

"Izabelle."
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter six!
I'm pretty much paying attention to this story more than the others.
I have chapter nine written up of this story
so I'll be updating this story
more often than the others
but expect a love games update soon
and BDR.

COMMMMMMMEEEEENNNNNNNTTTTTTTTT