Panic Laser Fight

The Room.

Patrick Stump paced the room.

The room was empty; four white walls, no windows, no door, no ceiling fan.

“Ashlee, please calm down…” he frowned, looking over at the girl. Of course, he could understand why she rocking back and forth. He, himself, felt as if he were in a crazy room. “We’ll get out of this, alright?” He pulled out his cell phone, as if trying to find signal.

The girl swallowed the ball of saliva in her mouth, “There should be a door...”

He stared. Of course there should be a door! “Really?” He sarcastically responded.

She glared, “How did we get in there? There’s no signs of us behind just… thrown in here, through a hole in the wall or something,” she stood up, and pressed her hands against the wall.

Touché, Patrick thought, touché. “What do y--” before he finished, Ashlee took his phone. “Hey! I need that.” He made the ‘what the fuck’ face at her.

“You should get signal where the door, or windows, should be…” she felt along the wall, trying to find signal. “Found one bar… three… got it.” She smiled.

Patrick stared at her, amazed.

--

Pete sighed, rubbing his temples. This was his fault, all his; he should’ve never agreed to this trip. Why, oh why had he let himself be talked into this stupid trip? Then again, the method had been… amazing, to keep it clean. At that, he smiled to himself.

Beside him, Brendon was focused on the GameBoy in his hands, “Almost got a Pikachu.” Just what they needed.

Ryan shook his head, “Bren, this is no time for—hey, is that a Jigglypuff?” He looked at the screen.

“Guys,” Pete impatiently said, glancing at them. “Do you think you can stay focus? We have no clue where they could be!” He slammed his head on the table.

Jon stared at Pete, “Personally, I don’t think slamming your head will work--”

“You’ll end up in a coma.” Spencer added with a smile.

They all stared at the drummer.

Ryan was the first to speak up, “Uhm, Spence? That’s not good… so, I don’t know why you’re smiling about it.”

“Maybe they’re in that saloon?” Brendon suddenly suggested. “The guy seemed a bit… suspicious and there were screams from the backroom.”

“Urie,” Pete blinked, getting to his feet. “That is simply… genius.

--

They reached the saloon, Pete leading them inside. “Hello?” He called out, holding the scarf tighter around his neck.

“Isn’t that a girl’s scarf?” Jon suddenly whispered to Ryan.

Ryan eyed it, “It’s either mine… or Ashlee’s.”

Pete gave them the ‘shut up’ look; the instantly did. “No one’s here…” he muttered, running a gloved hand over the counter, it was covered with dust. “No one’s been here for years.”

Spencer shook his head, “We were here just yesterday, though. A man was here, he told us to leave… then, there was a noise from the back and he left us…”

Ryan went around the counter, as if looking for something. “Foot prints, the dust,” he noted. “I’m pretty sure that if no one had been here in years, these wouldn’t be fresh…”

While they looked around the saloon, Pete walked around the counter and placed a hand on the kitchen door. “If I don’t return in thirty minutes, I want you to go and find help, okay?” He told them, biting his bottom lip.

The band members stared at him, “Wentz, you’ve officially gone crazy.” Spencer sighed.

Jon nodded in agreement, “No way we’re letting you go in there, by yourself.”

“Either we all go down there,” Ryan smiled.

“Or we all go get help.” Brendon finished, pocketing the game.

--

Ashlee held her breath as Patrick dialed Pete’s number.

“It’s ringing… it’s ringing…” he told her.

They were now sitting next to each other, by where the door should be.

“Patrick!” He answered on the second ring.

Patrick and Ashlee let out a sigh of relief, “Pete, listen. We…, we don’t know where we are. The room’s empty, there’s no windows… no door…”

“Okay,” Pete’s voice tried to remain calm. “We’re trying to find you… we will find you, I promise.”

“I know Pete, I know.” Patrick weakly smiled, “Here’s Ashlee.” He had the feeling he wanted to speak to his girlfriend.

His voice sounded calm at first, “Ashlee,” he let out a relieved sigh. “Sweetie, I love you, and we’re doing our best to find out where you are.”

Ashlee nodded, “I love you too, Peter,” she rubbed her eyes with her free hand. “I--” she stopped.

“Ash, what is it?” He bit his lip.

“A door… a door appeared.” She sounded scared.
Without hesitating, he said, “Go. Leave that room, okay? You don’t know when it’s going to show up next, or if it’s even going to show up.”

Patrick was back on the line, “Okay. We – the –oom.”

Pete covered his ear, “What? Patrick, I think you’re breaking up…”

“’ete? Can – hear ‘e?”

No, he couldn’t. “Try to go up, okay? We’re heading down and we should run into you.” He hung up.

Ryan looked at him, “They’ll be okay.” He placed a reassuring hand on his friend’s shoulder.

Brendon suddenly giggled, “You said you were breaking up…”

Jon and Spencer smacked him on the back of the head, “Come on, let’s go…” they pulled out their phones, creating a dim light in the dark hallway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be nice(: