No One Knows Me But They All Know My Name.

Chapter Nine

Matt still laughing, glanced at the clock causing his face to slightly falter. He said. “Becky you need to go back to school.”

Becca glanced at the clock and saw the time, time to go. Her face no longer bright and giggling she said. “Yeah.” She paused for a moment and continued with a hopeful smile. “But, I could stay if you want me to.”

“Becky I would love you to stay but, I also would love for you to live your life. You can see me soon. So go now or you’ll be late.”

“But, Matt-” Began Becca but was interrupted by Matt.

“No, don’t argue with me. Go now.” Said Matt in a dead serious voice.

“Fine, bye.” Sighed Becca as she gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Love ya.”

“I love ya too. Come see me soon?”

“Of course.”

As Becca reached the door Matt spoke. “Don’t forget to tell me if you are staying with Martin instead of Frank.”

“I will. Bye.”

Becca slid into the hallway. There was no Frank. So she went to the waiting room and there he was, sprawled out over a few chairs, out like a light bulb. Becca went over to him and did a light shake on one of his shoulders, he jerked awake.

“Good after noon. How did you sleep?” Smiled Becca, as Frank slowly sat up rubbing his eyes.

“Fine.” Grumbled Frank. “Ready to go?”

“Yeah.”

“Alright, put the sunglasses back on.” Yawned Frank.

Becca put the sunglasses back on as Frank stood up. They linked arms and headed out.

“Now, where to?” Asked Frank, pulling out of the parking lot.

“School.”

“Why? It’s almost out.” Said Frank glancing at the clock.

“I know but, I’m stage manager for the new play so, I have to be there.”

“Geeze, talk about Miss Responsibility. When will you be ready for me to get you?”

“Tonight is my girl night with a friend. So I’m covered for tonight, though you could pick me up from work tomorrow night at ten.” Smiled Becca.

Frank glanced at her. He had an unsure face on.

He slowly asked. “Where do you work?” Glancing at her again with the same unsure face.

“At Dexter’s and Larry’s Book Shop.”

“Well,” He began slowly but, Becca interrupted.

“If you cannot, I’ll just go home to my place.

“It’s not that.” Sighed Frank in relief. “Tomorrow night I have a gig at Mazare’s Night Club at ten and that’s right down the street from Dexter’s and Larry’s. So, just come to the club and chill for an hour. I’ll be down and ready to go by then.”

“Don’t clubs demand an I.D? Because if you don’t remember I am fifteen.”

“Come through the back way. I’ll tell Philly you’re coming and he won’t know you’re under age.”

“Are you sure?” Asked Becca nervously.

“Yeah.” Frank glance a t Becca. “What’s up?”

“I’ve never been to a club so it’s new. That’s all.” Becca sighed. “Will I get in trouble if I get caught?”

“You wont so chill. My dad owns it so you’re safe.”

“Okay.” Sighed Becca. “Hold it. Your dad owns a club? That’s pretty neat.”

“Yeah, it sure is.”

They sat in a chilled silence till they reached the school.

“Thanks. See ya tomorrow.”

“See ya.” Said Frank as Becca bolted out.

She ran like lighting into the building down the grumbling mall of students leaving, into the empty auditorium. This was not unusual. People don’t usually show up for a half hour to get food or just to mess around which Becca never mind. Gaining full control of her breathing she plopped onto the edge of the stage waiting and two seconds later her waiting was finished.

“Oh, my god, where the hell have you been?” Yelled Jolie running into the auditorium.

It was obvious that her worried sick level had immensely had increased since Becca didn’t show up to Drama class.

“At the hospital.” Said Becca quickly jumping fully on to the stage and getting out of Jolie’s hand reach.

Jolie took off one of her shoes and chucked it at Becca. It narrowly missed her head.

“You didn’t leave a note in your locker!” Jolie froze of a second deep in thought. “How did you get to the hospital?”

“I got a ride.” Muttered Becca.

Becca knew that the second that she told Jolie who gave her the ride the next shoe was coming.

“From who?” Uttered Jolie.

She knew. She heard the rumors.

“Frank Ier-” Becca Leaped behind one of the curtains to dodge the shoe. “Jolie, calm down!” Yelled Becca as she ran behind stage. She could hear Jolie scrambling onto the stage. “He’s not that kind of guy!”

“He’s a drug dealer and a sex monster!” Screamed Jolie as she ran into the curtains getting entangled. “Damn it!”

Becca came around the corner and saw this. So, she came out to the open. Jolie stopped squirming and looked a Becca with a worry and fierce glare. This is a never seen form of Jolie, the peace maker and love giver not the fighter.

“Take a breather a chill for a moment and let me explain. Then I’ll help you.” Said Becca in a calm sweet voice.

Jolie took a sigh with tears rolling down her face now empty of anger but, fully engulfed with worry. “All day long you have had me in extreme beyond belief worried mode and you were with Iero. That doesn’t help.” More tears rolled down her face.

“I met him yesterday and those rumors about him are rumors. He’s rough around the edges but, when you get pass that he’s really nice and yeah he’s not perfect but, I’m not stupid.”

Jolie sighed with more tears and sighed. “Just let me out so I can freaking hug ya.”

Becca went over to Jolie and helped her out of the curtains. Once she was free She hugged Becca so hard Becca could barely breath.

“Jolie” Gasped Becca. “I would like to breath.”

Jolie let go of her and said with a heart felt worried face. “I don’t want you to get hurt.” She sighed just as a group of drama kids came in. “We’ll definitely have to talk about this tonight. You are pushing me towards insanity.”

Becca smiled. “What else are girl nights for?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are highly needed and loved.

xoxo-Ace