If I Had Just One Chance, I'd Buy Romance

Three.

(11:32 pm)

I sat at home, watching mtv's The Hills, as I waited for Travis to return home, like he said he would be home about 5 hours ago.
I sighed, and just wished he would walk through the front door of the living room--but it didn't happen.
I got up from the couch, and turned off the tv, and headed to my room to get ready for sleep.
As I finished putting on my pajamas, I heard the front door close from the living room.

I walked out of the bedroom, and found Travis standing in the middle of the living room floor.
"Travis?" I put my hand over my heart, from being frightened.
He looked up at me. "I didn't know you were up."
"Well yeah, I kind of waited up for you.." I said, my voice quieter than his.
"I'm sorry, baby." He walked my way, and hugged me. "My car wouldn't start, thats all."
I pulled away from the hug. "Why? Whats wrong with it?"
"I don't know, I guess it just needs a new battery."
I sighed, and walked back down the hallway into the bedroom, as I heard Travis follow me.
"Whats wrong?" He finally asked.
"Don't even ask me that." I told him, as I pulled the covers back from the bed.
Travis sighed, heavily. "Look, Sydney I'm sorry. I should have called, but babe, I couldn't help it that my car wasn't working."
"Mhhm." I said, as I lay my head down on the pillow.

Travis walked over to his closet, and begun to change out of his clothes, and into his night clothes.
He walked over to the bed, and turned out his lamp on the nightstand, and lay down besides me.
He moved closer to me, as I said nothing, and rested his arm around me. "I love you, I just want you to know that, more than anything." He kissed my shoulder.
I smiled to myself, even though I couldn't stand talking to him right now. "I know, Travis. I love you, too. Just stop lying to me, please."
He sighed. "Goodnight, Syd."

@@@@@@

The next morning, I woke up to the smell of breakfast cooking in the kitchen. I made my way up from the bed, and made my way out of the bedroom and into the kitchen, where I found Travis in a white tank and boxers, standing over the kitchen stove.
He smiled at me once he had noticed me standing there. "Morning, gorgeous."
I smiled back. "Good morning.." And made my way over to the 'fridge to make myself a cup of orange juice. "Why are you cooking? You never cook, Trav."
Travis shrugged his shoulders as he flipped the pancaked. "I'm making up last night to you, since you cooked for me and I didn't show up, and I was a dick not to call you."

I walked over to him, and hugged him with his back twoards me. "You're such a suck up, now I remember why I love you." And let go.
Travis laughed, as he didn't take his eyes off the pancakes.
I walked out of the kitchen and into the living room as I heard the home phone ringing. As I picked it up, I seen that it was Brooklyn.
"Hey." I said, cheerfully.
"Hi, I seen that you called a couple times late last night?"
"Oh yeah, sorry bout that." I walked out the front door into the cool spring air, so that Travis wouldn't listen to my conversation. "I was upset, and I just wanted someone to talk to."
Brooklyn sighed. "Sydney, what did he do now?" She said, preferring to Travis.
"He just didn't come home the time he said last night..I don't know he said his car stopped working."
"Are you serious? He could have callen you to come and get him, or at least could've had Hunter bring him home. He's so full of shit."
"Calm down." I faked a laugh. "Everything is okay now.."
"If you say so, but anyways, If it's okay with you I'm coming over because John has to work all day, and I don't want to be all alone."
"Okay." I relplied. "But Travis is here."
"Good, I can kick his ass then."

@@@@@@

After a couple of hours of sitting in the house, listening to Travis talk about how good his band is getting, Brooklyn and I decided to go outside, and I would give my puppie, Santi, a golden retriever puppie, a bath in the water hose.
As we got outside, I put Santi down on the grass, and walked over to the side of the house to grab the water hose.
"I don't think he's going to let you do this." Brooklyn said.
"He will." I smiled, as I turned on the water hose, and watched Santi take off.
"Oh, what did I tell you? I PWNED you." Brooklyn laughed, as I took off after my puppie.

As I kept chasing Santi, and still heard Brooklyn laughing, I ended up across the street.
"Santi!" I yelled with laughter.
As Santi ran into a yard, I noticed it was Jeremys yard. I all of a sudden felt my face turn red as I watched Santi run into the opened garage. I turned my back to look at Brooklyn, maybe hoping that she would come help me, but she didn't. Instead, she just sat in the grass and watched.
I sighed, and turned my body back twoards the garage, and decided just to hurry and go in to grab Santi.

"Santi?" I called out quietly. "Santi, where are you?" I got down on my knees to look under a parked car. "Ah-ha, there you are." I smiled to myself, as I grabbed the puppie and brought him twoards me, and then heard a garage door all of a sudden open. I stood up quickly with Santi in my arms, and found Jeremy standing on the other side of the garage. And then he turned to face me, and was blank for a second. "Shit!" He moved his body backwards, as if someone was about to attack him, and then ended up laughing. "You scared the hell out of me--what are you doing in here?"

I felt my cheeks turn pink. "My puppie ran in here..sorry." I turned and rolled my eyes of embarassment. But before I could get a chance to walk off, Jeremy stopped me, and pulled at me shoulder. "Wait."
I turned to face him, my cheeks still feeling hot.
"You don't have to be embarassed." He smiled.
I looked at him, and for the first time, I actually seen how cute he was. He had a perfect face, gorgeous eyes, and the most adorablest smile you would ever see. I looked down after starring at him awkwardly.
Jeremy reached his hand out to Santi, and began petting his head. "He's cute." he smiled. "He looks like one of those puppies you see on the toilet papper commercials."
I smiled. "Yeah,,his name is Santi."
"Really? I like that name, did you get it from The Academy Is...?"
"Yep," I smiled at Santi, who was still in my arms. "Do you want to go meet my friend?"
"Sure."

As Jeremy and I made our way over to my yard, Brooklyn stood up quickly from the grass, and put a confused smile on her face. "Hey." She said more like a question.
"Brooklyn, this is Jeremy, my new neighbor."
"And, new co-worker." He added.
Brooklyn smiled. "Hey, I'm Brooklyn, Sydneys best friend."

As I let Jeremy and Brooklyn talk for a while, I bent down on my knees, and began cleaning Santi with the water hose. As I began putting the god shampoo in my hands, Santi all of a sudden shook all the water on his fur onto me, and I yelped loudly.
Brooklyn and Jeremy starting laughing at me. "Do you need help?" Jeremy asked me.
"Yes." I laughed.
Jeremy bent down closely next to me. "What can I help you with?" His eyes starred straight into mine.
"Uhm.." I began to feel nervous. "Can you just hold on to him, so he doesn't run off?"
"Yeah." He smiled.

I smiled back at him, and looked down at my puppie, and began rubbing my fingers through his fur with the dog shampoo, until I heard Travis' voice, and looked up quickly, which caused me to bump heads with Jeremy.
"Fuck!" I yelled out, putting my hand over my forehead. "I'm so sorry!" I began laughing, and heard Brooklyn scream as Santi ran over to her, and got her all wet and soapy.
I put my hand on Jeremys forehead. "Oh, my gosh! I made you have a little bump.”
Jeremy laughed. “Its all good, it doesn’t even hurt.”

“What the hell is going on?” Travis was walking mine and Jeremys way. I quickly took my hand off Jeremys head, and stood up next to Travis, followed by Jeremy. “Travis, this is our new neighbor, Jeremy.”
“Hey.” Jeremy said.
Travis didn’t say anything. He just starred at Jeremy. “I’ve seen you somewhere. Are you in a band?”
Jeremy nodded his head ‘yes’. “The Devil Wears Prada.”
“Thought so. I have a band of my own, too. We the kings.”
“Yeah, I’ve watched you play live before.”
“We kick ass.”

I sighed, and seen Brooklyn standing next to me. Everyone was awkward and quiet for about 30 seconds.
“Well, I’m glad I could help you with your dog.” Jeremy gave me a smile. “See you around.”
I watched Jeremy walk off, as Travis pulled me into him, wrapping his arm around my neck.

“You’re an asshole.” Brooklyn finally said.
“What’d I do?” Travis replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you read this, comment please?

No one likes it.

<3