No One Knows Me But They All Know My Name.

Chapter Eleven

“Invite him over.”

“Jolie, no way,” Snorted Becca. “If he is fine with meeting you we’ll meet him at neutral ground.”

“Why?” Asked Jolie as they headed down stairs.

“Because that’s the comfortable and polite in a non intimidating way to do so.” Laughed Becca jumping down three steps onto the solid floor. “The first time I came here I was scared that if I breathed too hard your house would fall down and I am and was your best friend at the time. A dude will be already intimidated for not being on his own or neutral territory to begin with. We don’t need to add you’re nerve wrecking elegant glass mansion to it.”

“You think too much for your own good.” Sighed Jolie as they entered the kitchen.

Jolie sat down at the kitchen bar watching Becca pull out a crumbled piece of paper out of her pocket and dial the number.

On the third ring a women answered. “Hello?”

“Hi, this is Becca-”

“Oh hello, I’m glad you called. I have a few questions for you.”

“Alright shoot, Mrs. Iero.”

“Oh Hun, call me Linda. Mrs. Iero makes me sound old.” Laughed Linda.

“Can I call you Miss Linda? My Uncle is adamant about my manners.”

“Of course, it still makes me sound young.”This woman had a very cheery, smooth, loveable kind of voice. Becca could absolutely tell that this lady was going to be a great temporary mother. “Hun, I need to know if there is any food you cannot live without and same with drinks.”

Becca thought for a moment and said in a slow voice. “If I have at least one box of brown sugar pop tarts I’m good to go.”

Becca didn’t want to be too demanding.

“Oh Hun, there are two more meals in the day and don’t forget about munch food.”

“I’m just glad that you’re letting me stay at your home and that’s all I need.” Said Becca politely.

“Hun, your Uncle wasn’t kidding when he said I should just ask him because you are by far too reserved and independent.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Oh, don’t be I’ll call your Uncle. Oh Hun, you called for a reason.”

“Yes, I did. I was calling to talk to Frank for a moment.”

“Sure Hun, hold on.”

Becca leaned against the counter.

“What’s going on?” Asked Jolie.

Becca gave her a be quite look.

“Okay, I take that as an ask later.” Sighed Jolie as she started to pick at her nails out of boredom and for dramatic affect.

Becca giggled.

“It’s good to hear you giggle.” Becca could tell he was smirking just by his tone of voice.

“Hey, Frank.”

“Hi, Becca. So what’s up? Your clan having a freak out about you crashing with me?”

“How did you know?” Asked Becca slowly, she had a gist.

“I just got back from the Block Buster down the street and I got two very fierce stares for these two black guys-.”

“Martin and Ethan.” Sighed Becca.

“Yeah if one has dreadlocks and the other has braids.”

“Yeah, it was them.”

“I really felt the love.” Said Frank in a sarcastic tone.

“I’m so sorry.”

“Don’t be. It just shows you have good friends.” He sighed.

“They sure are and that is why I’m calling you.”
Becca paused.

“Continue.” Said Frank.

“I think this will be good for everyone if my friend, Jolie met you.”

“I don’t kno-”

Becca cut him off. “No hear me out.”

“Alright, I’m listening.” Sighed Frank.

“Okay if Jolie meets you and likes you and she will, well she can defiantly deal with you. Everyone else will drop it and be nice to you and stop freaking out all over me. It’s an all around win, for everyone. All judgment, stress, and worry will go on vacation to the Bahamas.”

Frank was silent for a moment then said. “I’ll meet you guys at the rec.-center in thirty minutes but,” He put a great effendis on the ‘but’. “only if I get to bring one of my guys too.”

“Yes, more the merrier.” Said Becca, finally starting to feel relaxed.

“Alright, see you then.”

“You sure will, bye.” With that they both hung up.

Jolie was sitting in her seat with a smug look on her face.

Becca laughed. “You are so pass the line.”

“I know I am. So when and where am I meeting Frank?”

“In a half hour at the rec.-center and he’s bringing a friend along with him.”

Jolie raised her eyes. “A girl?”

“What does it matter?”

“I guess it doesn’t and I totally lied to you this morning.”

Becca raised her brows. “About?”

“How good you look today. The truth is,” She pause for dramatic affect. “Like shit.”

They both busted out laughing.

“Jolie, I knew that.” Said Becca smiling widely.

“Then why haven’t you fixed that yet? You have full access to my wardrobe and make-up. For goodness sakes come on.” Jolie hop out of her seat and dragged Becca who was laughing hysterically, up the stairs to her bed room.

Fifteen minutes later Becca was cleaned up, well sort of. Clothes wise, Becca only would add a clean cut natural green jacket on and changed her shoes into boots, her feet were cold. Though hair and make-up wise Jolie had full control but, for once she didn’t over do it. She just didn’t enough to bring out Becca’s natural beauty.

“Now you don’t look homeless.”

“That’s very nice Jolie.”

Jolie shrugged and looked at the clock. “Oh, we better go or we’ll be late.”

Becca grasped her heart in shock.

“What?” Asked Jolie while she grabbed a jacket for herself.

“This is a historical moment. Jolie Lane Slaveski, actually caring about being on time for once.”

Jolie grabbed Becca’s hand and said. “Whatever, we got to go.” And with that Jolie practically dragged the laughing Becca out of the bed room into the hall.

“Jolie you are an odd friend.” Laughed Becca.

“Yeah but, at least I’m not as strange as you.”

“Oh, I love that book.”

“What?” Asked Jolie now fully confused as them headed towards the garage.

“The Stranger by: Albert Camus.” Said Becca as they slipped into the car.

“You just totally proved my point.” Said Jolie as they pulled out onto the road.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENTS ARE NEEDED! GOOD OR BAD! I PERSONALLY LOVE BAD COMMENTS BECAUSE IT HELPS ME GET BETTER! NOW I ALSO LOVE GOOD COMMENTS BUT, WITH THOSE I LIKE SPEIFIC REASONING! COMMENTS ARE NEEDED!

I love you all very much!