Panic Laser Fight

I thought you loved me

Time seemed to go by quickly for our characters. Soon, Patrick, Ryan and Brendon had arrived in L.A., “Patrick, can I drive?” the leader singer suddenly asked, catching the blond off guard.

“Uh... no?” Patrick blinked.

Brendon reached into the front and got a hold of the stearing wheel, “Please? Just until we get home.” he did his famous pout.

Patrick sighed, “Fine, Urie.” he pulled over and got into the passengers seat as Ryan got in the back.

In a flash, the car went into a full on collision into the side of a building, “Oh... sorry...” Brendon's voice weakly came. “I hit the gas too soon...” he coughed.

“Ya think?” Patrick hissed, trying to hit him.

Two weeks later--

Ashlee's arm was securely around Ryan's waist, trying to hold him up and get him into bed. The boy had a broken pelvis; Brendon was perfectly fine and Patrick had a concussion.

Ryan weakly laughed, “Heh... believe it or not, you're actually tickling me.”

The girl blushed, “Sorry; not doing it on purpose, y'know.” she laughed.

Ryan stared into her eyes, “What color are they? Your eyes, that is.” he suddenly asked, catching her off guard.

“Uhm, blue...” she answered, looking confused.

He cocked his head to the side, “They look almost purple...” he gently removed a strand of black hair from her face. Carefully, he tucked it behind her ear.

Ashlee glanced down, blushing, and then looked back up.

Soon, the two were in a passionate kiss.

Spencer walked into the room, “Hey – oh!” he stared.

The two ignored him, their kiss growing more passionate and deeper.

“What's wrong, Sp--” Jon stopped in midsentence.

Pete walked in, “What's u--” he froze.

Ryan and Ashlee gently broke apart and seemed not to notice everyone else in the room.

“A-Ashlee?” Pete choked out.

The girl looked down, “I'm... sorry, Pete...”

He shook his head, “Save it. I knew this relationship was too good to be true!” and with that, he hurried out.

Ashlee chased after him, “Pete! WAIT.” she shouted, “We need to talk.” she came to a stop about six feet away from him when he reached the elevator doors.

Pete got into the elevator and kept his head down; avoiding Ashlee's eyes.

About two days later, Ashlee walked up the stairs, following Joe. “You sure it's okay for me to talk to him?” she softly asked before Joe opened the room door.

Joe nodded and gave her a weak smile.

“Pete?” Ashlee softly said, walking into the room, “We really need to talk.”

“No, we don't...” the man was under the sheets and only his black hair was visible. “There's nothing to talk about, Ashlee.” he spat out her name.

She sighed, “You're being stubborn...”

Joe quickly shook his head, indicating that she had said the wrong thing.

Suddenly, Pete flew up and grabbed Ashlee, “Do you love me?” he demanded, “If you did, why would you kiss him, Ashlee?” he shook her.

“Pete, stop. You're hurting me...” she said in a small voice.

“You hurt me yesterday, Ashlee...” he laid back down after letting her go.

“I'm sorry...” she muttered, “Maybe...” she cleared her throat. “It would be better if we... didn't see each other, anymore.”

Pete crawled back under the sheets.

Ashlee walked out.

“Maybe,” Joe shook his head. “I shouldn't've stopped you from committing suicide if I knew you were going to be like this, Pete.” he walked out as well, closing the door. “I'll drive you home, Ashlee.”

The girl shook her head, “Uhm, can we just drive around for a while?”

After a while, they returned back to Joe's house. Ashlee waited outside in the car while Joe went to check on his friend.

“Pete?” he called into the room, he poked his head in. It was empty.

Joe quickly scampered into his living room. It was empty. "Pete?" he called. "Pete?" He flew around to his back hallway, where the back door to the deck was.

All of a sudden, he spotted Pete staggering out of the room they'd left him in. He was holding his head, and Joe could tell that he was rather dizzy and disoriented.

Joe frowned. "Pete! Dude, sit down, you can't--"

Before Joe knew it, Pete had lost his balance, was flying face foward ...and crashed through his glass door to the deck outside, shattering pieces about.

Joe stood there for a moment. "Oh my..." He snapped out of his trance. "PETE!" He dashed foward, trying his best to be wary of the glass and get to his friend as fast as he could.

Outside, it had begun to rain; the deck was soaked.

He reached down. "Pete! Pete!" Joe lifted up his friend gently; his insides were pounding with fear.
Glass was everywhere. Pete would have landed on it.

He turned his friend around. Pete was holding his face, but he remained wordless. Joe tried to ply his friend's hands away. "Come on Pete, you need to show me--"

"Joe," Pete whimpered, and as soon as he pulled his hands away, Joe's heart skipped a beat. Pete's entire face was covered in blood. "Oh my God...oh God, okay, Pete just--" He turned over his shoulder. "ASHLEE!" he screamed. "START THE CAR!" Clandestinexplay: Ashlee jumped at the sound of her name, "O-okay..." she quickly did as she was told.

Joe let out a rush of nervous breath. He jumped up. Racing into his kitchen, he grabbed some dish towels and ran back to his friend. "Here," he said, and lightly placed the cloth on his friend's face. He helped Pete up, slowly, and the two made there way to the car. Joe made Pete wait at the doorway.

After starting the car, she quickly climbed into the backseat.

"Wait here for a minute. Don't move." Joe told Pete before running to the car and stuck his head in. "Ashlee, promise me you won't freak out," he said, straight-faced.

"I... I'll try." she blinked.

Joe took a shaky breath in. "Okay, wait here. Can he sit in the back with you?"

"S-Sure..." she nervously answered.
Joe ran back to the doorway. He slowly helped Pete walk out and to the car. He opened the back door, and at that very moment, Pete pulled the towels off of his face.

"J-Joe..." Pete cried. "I-I can't even open my eyes."

Joe cursed under his breath. "Okay, Pete. Calm down. We'll get you to the hospital." He jumped into the driver's seat and quickly, but carefully, pulled out of the driveway.

"Oh, Pete..." Ashlee sniffled, gently wrapping an arm around him.

Pete groaned it pain. He bent down as close to his lap as he could, "Ashlee, it hurts."

"I'm sorry..." she gave him a gentle squeeze so she wouldn't hurt him.

Joe was steadily (as steadily as he could through his nervousness, that is) driving to the hospital. Joe looked back at Ashlee. "Has he stopped bleeding?"

"No, he hasn't..." she replied.

Joe groaned in agitation, "Okay, Ashlee, do you think he's bleeding, like, dangerously a lot, or is that just 'cause it's a face wound?" he asked.

Ashlee began twitching when she saw the blood.

At this point, he wasn't sure if his best friend was even gonna make it because of the rate he was losing blood. Let alone the fact his face was covered in gashes.

"Uh... w-well..." she stuttered out.

"We're here," Joe annoucned, and in a flash, they were in the ER.

Several hours later--

Ashlee and Joe sat in the waiting room. Joe was uneasily fiddling with his fingers. "I just--he...he just like, fell."

Ashlee was slowly rocking back and forth, fiddling with her hair as she did so.

Joe sighed, "What's gonna happen?"

She shrugged in response, unable to say anything due to shock.

"Ashlee, he's Pete effing Wentz. Bass guitarst of Fall Out Boy."

"I know that, Joe." she said with a fierce glare.

He ignored it and instead turned and stared straight ahead, "No, you don't-- Looks are everything in this business. Especially with Pete." he slowly shook his head "And now..." He stopped.

"You're right," she stood up. "I don't know." she went to the other side of the room.

All of a sudden, the doctor walked in, "Joe Trohman?"

Joe looked up, "Yes?"

"You can come see Mr. Wentz, now."

Joe's heart almost flew out of his chest, "So he's...?"

The doctor nodded. "He's alive."

Joe flew up. Before he walked out, though, he turned. "Ashlee...?"

She nodded at her name, but didn't say anything.

"Are you coming?"

With a shrug, she stood up and followed Joe.

The two followed the doctor to Pete's room. Slowly, they opened the door. "Try not to act too... shocked," the doctor warned, then shut the door behind them.

For a moment, Joe and Ashlee just stood in the room silently, watching the figure on the bed across from them.

Pete was slouching on the bed. He had managed to wear his hoodie (which was stained beyond fixing in blood), and had yanked the hood up as far as he could with his head down.

Ashlee looked down and began twirling her long, black hair.

Joe cleared his throat.

Oh, God. How she hated blood.

Joe peered at Ashlee. Earlier in the car, he noticed her aversion to Pete and his bleeding. He gently leaned over and whispered, "There's no blood on his face anymore."

She slowly nodded, looking back up, "Pete?" she gently said.

Pete swallowed.

Joe frowned gently. "Pete..."

Pete finally mumbled out, "What?"

Joe walked over, slowly. "You...can you, talk to us?"

Pete shook his head, "No. I'm not looking up."

Ashlee quietly approached the bed.

Pete nervously let out a breath.

"Pete, I'm terribly sorry about everything I said; I really do love you."

Pete's breath paused for a moment, "You won't love me anymore. Not after you actually see me."

"Oh, Pete..." she gently hugged him, "Personally, I don't care about your looks. You're an amazing person..."

Pete swallowed loudly, "You're too good to be true, Ashlee," he whispered.

"Everyone," she whispered. "Has flaws and they have another characteristic that makes up for that."

Pete chuckled lightly at her words. "That's true."

Joe walked foward. "Pete..." He reached for the man's hood. "Can you--?"

Pete jerked away. "No!"

Joe frowned. "Pete, at some time you're going to have to show the world--"

Pete suddenly yanked his hood down and flew up to meet his friend's face. His eyes were filled with utter rage, "Show them what Joe? Show them this?"

Joe swallowed.

Pete's entire face was covered in stiches. Long, black, ugly stiches. And when those stiches would come out, they'd leave his face covered in scars.

Joe looked away.

Ashlee hugged Pete again.

Pete let himself be hugged by the girl; then, slowly, he wrapped his own arms around her, buried his face in her neck, and hugged her tighter than ever before.

"I love you, Pete..." she whispered into him.

"I love you too, Ashlee..." he whispered back.

Joe smiled, "I'm going to call everyone else and--"

Pete suddenly flew up, horror in his eyes. "No. Don't."

Joe frowned. "But, Pete..."

Pete got a despearate look on his face, suddenly, which surprised Joe. "Please, Joe. Please. Not yet."

"We'll tell them when... it's the right time." Ashlee whispered.

Pete smiled at the girl and nodded. "Thank you," he whispered.

Joe closed his cell phone with a sigh, "All right."

And that was the end of that.

"Come on, Pete..." Ashlee sighed, "I think you should rest."

Pete nodded slowly. "Yeah..." He gently laid back down on the bed. "Yeah...I haven't really slept in two days..."

"I'll -- we'll stay with you." she smiled.

: Pete, with his eyes closed, smiled softly, "Thank you so much. I love you guys."

Joe frowned jokingly. "Don't get all mushy-gushy on me, Wentz."

Pete chuckled lightly, "Go die, Joe."

Joe snorted in mock insult. "Well, I never!" He then burst into peals of laughter. "I'm gonna go get a snack," he announced, and then left the room. "Be back soon."

Ashlee had curled up, just like a cat, at the foot of Pete's bed, "You two..." she smiled, her eyes closed.

Pete suddenly peered open one eye at the girl. "Ashlee..." he started.

"Yes?" she seemed to purr.

"Will you come and snuggle with me?" he suddenly asked her.

Ashlee suddenly sat up, looking rather... surprised, "Of course I will." she slowly crawled and laid down next to Pete.

Pete smiled and closed his eyes again. He cuddled close to his girlfriend and whispered, "I love you."

With a smile, she securely wrapped her arms around her boyfriend, "I love you, too... and please don't ever try to commit suicide again. No matter what, Pete."

Pete nodded slowly. "I won't. I promise."

She snuggled closer to him, "Good..." she gently kissed his dark hair.

Joe threw open the door.

"I HAVE CHEETOS--Oh, whoa. Sorry." He quicky scampered back out, blushing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I just updated. My computer had crashed in late January and I just got a new one about two weeks ago.
I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I did.
Comments would be simply lovely.