Talking Bird

Huit

XXXXXXXXXXXImage

XXXXXXXXXXXImage

I woke up to the sound of my alarm ringing loudly on the living room floor. I groaned and reached over, pressing the snooze button. I needed five more minutes of sleep, maybe even more. I was exhausted, to say the least. What with everything going on with Zachary and everything else around, sleep was something I strongly needed. Even just half an hour of sleep would do the trick.

I couldn't take it anymore. I wasn't even able to fall back asleep. I kept tossing and turning, and the more I tossed and turned, the more the couch got uncomfortable. That's it. I was claiming back my own bed.

I stomped over to my room and opened the door with my little blanket wrapped around my body. Zachary was sprawled out across the bed, arms and legs pretty much hanging off the bed. I scrunched my nose up and tiptoed towards the bed. I poked Zachary's bare shoulder, hoping he'd wake up. But of course, he wouldn't wake up. Just to piss me off and make my morning worst than it already was.

"Zachary, wake up." I growled, pushing his shoulder. He was completely knocked out. Cold. I rolled my eyes and slapped his shoulder, but nothing woke him up. I finally sighed and pushed his whole body.

"WAKE UP." I almost yelled, becoming really frustrated. Zachary finally stirred and opened his eyelids, looking around a few seconds before landing his eyes on me.

"Mornin'." He mumbled, closing his eyes once again. I laughed.

"Oh no, Mr.Baker. Don't you dare think you're falling back asleep. I want my bed back." I threw the blanket around me on the floor and put my hands on my hips.

"Share?" He tiredly asked. "I need sleep, Belle." He mumbled. I looked at him weirdly, was he like, serious?

"Uhm, you're my client. Awkward. Go home or something" I stretched out the word awkward and sat down indian style on the bed. I wanted my bed back, with just me lying down it. Not me and Zachary lying down. Me. Only me.

"Get over it, man. I've got clothes on, you've got clothes on. Just get in and sleep." He rolled his tired eyes, blinking his eyes a couple of times so he wouldn't fall back asleep while talking. I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath.

"But what if I sleep nude in my own bed?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. I was just saying that hoping it would make him feel awkward and switch to the couch so I could have my bed back.

"Then sleep nude. I've seen plenty of naked women before, it's nothing." He rolled his eyes, rolling over, his back now facing me. I groaned and gave up. Fuck it, it was my bed, and I have every right to sleep in it when I want.

I threw the covers off Zachary and wrapped myself around them, sighing in content. Zachary rolled over once again with wide eyes at the sudden coldness and frowned.

"Don't freakin' hog all the blankets." He said, gripping the blankets and covering himself with some.

"Hey!" I accused "They're my blankets, and I could hog them all I want. You're in MY room, in MY bed, using MY blankets." I had an excuse for the grumpy attitude. I was exhaused, pissed off, and cold.

"You're such a child." He rolled his eyes at me.

"No," I smiled sweetly, "I'm your lawyer." I stated the obvious. I was also in a sarcastic mood. What a great morning.

"Whatever." He mumbled, shoving his face in the pillow. He sighed and moved around, trying to get comfortable.

"Quit moving." I complained, closing my eyes.

"I was comfortable until you woke me up." He groaned.

"Please, Zachary." I begged, "I'm exhausted. I just wanna sleep." I didn't open my eyes, I was letting the tiredness creep over me. I was falling asleep.

Zachary sighed and didn't reply. He simply stopped moving, closed his eyes, and eventually fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
short, but cute :)

two updates in one day :)
high five for me.

commenttttttttttt