No One Knows Me But They All Know My Name.

Chapter Ten

“Mom! Kara! We’re home!” Yelled Jolie, tossing her bag on one of the hooks, kicking off her shoes into the shoe box next to the door with Becca following the standard procedures.

Jolie’s second mother, Kara was a neat freak.

Jolie’s house enormous and designed in today’s elegancy. Becca always felt physically insure here even if this was her seconded home.

“Come on lets get some soda.” Said Jolie, heading into the marble kitchen. “Ah, note.” Jolie grabbed a pink sticky note and read. “We’re out for the night. So don’t do anything stupid.” Jolie laughed and looked at Becca. “Don’t do anything stupid.” She quoted. “To late for that don’t you think, Becca?”

Becca glared at her. “Will you stop ragging on me about Frank? We are only friends.”

Jolie had been making comments along those lines for the past two and a half hours now and Becca was ready to kill.

“That’s what you think.” Said Jolie chucking a Dr. Pepper at Becca.

“Know what?” Snapped Becca setting down her soda. Becca hadn’t told Jolie about her staying with Frank’s mom yet let alone with him. “I’m staying with him tomorrow night and I’ll stay with him tonight if you don’t shut up about him. He has done nothing to you and I’m not stupid.” Snapped Becca.

Jolie’s face was definitely contorted so much it added to the definition for contorted.

“Excuse me?” She breathed.

“You heard me. I’m staying with him and his mother tomorrow night and longer if I need to.” Snapped Becca and with that Becca snatched her soda back and walked into the overly done baby blue and brown entertainment technical room.

She plopped onto the black leather sofa and flicked on the TV to History Channel. It was apparently Greek day. After an hour of watching this, Becca looked over the couch to see if Jolie was anywhere near by, nope. She was gone. Sighing Becca turned off the TV and got up. She stretched for about a minute then went into search mode. She went through the dinning room, living room, great room, the office, their minor reading room, and the bathroom. No Luck or shock. So she headed up stairs.

“Jolie?” Hollered Becca once she reached the top.

No response.

“Come on, Jolie. Where are you?” Continued Becca as she headed down the hall towards Jolie’s room.

Once she reached there she put her head against the door and listened. She could hear Jolie murmuring. “She’s coming. Bye.”

Becca removed her head from the fancy door and knocked.

“What?” Sighed Jolie loudly.

“Can I come in?”

“Only if you want to.”

Becca opened the door.

Jolie’s room was completely opposite than the rest of her light elegant home. It was like an aquarium. Her walls were dark aqua blue with a slight shimmer and all of her furniture was a dark shade of blue, green, or black. She actually had three aquariums, one of salt water, fresh water, and one for her precious turtles, Harry and Sally.

“Hi Harry. Hi Sally.” Said Becca as plopped onto the dark green comfy chair next to the door.

They sat in silence for a few moments before Jolie spoke. “I have a question for you.”

“Shoot.”

“Why cannot you just stay at your own home?”

“Because one of the nurses at the hospital knows my situation and she said that if I didn’t stay with a family I’ll be back in child service and you know hell will freeze over before I get sucked back into that system.” Said Becca coolly.

“Cannot you just lie?”

“No. The nurse said she’d be checking up on me on a regular bases and I’m not risking anything.”

“Yeah you are. Your life.” Snapped Jolie.

Becca folder her arms and sighed. “No, I am not. Don’t you think Uncle Matt would let me do this if I had the chance of any harm in anyway? No, he wouldn’t and you absolutely know that. He talked with Frank’s mom and approved it.” Becca Stared at Jolie who had the ‘I love you but, I want to kill you’ look mixed with worry on her face. “You know Matt wouldn’t put me anywhere near the aura of danger.”

They stared at each other for a moment or two then Jolie’s face went slightly softer.

“I want to meet Frank or at least talk to him.” Sighed Jolie.

Becca smiled. “Yeah sure but, speaking of talking, who were you on the phone with before I came in?”

“Martin. I was informing him of everything and seeing if you could crash with him but, his parents left this morning and they’re left with their witch of a grandmother. So that was a no.”

“Man, I was kind of hoping to crash with his family. They are too awesome for their own good.” Smiled Becca. “Gosh, I remember meeting his grandmother for the first time.” Laughed Becca. “She is so mean but, in a lunatic way.”

Jolie grimaced. “She called me a cheese sculpture of Bette Davis dead.”

Becca laughed. “I thought it was hilarious because she thought that Bette was still alive.”

“I know. You would think the old people would know more about their stars than kids decades younger do.”

“You would. Hey, didn’t she die in eighty nine?”

“I think so.” Jolie paused for thought for a moment then continued. “Yeah, she did, in France because she couldn’t travel back to America because it was so bad. She was eighty one.”

They sat in silence for a minute to give the world’s best actress some respect.

“Love ya Bette.” Pronounced Jolie.

“Yeah, me too.” Becca sighed. “Breast cancer sucks ass.”

“Yeah it does. Hey, don’t you remember the oath we took if one of us got breast cancer?”

Becca smiled. “Yeah, the both of us would get out breast removed together.”

“Yep and afterwards get some big fake ones.” Laughed Jolie.

“Hell yeah.” Becca stood up. “Hey, why don’t we go watch one of her movies?”

Jolie busted out laughing.

“Hey, why not?” Asked Becca slightly confused.

“You’re so not tricking me. Frank?”

“Oh, yeah.” Becca had actually forgotten about him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm in need of comments so please give me some. Good or Bad.

I love ya all. xoxox-Ace

ps- I went on a poetry ramble so if you like poetry please check them out and I do love comments :-)