Gina Files

Lovers Revenge

It was a rainy night and Ragina walked down the wet London streets. She was dressed in a long cloak with a worn hat on her head, shielding her too prefect face and red eyes.

As she walked she couldn’t help lift her face slightly and breathe in deeply, enjoying the smell of fresh, warm blood surrounding her, just waiting for her. But she had to resist, she must for HIS sake.

She had finally found him after all these years. Her one love, Quinn, was a judge in London under the name of George Brady.

She could only guess as to why he had changed his name but it didn’t matter at the moment.

She slowed and stopped outside a house, its windows glowing warmly. A figure passed the window. A young man of twenty-seven, his hair tied back with a ribbon and looking rather sophisticated.

He was laughing. God how she missed his smiles, the sound of his laugh. She took a deep breath, feeling giddy suddenly.

She glanced around, looking for Thomas and hoping he hadn’t followed her, she shuddered. He was cruel, but not like her father. She would rather not think about it. So she didn’t.

She opened the small gate that enclosed his nicely groomed lawn and walked down the paved walkway, up to the door and knocked.

She heard footsteps and a young woman answered her belly full. She could hear three hearts beating, one strong, two flutters just starting to beat within the woman’s womb. She held a little boy on one hip.

“Can I help you?” she asked, smiling kindly. ‘Not another beggar.’

Ragina winced minutely. The woman didn’t notice that was good.

“Yes, is Mr. Brady in?”

“Yes he is, may I ask who’s calling?”

“Miss. Wells.”

The woman eyed her before turning, a band on her left finger catching Ragina’s eyes. She lumbered away, murmuring to Quinn. ‘Probably some whore who’s in trouble and wants to bribe her way out.’

She bared her fangs and exhaled a hiss. She really hated this woman already. She closed her mouth and looked up at the hulking male in front of her. She couldn’t help it but smile.

“Hello Quinn, its been a long time..”

“Ragina! It’s you, I thought it was your sister… how is this possible? Your dead…it was in the papers..”

“Oh. I’m alive…sort of..” she said looking him up and down, her eyes drawn to the ring on his finger. She blinked.

‘This isn’t good. Why now? Why cant she just go and leave.’

“It’s good to see you.”

‘Please, just go I’m a happily married man. I don’t need this.’

Her nostrils flared and she watched as he took a step back. She followed closing the door behind her with a creak and a thunk, edging the lock into place.

“You lie Tarquinn Black.”

“I don’t know what your talking about.” He said in a clipped British accent.

‘He’s changed’ she thought.

“Yes I think you do. You said you loved me! That I was the only one you’ll ever love!”

“That was a long time ago, I was young.”

She growled, her claws curling. She was so thirsty; her throat was on fire.

‘What’s wrong with her eyes?!’

She reached up and wiped off a tear. It was red. She looked up, her face a mask of pure fury.

He backed up, “Ragina, what happened to you?”

“Death happened.” she snarled, lunging forwards and sinking her long fangs into his throat, falling with him to the floor as her hands ripped open his chest and pulled out his heart. She pulled back, blood dripping down her chin, her eyes crimson with hunger.

She watched the heart stop beating with a morbid fascination until a woman’s scream brought her around.

She turned. The woman didn’t even have a chance. Nor did the child. She walked out licking her hands clean, purring in content, her eyes glowing as she lifted her head up into the rain, letting it wash away the blood.

Thomas chuckled and clapped, perched on the roof. “Well done my pet, well done.”