Hollywood High

superman or spiderman?

“E.T.! Sarah! E.T.! Sarah! E.T.! Sarah! E.T.! Sarah! E.T.! Sarah!” Jessie running and screaming in my bed room like an alarm clock. “Wake up, sunshine!” Jessie opens the night curtain and day curtain. The ray of the morning light reflects to my eyes. I cover my eyes and groaning.

“What the heck are you doing here in,” I look at bedside room clock, “6.30 in the morning on SATURDAY!! I want to sleep!” I yell to Jessie with my raspy voice because I just wake up after less 6 hours of sleeps.

“We are going to New York! And go see Hairspray! With the Jonas Brothers!” Jessie sings complete with happy dancing. “Say that again?!” now I’m awake. The Jonas Brothers? That day is just a dream, right?

“We’re going to New York with the Jonas Brothers in 1 hour, didn’t you remember daddy surprise us with the tickets?” Jessie said to me slower and calmer this time like I’m a kid.

“Uhh, yeah… I thought I was just day-dreaming again that time.”

I walk out to my bathroom to brush my teeth; I stop at my door frame. I turn around, “hTe Jonas Brothers are our neighbor right?” I ask her without thinking. “Yeah, why?” she answered with confused in her face.

“Nothing, just checking.” My face doesn’t have any emotion in it like a zombie.

I walk to the kitchen with my still messy hair and emotionless face, straight to the coffee maker. Pull out my favorite mug and pour the coffee full. I sat on the counter, wait for the coffee cool a bit. “Good morning, Sarah. What do you want for breakfast today?” it was Rosalina, our maid. But we don’t like people called her our maid. She’s family, like my second mom but being paid. She has work for my dad before I was born.

“Just scramble egg, please.” Still emotionless.

“So, are you ready to go to New York with the Jonases?” Rosalina ask me while crack the egg into the pan. Even though she makes it like everyone does it but she still has the best scramble egg I’ve ever tasted in my whole years old of living.

I took a sip of my coffee, there’s a smile on my face “Of course!” oh yeah, coffee rules! Just a sip of caffeine I’m pumping up, baby! Rosalina just smile at my behavior. It’s an everyday routine since last year when Jessie introduced me to Sturbucks. I’m addict to it since then. I will act like a zombie every morning until I got my coffee.

A plate of scramble egg in front of me, I said “Thank you!” to Rosalina. While she’s cleaning the stove, I said, “I’ll get you some souvenir, Kay? Any particular stuff in mine?” munched the delicious egg.

She shook her head. “No. You can choose whatever you want. I don’t want to take your fun time at New York.”

“Aww, Rose, it is not a problem. You like a mother to me. I’ll do anything for you!” I ran around the counter to give her a hug. She hugs back. I always make her feels appreciated, so were others.

XXX

I take a long shower, shampoo my hair and shave my legs with the Jonas Brothers’ song blasting in the air. I wear my purple bath robe and go to my room to change my clothes. I open the bathroom door singing, “and that just the way we roll!” “Finally, what take you so long?!” Jessie yells at me all of a sudden, I jump a little. “Whoa, you scared the craps outa me.”

“Well, we only have 30 minutes to get you done.” She says to me with her arms folds.

“And that just a little time?”

“Yeah, if you want to look good.”

I spontaneous calculate the minutes, “Chillax sistah, we have 1800 second to go.” It’s a habit. I can’t help it.

Jessie raises her left eyebrow, “Did you just count that in your mind?”

“Yes.”

“You’re such a nerd!”

XXX

After 25 minutes later…

I look different with the make-ups. My face seems like to lighten up and looks natural at the same time. Let my wavy hair flows and wear a gray satin slashes to hold the hair that covers my face.

I wear the Alice & Olivia black print t-shirt that Jessie and I pick up last night, dark gray skinny jeans with my red low cut converse, of course. I twirl around in front of the mirror. I love it. It’s me but different. I still wear dark clothes but more stylish. I ran towards Jessie and hug her.

“Ding dong.” That’s the front door bell. It must be the boys. We’re running to the door but Rosalina got there first. We’re on the half way down to the door which is on the stairs.

“Good morning,” Kevin said, the three of them smile, “Is the girls ready yet?” he asks Rosalina. She’s also smiling. “Come in, wait for a minute, let me go check on them” Rosalina motion to come in. They step in.

Jessie wants to go to them but missed a step so she falls down the stairs. I’m glad it’s just the few steps when she falls. And more glad when Kevin caught her, “I’m okay!” she said dreamily since she is Kevin’s arms. Their eyes locked to each others.

“You’re alright, baby?” Kevin asks her. I know it! There’s must be something happened last night at the backyard. “Didn’t I just said, I’m okay!” she answers. Kevin just laughs soundly at her.

While I watch the lovey-dovey scene, I sense two pairs of eyes set on me. I look at the other two brothers. They are gaping and drooling looking at me. Kevin and Jessie stand up. They notice the boys’ reaction. Jessie looks at me and mouth to me ‘I told you so.’ I just shook my head, I can’t believe it. I walk down the rest of the stairs carefully, don’t want to end up like Jessie, actually I do but I don’t have a Kevin to catch me.

“Hey, guys!” I said cheerfully. Joe and Nick just came back to earth and act like everything’s cool. “Hey!” Joe says with a macho voice. “What’s up?” Nick put his hand in his jeans. “You look beautiful, Sarah.” Nick said it to me. “Thank you!” I smile widely.

“Honk!” that’s our ride to the airport. Dad will waiting for us there. I can’t wait to go to New York!!

XXX

Above the sky in the middle of nowhere…

We’re in dad’s private jet. I take a seat beside the window, yawning in every second. I felt someone sits beside me. I turn, it’s Nick. I look at him with my half open eyes and heard he said “Hi!” in his musical voice. Next thing I knew I’m asleep.

XXX

I feel a little nudge on my shoulder and someone whisper in my left ear. “Good morning, sleepy head. It’s time to wake up.” I groan a little but suddenly realize my head on someone’s thigh. I sit up and see Nick’s smiling at me. “How long I’ve been asleep?”

“About 3 hours.”

“Why didn’t you wake me up?”

“You look so serene and cute when you’re asleep. I don’t to wake you up.” he laughing softly. He continues, “Put your seat belt on, we’re about to landing.” I do what he told me.

XXX

“Whoa, dead leg!” Nick trying to stand up after the plane has land. I laugh and walk to him, “I’m sorry, it’s my fault. Here let me help you walk.” He put his around my shoulder. I could smell his Abercrombie cologne. Like last Thursday, when he caught me. Not too strong, not too little, just Perfect! My cheeks a little hot, please don’t let anybody see me blushing. I turn to Nick, his cheeks is red too.

“Wow, you’re awake! I thought you unconscious back there. Why is your face red?” My wish did not commend, thank you so much Joe. “Uhh, I am afraid of height actually.” I lie. I saw Jessie try to speak up but I glare at her not to tell that I lie. Actually, I love to ride a plane.

Joe looks at Nick’s hand on my shoulder for a while, to Nick and to me, then said, “okay.”

Everyone get off the plane, dad is the last one to come out.

XXX

“I have a meeting until 4, dinner at 6, and then we’re going to Broadway at 7, kay?” yeah, daddy always like this, very organized. “So, you all can survey New York but be back here before 4.” He said while we’re walking to our rooms. And he treats us like an adult, Jessie, Kevin and Joe already adults, but you get my point, he trust us. I love him for that.

Dad takes the suite. It has three rooms connecting trough a living room, one for the boys, one for dad, and one for me and Jessie. It’s huge. It also has a piano. I cant believe this! It also a Wii. Gotta love this hotel.

XXX

“so, where we going to first, Central Park, Statue of Liberty, Times Square, Umm, Upper East Side, (A/n Gossip Girl! eep!) Fifth Avenue or just walking around?” Kevin looks the New York map in his hand. He’s sure looks like a tour guide.

“I don’t know, you guys choose.” I said.

“I’m hungry!” Joe whines and rubs his tummy. “Yeah, me too.” Jessie agrees with him.

“Food it is…” Nick said.

“But that’s not in the options!” Kevin defends.

“But everyone agree with me”

“Fine you win…”

“It’s okay, sweetie…” she kisses him. That’s the first time I saw them kiss. Joe and Nick just roll their eyes and start walking.

I’m walking between Joe and Nick. Kevin and Jessie walk behind us, hand in hand. They are in their own world and I’m stuck in random conversation between Joe and Nick.

“Superman is coolier than Spiderman!” Coolier? There’s no word by coolier, but he is Joe. The strange boy I’ve ever met yet.

“No, Spiderman is. He can swing that building to that building.” Nick pointed up to the buildings.

“Superman can fly, have super strength, laser eyes and X-ray vision, hah, beat that!”

“Spiderman can take kryptonite and put in his spandex!”

“Superman can kidnap Mary-Jane!”

“Spiderman can kidnap Lois La-” I cut Nick, yelling, “What the heck are guys talking about?!”

“Who’s cooler Spiderman or Superman?” Nick asks me.

“Neither. Harry Potter is the best. He can kill both Clark Kent and Peter Parker.” I can’t help it. I’m a big fan of J.K. Rowling. And that’s one of the reasons why I know Emma Watson.

“What!” they both look shocks.

“No! He’s not even a comic character!” Nick said for him and Joe.

“But he’s a book character. That’s count.”

“No it isn’t!” they said in unison.

“Yes, it is!”

(A/N I like to write this random conversation all along but it would never end.)

XXX

At the theater…

“Okay, let ask your father’s opinion.” Joe still did not want to give up. (A/N I told you it would never ended!)

“Mr. Spielberg, who is the coolest hero of all time? Peter Parker, Clark Kent or Harry Potter.”

“Of all time? Let me think, Superman.”

“Hah! I told you!” Joe pointed at me.

I don’t want Joe win again this time, so I ask dad,“Dad, who’s the most powerful hero? Peter Parker, Clark Kent or Harry Potter.”

“Umm, Harry Potter because he has his wand.”

“Hah! I told you!” I pointed at him back.

“Okay you win…” he finally surrenders. “Poor spidey. Nobody wants him.” Joe ruffles Nick’s hair.

“Ehh, whatever. MJ still wants him.” he mutters under his breath.

XXX

We’re sitting the forth and fifth row. Dad didn’t get the seats in row because he booked another three on the last minute. So, there three seat on the forth row and three seats on the fifth. Daddy sits with Jessie and Kevin at front and I’m sitting between Joe and Nick. Again! From the first day I met them, I will caught in between them.

“I think Zac is cuter than this Link Larkin, don’t you think?” I whispered to Joe.

“I thought you love the Jonas Brothers, not Zac Efron?” he whispered back. Nick is enjoying the play, I don’t want to disturb him.

“Cant a teenage girl have more than one, I mean three celebrity crushes?” he just shrug it off.

I take a handful of popcorn suddenly Joe’s hand grazes with hand in the bucket. I drop the popcorn, I look at Joe and he is looking at me. I study his feature, his twinkle dark eyes, his shiny dark hair, even though there just a dim light around us, his rosy lips.

His hand about to grab mine but Nick disrupts him from doing it, “Joe, can I have your coke, mine is empty.” Nick has a little smile on his face but I can see there’s slight jealousy in his eyes.

Joe clears his throats, “sure.” He handed the coke to Nick. I didn’t realize I’ve been staring at Nick. He looks at me and creases his eyebrows with confusion. “What?” he said softly. “Nothing.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know Sarah hadn’t chosen a brother yet. But I can’t help it, YOU can’t help it if you have to choose two brothers you’ve been glooming about.