No One Knows Me But They All Know My Name.

Chapter Twelve

“You still suck at this game Jolie.” Chuckled Becca. “And I’ve been playing this with you for years.”

“I know I suck at ping pong but, tonight I got an excuse.”

“What?” Asked Becca as they set down their paddles and headed toward the vending machines. “Oh, look Snickers!”

“You’re a weirdo.” Grinned Jolie as Becca excitedly bought a Snicker Bar.

With her mouth full Becca asked. “So what is your excuse?”

“Meeting this freak punk kid you’re staying with.”

“Frank?”

Jolie glared at Becca. “Who else?” She snapped.

“I was just reminding you that he has a human name, not just a society view name.” Sighed Becca. “Come on lets go to the pool tables.”

“Finally a game I’m good at.” Said Jolie grabbing the last bit of Becca's Snicker out of her hand.

“Nice.” Grumbled Becca.

Jolie gave Becca a wicked smile as she plopped the last piece into her mouth.

“I’m totally going to whip your ass are at pool.” said Becca as they entered ‘The Room of Bar Games’.

‘The Room of Bar Games’ was completely different than all of the other rooms. It had damp lighting, dark green walls, dark grey flooring, a few sets of darts, three pool tables, and a bar to drink at (No Alcohol, remember this is a community center).

“Hey!”

Becca and Jolie turned. It was Frank and Gerard.

“Come on over!” Continued Frank.

Jolie turned to Becca. “No.”

“Yes.” Growled Becca with a firm smile plastered on her face.

They glared at each other for a moment before Becca linked arms with Jolie and walked towards the guys. Personally Becca wasn’t too thrilled either. She didn’t think that it would be Gerard who would be Frank’s man. He wasn’t that welcoming earlier or was he now.

“Yeah, this is Jolie.” Introduced Becca.

“Nice to meet you.” Said Frank extending his hand.

Jolie shook it. “Right back at ya.”

“This is Gerard.” Said Frank.

Jolie and Gerard tilted their heads in greeting.

They stood in silence for a while before Frank spoke. “So, this is a kick ass party or what?”

Becca laughed, Frank grinned and as for the other two they just continued to glare.

“Okay, this was set up so you could question me or whatever. So, let’s go to the bar and leave these two.” Said Frank to Jolie.

After a moment she nodded and headed to the bar with Frank.

Now it was just Becca and Gerard.

“Let’s play some pool?” Questioned Becca.

Gerard continued to stare at Becca intensely.

“Oh come on.” Snapped Becca. “What is your problem with me?”

“You’re a bitch.” Snarled Gerard.

“How? What have I done to make you think that?”

“You’re using Frank.”

“No I am not.” Stated Becca in a firm tone with flared eyes.

“Then what are you doing with him?”

“Nothing, we are just friends.”

Gerard laughed. “Yeah right, you guys just met.”

“Yeah and we just met and yet you think I’m a bitch when I’ve done nothing wrong nor do I plan to do so. God, you are acting like Frank when we first met except you haven’t tried to threaten me with murder.”

Gerard’s face went blank. “What?”

Becca raised her brow. “What has he told you, anything?”

“Only that you guys are friends and with that he won’t continue or listen to me.”

They stood in silence for a few minutes. Becca glanced at the bar to see Jolie talking to Frank in an animated serious kind of way and Frank just sitting there sucking it all in.

“Alright.”Said Becca turning back to Gerard. “Let’s make a deal.”

Gerard’s brow rose. “What kind of deal?”

“Two out of three. Who ever wins gets their way.”

“Pool wise?”

“Of course.” Said Becca as she went to get the sticks.

“You’re on.” Said Gerard accepting the stick from Becca.“Let’s play.”

About forty-five minutes later Jolie and Frank came around. Gerard and Becca were on their third game, one to one. First game Becca won as she called it ‘like a breeze.’ And Gerard flat out killed her in the second game saying ‘don’t get too cocky.’ Now on this finally game Gerard only had the eight ball left and Becca had one of her own and the eight ball.

“Are you winning, Becca?” Asked Jolie.

“We’re tied.” Muttered Becca as she shot her last striped ball in. “Far right corner.” Called Becca.

“You’re going to miss.” Smirked Gerard, trying to mentally mess Becca up.

“Sure.” Said Becca as that jet black eight flew straight into the hole. “I win so that means clean slates.”

“Fine but, murder if it gets dirty.”

“Deal.” And with that Gerard and Becca shook hands.

Both Frank and Jolie raised their eye brows as Gerard glanced at the clock. “Come on Frank, practice.”

“Alright, see you tomorrow Becca and Jolie” Frank bowed. “It was nice to meet you.” Said Frank in a proper polite voice.

Snickering Becca turned to Jolie as the boys left. “Tell me about your chat.”

“What is there to say? Let’s go home and watch a Bette Davis movie.” Said Jolie as she pulled out her keys and started towards the door.

“Oh come on, something, anything?”

“Nope.” Said Jolie as they went out the door.

“Why not?”

“Why so?”

Becca grumbled as they settled into the car.

“Why are you being this way?” Jolie asked as she pulled out of the parking lot.

“I just want to know, geeze.” Sighed Becca.

Jolie glanced at a Becca and a smirk spread across her face.

“What?”Asked Becca.

“You like him.”

“Well obviously or I wouldn’t crash at his place.”

Jolie’s smirking face automatically went dead serious. “Are you going to do…” Jolie’s trailed into silence.

Becca went aghast. “No! Not in that way. Oh my God, Jolie! You know I wouldn’t, I’m not like that.” Becca started to sputter.

“Okay! Okay! I’m sorry.” Said Jolie in a rush.

After that they sat in silence till they got back to Jolie’s. As they got out of the car Jolie said. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s alright.” Muttered Becca.

Once they were inside Jolie gave Becca a hug.

“So what did you guys talk about?” Asked Becca as they pulled apart.

Jolie laughed. “I’m still not telling you.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENTS OF ANY SORT PLEASE!!! I need/love them.

-Ace